A bird's-eye view of the Rams future stadium

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
With how disappointing the year was it's easy to forget that that Kroenke is building a world class stadium and development. Will be cool to watch this place come to life in HD.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Who needs a world class stadium? All we need is a football field. This field is in Havre, MT and fans can park their cars on the far side in a tiered lot. Pretty cool during a night game.
53d9a98103355.image.jpg

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Total SMH. Thought we were going to see a bird's eye video of a 3D model or something from the architects. Wah-waaah.
Actually, it illustrates pretty well the FAA's concerns about the stadium -- that fly-by is from a commercial jet. From this, it's pretty easy to imagine the logistical and security concerns they have.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I'm still alive and kicking in 2019 I promised my kids and grandson I would take them to Disneyland for a week and take in a Rams game .

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
There going to need the Chargers there to bring the fans into the stadium, lol.

Ram65

Legend
Doesn't it seem like you'd get Greenhoused to death sitting in that stadium in August?

It does. The field will be 100 feet underground. I guess that would keep the field level naturally cooler. It's open air so I guess that allows some heat to escape. It will be interesting to see if it all comes together. Here is a quote from an article.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...-minnesota-vikings/16sa8qutfabvk19i4xpochr2nr

The stadium sits in the flight path of Los Angeles International Airport, and to conform with FAA height restrictions, construction will push the playing field 100 feet below ground, about 50 feet deeper than the Cowboys’ venue. As part of the six to eight entrances to the building, HKS is designing “canyons,” which are heavily landscaped spaces tied to the escalators, stairs and ramps that will take fans down into the seating bowl, said HKS Principal & Dir of Business Development Mark Williams.

“These are beautifully crafted spaces that people will fall in love with as they begin to see the seating bowl and the field,” Williams said. “It will be an incredible journey through a great Southern California landscaped environment, and all of sudden, you’re 80 to 100 feet below ground.”

The stadium’s roof, made of ETFE, a clear plastic material, is similar to the roof at U.S. Bank Stadium, the Vikings’ facility opening in July. In Inglewood, the roof will include a shade component to protect patrons against the sun’s rays while still bringing in some of the cool winds that are part of the regional climate. "It’s a win-win in the greatest climate in the world,” Williams said.

FRO

Legend
Doesn't it seem like you'd get Greenhoused to death sitting in that stadium in August?
Didn't think of that, but heck yeah that seems like a hot box. Looks sweet though.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I drove by the site yesterday. Really not much to see but I did get a chubby. ;)

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Why's there a pic of the Riverfront proposal in there? And one of the other pics isn't the Inglewood project. As far as the "Greenhouse" effect, I think with the massive open sides, which will be at the top of the bowl, hopefully heat will dissipate out of the upper sections. Especially if there is a breeze. I would also assume that with the ETFE it will be enough sunlight for natural grass.

fearsomefour

Legend
It does. The field will be 100 feet underground. I guess that would keep the field level naturally cooler. It's open air so I guess that allows some heat to escape. It will be interesting to see if it all comes together. Here is a quote from an article.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...-minnesota-vikings/16sa8qutfabvk19i4xpochr2nr

The stadium sits in the flight path of Los Angeles International Airport, and to conform with FAA height restrictions, construction will push the playing field 100 feet below ground, about 50 feet deeper than the Cowboys’ venue. As part of the six to eight entrances to the building, HKS is designing “canyons,” which are heavily landscaped spaces tied to the escalators, stairs and ramps that will take fans down into the seating bowl, said HKS Principal & Dir of Business Development Mark Williams.

“These are beautifully crafted spaces that people will fall in love with as they begin to see the seating bowl and the field,” Williams said. “It will be an incredible journey through a great Southern California landscaped environment, and all of sudden, you’re 80 to 100 feet below ground.”

The stadium’s roof, made of ETFE, a clear plastic material, is similar to the roof at U.S. Bank Stadium, the Vikings’ facility opening in July. In Inglewood, the roof will include a shade component to protect patrons against the sun’s rays while still bringing in some of the cool winds that are part of the regional climate. "It’s a win-win in the greatest climate in the world,” Williams said.
The stadium in Oakland is sunken and players are always slipping and sliding.
Of course, it is close to the ocean also. Sunken fields tends to carry a lot of moisture on the grass however.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
We have a storage space 25 feet below ground and it is 70ish all year at the depth of that stadium and its proximity to the coast it should be fine.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Sunken into the ground in an earthquake prone area what could go wrong lol

Ram65

Legend
The stadium in Oakland is sunken and players are always slipping and sliding.
Of course, it is close to the ocean also. Sunken fields tends to carry a lot of moisture on the grass however.

It is the desert of SoCal and about 9 -10 miles from the ocean. It will be artificial turf as well. I don't know about any possible condensation issues that could arise. Something to watch.

fearsomefour

Legend
It is the desert of SoCal and about 9 -10 miles from the ocean. It will be artificial turf as well. I don't know about any possible condensation issues that could arise. Something to watch.
With the cost involved I am sure everything will be considered.