AD - Best player in the 2014 draft?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know it's early - but he has looked fantastic all season, getting in the backfield to stuff runs (ask Lynch about that) and getting to the QB. A bunch of teams have to be kicking themselves over not getting him.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
A lot of people thought he could have been the best player in the draft - and had a real chance for defensive rookie of the year. If he was playing for anyone but the Rams I think he'd be an absolute lock for DROY. BEAST.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
He's definitely been worth his draft spot. G Rob is a beast too

RamzFanz

Damnit
Looks like a solid draft. Tre Mason just stole the starting spot. I'm surprised they didn't pass to him.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Aaron Donald is dominating at the LOS as a rookie - wait till the light build goes on for him... He could be perennial All-Pro

SyncMaster

UDFA
I can't ever remember seeing a player get though the line as quick and often as he does. If I saw a player make those plays once a season I would be impressed, but he does it a few times per game.

If there is a "once in a generation" player from that draft class, it's clearly AD.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
And... we're seeing these things as a rookie at one of the more difficult positions to transition from college to the NFL.

Good days ahead for Aaron Donald!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else see that one play where Wilson was forced to roll to his right with Donald chasing him? He looked over his shoulder, saw Donald booking it, and immediately threw that ball away haha. I don't think he expected a DT to be chasing his ass down. Donald is such a freak of nature. Glad the board is coming around, a lot of people weren't so keen on drafting a DT. That kid is special.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Aaron Donald is a fucking animal. Haven't seen a DT quite as disruptive as him since Sapp. He's like a third DE, just bullies the interior of the line and relentlessly tackles. I loved him since the moment he exploded past the Tampa Bay line and absolutely let Doug Martin have it.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Strong rookie class this year...did anyone catch Watkins game winner? Taylor Lewan is a beast too....So is CJ Mosely

jap

Legend
As I said on the GameDay thread, Aaron looks like D'Marco Farr on steroids. The older Horns fans will remember how underrated D'Marco often shot through the line faster than lightning and had a penchant for making big plays. Aaron actually looks faster, quicker, and stronger than D'Marco.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
As soon as the Rams draft a guy I become a fan. This year they actually drafted who I was touting predraft. I had no expectation of Donald still being there with our second ppick. I liked him enough I would hav considered moving back up. Grob had to be first. I think we got the best offensive and defensive bigs in the draft. Time will tell

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Very, very hard to not be pleased with our top 4 picks after our first 6 games, huh?

Robinson
Donald
Joyner
Mason

And Gaines in the 6th is looking like a real steal, too.

As Mayock would say, "are you KIDDING me"? Lol.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Donald had a monster day today. Looked awesome. I honestly think this kid is going to make the Hall of Fame. Too early or not, he's that great.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Donald demonstrates the importance of taking the best player available especially with the early picks. Freak. And maybe Pro Bowler in his rookie season, we'll see.

RamWoodie

Legend
Looks like a solid draft. Tre Mason just stole the starting spot. I'm surprised they didn't pass to him.
Let's don't go overboard just yet. By all rights, Stacy has yet to be healthy. Mason is definitely a good player, but to look at Stacy last year, and just hand it to Mason because of a couple of games is ridiculous.