Although no one wants to hear it now, on the bright side...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DeaconJones

Rookie
Disappointing finish but still it was refreshing to watch a good old defensive battle. This was the best D game the Rams played all year. But I felt like I was watching a 2012 Rams game - good D and no O.

If Brandin makes a great catch with 4:30 to go, the game is tied 10-10. We had a chance.

I didn't think Goff was as bad people say, and I liked the fact he was making plays in the 4th quarter. The interception was bad, since he still had more downs - no need to force it.

From what I've read, Coach McVay didn't handle the Pats D playing zone when they had played man coverage all year. He has 6 months to figure out how to handle that better.

I still don't get the whole Todd Gurley thing. If it is his knee, hopefully it heals and he can be 100% in the fall.

Great season overall. And, applying Russian hockey logic (*), the Rams won 15 games this year - more than any other team in the NFL. Therefore the Rams are the NFL winner of winners :)

* - in 1972 Canada beat Russia 4-3-1 in the first big summit series. But Russia claims they won because they outscored Canada 32-31

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that is it in a nutshell right there.

If we have Kupp - we win this game handily.

Reynolds was one on one all game and very seldom could shake his man

Kupp would have been open all game imho. And that would have led into Woods and Cooks being open.

Reynolds - he is decent but he is no Kupp.
Hey, we have to remind ourselves that the biggest TD catch in Rams history was an under-thrown ball! Bruce adjusted and somehow caught it and took it to the house! We didn't have that one guy that could step up and place the dagger in the heart like Bruce could. I bet Kupp can! Totally agree with you Tano!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Disappointing finish but still it was refreshing to watch a good old defensive battle. This was the best D game the Rams played all year. But I felt like I was watching a 2012 Rams game - good D and no O.

If Brandin makes a great catch with 4:30 to go, the game is tied 10-10. We had a chance.

I didn't think Goff was as bad people say, and I liked the fact he was making plays in the 4th quarter. The interception was bad, since he still had more downs - no need to force it.

From what I've read, Coach McVay didn't handle the Pats D playing zone when they had played man coverage all year. He has 6 months to figure out how to handle that better.

I still don't get the whole Todd Gurley thing. If it is his knee, hopefully it heals and he can be 100% in the fall.

Great season overall. And, applying Russian hockey logic (*), the Rams won 15 games this year - more than any other team in the NFL. Therefore the Rams are the NFL winner of winners :)

* - in 1972 Canada beat Russia 4-3-1 in the first big summit series. But Russia claims they won because they outscored Canada 32-31

I believe that in the Mike Silver article Goff said Cooks was the hot route on that play. Which to me begs the question: why is a deep route the hot route? Maybe I don't know enough about offenses. Just seems weird.

EDIT: It was a statement by Silver hot in quotes. On watching the replay there's a dude who is totally uncovered a couple years short of the first down but with absolutely nobody near him. THAT guy should have been the hot route. You know, in retrospect... from the couch... and the top down camera angle. But seriously, why can't we find ever find the completely uncovered guy and make stupid big yardage on other people's mistakes?

I mean FFS. I don't remember seeing us catch a break like they this season. Again, I could be wrong.

Last edited: