Alliance of American Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I absolutely loved hearing his "private" mic conversation when he said savagely to America, "Gonna replace the QB." Wow...Trent Green said he remembers Martz's salty language when he screwed up....It just felt more real than the coach-speak we hear after every NFL game.

Totally concur, Martz just needs to cover up the exposed belly on the sideline. Very entertaining having the Coaches mic'd up, brings back memories of NFL Films, when they show Hand Stram during their Super Bowl against the Vikings as Viking Coach Bud Grant turn down Ed Sabol when they asked him to be mic'd up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

View: https://twitter.com/andrewperloff/status/1094404605696454656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1094404605696454656&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2F2019%2F02%2F11%2Fsuper-bowl-devin-jason-mccourty-brian-hoyer-patriots-rams

Polian's right IMO. And we discussed before that one of these leagues should sell themselves as a AAA for the NFL, just get in bed with Satan and grab that stability it would give you. NFL is going to nuke your rosters to snap up the occasional player who can help them, so why not benefit from it by easing the red tape and being in league with them from the beginning.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/andrewperloff/status/1094404605696454656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1094404605696454656&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2F2019%2F02%2F11%2Fsuper-bowl-devin-jason-mccourty-brian-hoyer-patriots-rams

Polian's right IMO. And we discussed before that one of these leagues should sell themselves as a AAA for the NFL, just get in bed with Satan and grab that stability it would give you. NFL is going to nuke your rosters to snap up the occasional player who can help them, so why not benefit from it by easing the red tape and being in league with them from the beginning.

Seems they built it that way from the beginning. NFL won't officially back AAF as a feeder/minor league until they show they can last more than a few years. Saw Polian and a few others allude to it in interviews over the weekend. Sorry don't have any links as they were on TV.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Am I trippin or when I watched the AAF game live this Sunday, were the camera angles showing the game completely different than if you go on youtube right now (after game has concluded) and re-watch the game?

I could swear the live camera was almost all from that camera on wires that can go all over the field. And those viewing angles were a GREAT way to watch the game! You could literally see clearly the expression on the QB's face close up, and sometimes hear his voice. It was really cool.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really wish St Louis was represented in this league instead of the XFL......maybe James Laurinaitis uses his strong WWE family ties and somehow is involved with STLs team.

I hope there is a merger with 16 teams. Exciting.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

WOW, that would be something Vincent Kennedy McMahon Merging with William Patrick Polian, Jr., that would be as unlikely as Peter Rozelle & Al Davis!
roellemerger.jpg
Screen-Shot-2018-12-04-at-5.37.02-PM.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really wish St Louis was represented in this league instead of the XFL......maybe James Laurinaitis uses his strong WWE family ties and somehow is involved with STLs team.

It does seem like the AAF is angling for the "dev league for the NFL" type approach, which is wise. If the XFL follows suit then yeah it would be cool to see both of them survive and give many of these players that extra window of opportunity. Big winner in all this is the players and guys who want to get into the business side of things.

Re: STL I'd have to think they are going to get an NFL franchise down the road. It's too big a city not to. I'm betting we'll see them throw their hat back in the ring and as long as they put up a good effort (either new stadium or the upgrades to the dome the Rams wanted before they left) they're going to get another team.

Any word on what the XFL STL franchise is going to be named yet?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It does seem like the AAF is angling for the "dev league for the NFL" type approach, which is wise. If the XFL follows suit then yeah it would be cool to see both of them survive and give many of these players that extra window of opportunity. Big winner in all this is the players and guys who want to get into the business side of things.

Re: STL I'd have to think they are going to get an NFL franchise down the road. It's too big a city not to. I'm betting we'll see them throw their hat back in the ring and as long as they put up a good effort (either new stadium or the upgrades to the dome the Rams wanted before they left) they're going to get another team.

Any word on what the XFL STL franchise is going to be named yet?
Everywhere I read in St Louis is that they don't want another NFL team....So don't think so.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everywhere I read in St Louis is that they don't want another NFL team....So don't think so.

LA said they didn't want a team either. That stuff is all hyperbole IMO. When the NFL begins its next expansion look STL will be there with bells on. Bank it. :D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LA said they didn't want a team either. That stuff is all hyperbole IMO. When the NFL begins its next expansion look STL will be there with bells on. Bank it. :D
In that case, it was what Kroenke wanted, not the people of LA. He saw the potential in the 2nd largest city in the USA, who never would build a stadium for itself. Kroenke is building it and they are coming. In St Louis, there is no great draw for billionaire to build his own stadium there and the Dome in st Louis was obsolete the day the Rams moved in in '95. I just don't see the community will to build an NFL worthy stadium in St Louis anymore, by themselves... (and I don't blame them)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just don't see the community will to build an NFL worthy stadium in St Louis anymore, by themselves... (and I don't blame them)

I seem to remember them being willing to build a riverfront stadium before the Rams move was settled. Don't want to get into a big convoluted deal here either, btw, as I know some are sensitive about this topic. But we'll have to wait and see what they're willing to do when that door opens, or when it's possible for that door to open.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't see it, but Luis Perez was a Week 1 star?

Yes he looked really good. Chalk up more "McVay magic" to make the owners want to hire more young OCs lmao.

He might have a future as a backup QB. Rams may give him a look this offseason to replace Mannion.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I seem to remember them being willing to build a riverfront stadium before the Rams move was settled. Don't want to get into a big convoluted deal here either, btw, as I know some are sensitive about this topic. But we'll have to wait and see what they're willing to do when that door opens, or when it's possible for that door to open.
Yes there was, but they expected a huge buy in by Kroenke on that deal....and the sacrifice by the community (non-football community) was not a sure thing. Many hurdles still needed to be jumped for that stadium to be built.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes he looked really good. Chalk up more "McVay magic" to make the owners want to hire more young OCs lmao.

He might have a future as a backup QB. Rams may give him a look this offseason to replace Mannion.
I hope they do. I think he has 10x the potential of Mannion.