Allen Robinson To Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Looks like great hands and a real 50/50 ball WR that Stafford can exploit. Could say as much about Benny Skow as the big WR. This takes the pressure off of Woods early on and could mean a Jefferson trade. With Snead and the Rams, you never know what's next.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUZaZu7jKkM

No doubt his skill set fits Stafford perfectly. These are the types of WRs we will be adding moving forward.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Les Snead just said" F" those 2023 compensatory awarded selections that he had compiled.

This signing says a ton of stuff to me......that he & McVay crewed up big on the top 2021 drat selection In TuTu & 3rd season WR Van Jefferson was not good enough to be what McVay wants.

Robinson excels at competing for the ball where Jefferson struggles sometimes. I doubt this has any impact on Atwell though.

I will now expect additional free agents which weren't previously supported by the Comp formula Snead had been adhering to.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In the pre free agency article Jourdan wrote something about the Rams are hanging onto there plan of having Kupp, Woods, and OBJ on the offense all at the same time in 2022. So trading Woods was never the plan as some had assumed.

However Woods to Minnesota for Hunter makes some sense. Plans change.
Jourdan's strength is her "give a fuck" as a team beat writer. Also she is very good at getting info from the Rams.

BUT... The Rams sometimes can steer those types wrong with their BS. They're not gonna admit they overpaid Woody. But they probably will do something about it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree. Culture of the Rams isn't kumbaya campfire songs. It's guys producing for the team. If you're not producing you're gone.

Woody produces so that's not the problem with him. Prob with him is he wanted to get paid and the Rams accommodated him but now are seeing him as a way to save cap space. Because he's good but not great. Valuable certainly. But not as a guy getting paid. Not on this roster.

So my hope is they find a trade partner for him. But I agree a cut will happen if not.
YOUSONOFA ~ Bobby Trees

jjab360

Legend
Wow, didn't see this one coming at all. Robinson is obviously a very good WR and a good fit for this team who has been wasted on some bad passing offenses, but the Rams don't usually sign big name FAs who haven't been cut.

The question now is what happens with Woods, OBJ, and to a lesser degree Van Jefferson?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
My guess is the Rams have seen enough of Jefferson now to know he is a useful piece but ultimately a JAG. I agree. I love the Robinson signing. He is exactly the WR that will excel with Stafford. And with Woods (and OBJ?) coming off injuries, we need to ensure we have a strong WR behind Kupp if they take time to get up to speed. This WR room is going go be incredible.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Disagree. Culture of the Rams isn't kumbaya campfire songs. It's guys producing for the team. If you're not producing you're gone.

Woody produces so that's not the problem with him. Prob with him is he wanted to get paid and the Rams accommodated him but now are seeing him as a way to save cap space. Because he's good but not great. Valuable certainly. But not as a guy getting paid. Not on this roster.

So my hope is they find a trade partner for him. But I agree a cut will happen if not.
If they cut Woods they will have a very upset Kupp on their hands.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holy shit, I did NOT see this coming. It’s an interesting move, but that means that Jefferson and/or Atwell are likely trade bait.
Or Woods. Let's face it... I 'm sure Minnesota or Detroit (the ex-Ram coaches) would love to have Woods or Jefferson.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jourdan's strength is her "give a fuck" as a team beat writer. Also she is very good at getting info from the Rams.

BUT... The Rams sometimes can steer those types wrong with their BS. They're not gonna admit they overpaid Woody. But they probably will do something about it.
I don’t believe anything that happens on this team until I see it.

A trade with Minnesota makes sense to help out with a new offense install. But they’d be trading what many players consider the heart and soul of the team. So we’ll see. The injury obviously has to come into play also, but if they trade Woods they still only have two studs for most of the season and nobody to replace his blocking and gadget play role.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not necessarily opposed to the move, especially pairing a WR with that kind of talent with Sean McVay ... but man, our WR room is getting crowded.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I'm guessing this proves the Jags waaaay over paid for Kirk. Kirk may be younger, but I would take Robinson over Kirk. Just hope it doesn't cost us Woods. Could this be the $ they were planning to give Miller? If so it shouldn't effect any starters cap wise.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they cut Woods they will have a very upset Kupp on their hands.
Nonsense. Kupp knows the drill. He knows this team is serious about championships and has the highest standards. He might even already know that is coming.

Braindead

UDFA
So if we resign OBJ, we would have four #1 WR (Kupp, Woods, Robinson & OBJ)?!? We should get a flag everytime those 4 are on the field at the same time for unsportsmanlike conduct. :zany1:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Hmmm not sure about that....does Woods have a lower cap hit next year if traded or released? If he does, they are planning for him to bring back picks vs comp picks if they go that route

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
GSOT II. Or BOMBS AWAY IN LA... this year is going to be very exciting!