A new HC will want draft capital

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
"We" aren't talking about shipping Donald or Gurley off. The OP did. Despite his sophomore slump, I wouldn't trade Gurley.

And Donald? Give me your entire draft for the next 10 years and I might think about considering the possibility of contemplating whether to decide if that's a decision I should ponder ....

NAAAAAAH.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
You guys really don't think Fisher will be fired this year do you? Kronke loves Fish ain't going to happen. Bad thing is we will lose Williams when he does go that's going to hurt our D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
why not? If we are talking about shipping donald or gurley off why the hell not get something for Britt who is a free agent anyways?
Hell Yes! Trade everyone on the Team and let a New HC start from scratch!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You guys really don't think Fisher will be fired this year do you? Kronke loves Fish ain't going to happen. Bad thing is we will lose Williams when he does go that's going to hurt our D

Had he continued starting Keenum while our season went down the toilet, he probably would have been ... or at least would have deserved it.

Now that he's finally come to his senses, all bets are off.

On the Williams thing, there is no guarantee we lose him even if Fisher goes. There have been other instances of coordinators being retained even though the head coach changed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was listening the Turf Show Radio podcast, and an interesting topic came up. Any new Head Coach trying to "fix" a team is going to want to do it through the draft. As we all know, we are a little thin on premium draft picks this coming year. There aren't many players on this team that would warrant a high pick. So...what is the minimum you'd consider trading for, say, Aaron Donald? or Todd Gurley? Is there a blue-chip player you would trade for picks, and what would the compensation be?

You don't trade players like Donald and Gurley. No head coach would want to do that. Donald is being talked about as a future HOFer despite only being in his third year. Gurley was the OROY last year. Those are players you build around.

Coaches will be very interested in the Rams job. Why? #1 overall QB + top 10 defense + top HB. That's a coach's dream.

But I'm not worried about a new coach until the season is officially over.

…..

Legend
Tough crowd and pretty sad when people are already looking towards next year.

But cant you thank the Rams for that? Basic human nature to want to be better, look forward to better times. It would be nice to go on a 7 game win streak, new rookie qb shocks the world, etc. But so far the Rams are 2.3 yds and a cloud of dust followed by rabid cheering for a punter. Not very exciting at all.

Having said that...yeah, a bit early for that talk imo

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But cant you thank the Rams for that? Basic human nature to want to be better, look forward to better times. It would be nice to go on a 7 game win streak, new rookie qb shocks the world, etc. But so far the Rams are 2.3 yds and a cloud of dust followed by rabid cheering for a punter. Not very exciting at all.

Having said that...yeah, a bit early for that talk imo

Yeah I hear ya, but as many said, it can't get any worse and the Defense is quite enjoyable to watch and so is our special teams. Also having a new QB start this weekend just brings more excitement to the building.