Aaron Rodgers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Very true, Mok.

He really got the chance to develop in GB.

Teams should pay attention!!!
Yeah that has become a huge problem in the NFL ,developing Qb's just doesn't happen enough , if you draft a guy first round you almost have to play him and he develops bad habits trying to save his ass or gets gun shy,I know Rogers was anxious about not starting but hed got to learn a lot watching Favre,IMO sometimes he even learned what NOT to do as in reckless with the ball, he doesn't throw a lot of ints like his predecessor.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I know its revisionist history but what if the rams had drafted rodgers instead of alex barron? The whole rams franchise could be completely different.
Two problems with that though:

1. With Bulger just 1 year into his new contract, it didn't make sense to draft a QB.

2. If we had drafted Rodgers and put him through the years of alleged OL protection that got Bulger Bulgerized, I don't think we're even still talking about Aaron Rodgers today.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
:whistle::p R E L A X

Hi jrry,the places I've seen the two listed have them the same height AND weight ,I agree Rogers has amazing pocket presence and so does Breese ,Davis doesn't but can develop it and has some intangibles that are worth noting ,was a hot commodity for a while got hit by some elite defenses and struggled in no small part because the whole team was struggling, and not worse than most Qb's with the sort of experience he has.
I expressed my reservations about Davis until i saw how he would do against the elite defenses and IMO he acquitted himself well against the best one , Seattle.
FWIW all QB's have to have throwing lanes except maybe Brock Osweiler who if the Broncos have to play at anytime will be their undoing.

BTW I was listening to XM this evening ,they were talking about what MAY be going on in Denver with their sudden preoccupation with running the ball, Gil Brandt said that Manning no longer throws every pattern before games ,he doesn't even throw on Weds. any more ,the arm might be going .

Davis measured in around 6'1.5" at the combine while Rodgers measured in at 6'2" on the dot. ;)

I don't believe he can develop it. It's rare that a QB does. Generally, it's something you have or you don't. You can improve it if you have it but it's rare guys come into the league with it being an issue and really develop it.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
The rams could have done what the packers did and sat rodgers for a couple of years until bulger was bulgerized... rodgers has good mobility, he has had some pretty bad olines before in green bay.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The rams could have done what the packers did and sat rodgers for a couple of years until bulger was bulgerized... rodgers has good mobility, he has had some pretty bad olines before in green bay.
The reason the Packers did what they did was that they knew Favre was old (36) and nearing retirement (eventually at any rate). That wasn't the case for Bulger who was 28. And I don't think mobility would have helped all that much against the injury decimated lines we had during Bulger's career.