Aaron Donald

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
OK, opposing OL's... we have Quinn, Brockers, Donald and Long. You can double ONE of these guys. TWO if you use the TE as an extra lineman.

Pick your freaking poison.

Oh, and once you get tired, we have the best rotational DL in the freaking league too.

QBs, win if you can, survive if we let you.
Being commanded by GW who is no doubt running his most talented defense ever!

safak

Game-Wrecker
Name
safak
the numbers don't look very impressive to me.

then the only number you read was his height if his numbers don't look impressive..

4.68 40yd
35 reps
5 major awards(most of any dt ever, nagurski/outland/badnarik/lombardi/accpoy)
28.5 TFL
11 sacks
66 TFL career with 29.5 sacks.

out of a DT? any of those numbers are unheard of from a DT.
and thats through a career where he went through 3 head coaches at pitt,(6 if you count interms and the heywood guy who got fired in a week)
he was played as nt, de for a year, 3 tech(his home), 5 tech. Todd Graham ran a 3-4 the year he was at pitt.
this was the best pick of the draft IMO you will flat out love this kid and be buying a jersey by week 6.

PhxRam

then the only number you read was his height if his numbers don't look impressive..

4.68 40yd
35 reps
28.5 TFL
11 sacks

and thats through a career where he went through 3 head coaches at pitt,(6 if you count interms and the heywood guy who got fired in a week)
he was played as nt, de for a year, 3 tech(his home), 5 tech. Todd Graham ran a 3-4 the year he was at pitt.
this was the best pick of the draft IMO you will flat out love this kid and be buying a jersey by week 6.

Thanks for the info. I love when guys who have watched a player their entire careers comes in and gives some insight.

jjab360

Legend
I don't understand the pick if we just drafted Brockers. The guy doesn't seem very big for a DT. Everyone seems pretty excited so I guess it's a good pick but the numbers don't look very impressive to me.
lolwut?

Don't even know where to start, the numbers are ridiculous from every single angle except for height.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

4.68 40yd
35 reps
28.5 TFL
11 sacks

Hey, welcome to the board, safak! We really appreciate the insight you've shared with us about Donald. I'm guessing that Todd Graham ran the 3-4 last year when Donald didn't have his usual numbers that season?

moklerman

Warner-phile
lolwut?

Don't even know where to start, the numbers are ridiculous from every single angle except for height.
His size is all I was talking about. 6'0", 285 is what I saw and that seems a little small for an NFL DT.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The best play I saw a defensive college player make last year:

safak

Game-Wrecker
Name
safak
no momento he played in the 3-4 in 2011.
2012 he led the conference in TFL. he didn't have the double digit sacks but he still had a great season in paul chrysts first year there.
he did miss a game that year against the FCS team, which if he played ...he would have gotten the 1.5 TFL he averaged (at least) and been top 10 in the nation so i wouldn't say it was a bad year.

bear in mind pitt is not all that good and didn't have much help around him the past 3 years.
AD was doubled and even tripled at times, good coaches like fsu and ND gameplanned strictly for him.

bad coaches did not.
see georgia tech
and virginia games vor example.
if you are a film guy, watch the ad/virginia game on youtuble

it is cut down to under 10 minutes and just shows his every play, whether he did something/nothing.
notice how many times he disrupts the qb into throwing it away, that was probably the biggest part of his game but you never see stats on that.

Alan

Legend
safak joining the team:
Saying stuff.
Welcome to the ROD safak! (y) :welcome: :party: :sup: :lifting: :seizure: :rockon: :cheers:
You picked an exciting time to join our community. :) If you like intelligent talk about the Rams you'll love it here. Why don't you stop by here:
Re: Introduce Yourself and tell us a little about yourself?
images

We're losing social skills, the human interaction skills, how to read a person's mood, to read their body language, how to be patient until the moment is right to make or press a point. Too much exclusive use of electronic information dehumanises what is a very, very important part of community life and living together.
Vincent Nichols

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
no momento he played in the 3-4 in 2011.
2012 he led the conference in TFL. he didn't have the double digit sacks but he still had a great season in paul chrysts first year there.
he did miss a game that year against the FCS team, which if he played ...he would have gotten the 1.5 TFL he averaged (at least) and been top 10 in the nation so i wouldn't say it was a bad year.

bear in mind pitt is not all that good and didn't have much help around him the past 3 years.
AD was doubled and even tripled at times, good coaches like fsu and ND gameplanned strictly for him.

bad coaches did not.
see georgia tech
and virginia games vor example.
if you are a film guy, watch the ad/virginia game on youtuble

it is cut down to under 10 minutes and just shows his every play, whether he did something/nothing.
notice how many times he disrupts the qb into throwing it away, that was probably the biggest part of his game but you never see stats on that.

He was great in the VA game. He kept disrupting the pocket and the QB would be able to get away because no one else was penetrating. That WILL NOT be the case for the Rams were if the QB runs, he'll be running into Brockers, Long, or Quinn

Sum1

Hall of Fame
God damn thats exciting!

Gotta eat my crow, I was on record saying no way they take DT in the first round this year...I'm stunned, and quite happy about it!

wrstdude

Rookie
@Dave_Matter: In 13 games, Aaron Donald had 8 more tackles for loss (28.5) than Ndamukong Suh had in 14 games when he was a Heisman finalist (in 2009)

S.T.U.D.

jjab360

Legend
Disregarding height, everything about this kid is off the charts. Everything.

Speed, power, quickness, strength, his hand usage, his rip move, his spin move, his work ethic, his insane production, everything. Not sure there's another prospect you can say that about in this draft. Homerun pick here, guys, couple more good picks on days 2 and 3 could make this a grand slam.

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
Get ready for Donald and ESPN's Michael Smith to be linked together on a lookalike thread on opposing team's forums.:D

BnIYy9hCEAAasSs.jpg