PREGAME 49’ers at Rams - Time To Smoke The Whiners

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Von has done a great job setting the edge since he's arrived. He be a key contributor when it comes to stopping those outside runs.
I'm hoping the defense has a plan to stop deebo samuel in his tracks when he runs the ball. And unless he's the man in motion, I would like to see him get jammed at the LOS on third downs.

oldnotdead

Legend
Jimmy G had excruciating pain with each throw in practice. He was still in pain the next day. I don't see how he plays Sunday. IMO they will start Trey.

All of the starting CBs were out on Thursday's Covid list. They might get some of them back by Sunday, but they might still be short-handed. Matt must not turn the ball over. Stafford is the only huge question mark on this team right now. If he throws another pick 6 the game could be over.

Morris needs to do something he hasn't done all year. He needs to disguise his coverages to confuse Lance. The pass rush must keep contain and they will get to him. There will be INT opportunities and the secondary must capitalize on those opportunities. If the Rams play a clean game they can win this easily. If they stumble and bumble it's going to be close. Morris simply can't keep going limp dick and allow the Niners to stay in the game by controlling the clock, something he hasn't done all season. McVay can't go away from the run he must stay with it. He's got a grinder chain mover in Michel and a HR hitter in Akers.

The bottom line is the Rams must play a clean game. McVay can't afford to get pass-happy. Morris must play it tight all game and not go limp dick as he usually does at some point in the game. IMO that is the recipe for beating the Niners. The players simply need to execute. Win and they probably play the Saints. The Saints are playing the Falcons and they should beat them. Having the Brees-less Saints at SoFi is as good of a matchup as you could ask for.

But a huge win comes first.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Injury report: Garoppolo throws for the third day in a row; Mitchell returns to practice​

For the third day in a row, 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo threw at practice. Every beat writer on-hand tweeted videos of Garoppolo throwing on air and down the field upwards to 40 yards.

The takeaway isn’t how much velocity Jimmy is putting on his throws. It’s that he’s throwing the ball, period. Drew Brees had a similar injury where he tore his UCL and missed five weeks. Today is Day 14 since Garoppolo suffered an injury against the Titans. But, according to some of the reporters on hand, you couldn’t tell Garoppolo was injured.

It’s telling that Garoppolo has progressed this much in a short time. But, of course, the throws happening are on air and without the threat of a defense. Only Jimmy and the coaches will know if he truly could perform during practice.

If it’s not about pain, and Jimmy’s thumb injury is more of a functional issue, then based on him throwing three days in a row, Garoppolo starts Sunday.

I have plenty of questions. At the top of the list is how is Jimmy throwing so soon based on the information we’ve been given? Someone isn’t telling the truth about the severity of Jimmy’s injury. The handling and discussion around it have been bizarre. But you can say that for just about everything else 49ers-related this season, so it’s par for the course.

Offensive coordinator Mike McDaniel wouldn’t say whether or not Garoppolo or Lance had been splitting reps during Thursday’s practice. McDaniel’s most notable quote was, “We trust that if he is able to go, he is able to hold up his end of the bargain.”

Garoppolo being limited in practice is a tell that Lance received a share of the first-team reps. We’ll never know what the actual split was.

Trent Williams was not on hand at practice with a sprained elbow. However, Shanahan said Wednesday that he’s confident Williams would play Sunday. Also, Williams wasn’t listed on Wednesday's injury report, which indicates he’s not hurt.

Azeez Al-Shaair was the only other player who the beat reporters didn’t see at practice.

After sitting out of practice Wednesday, Elijah Mitchell was working with the trainers on the side of the field. He’s one of the bigger injury pieces we’ll discuss this week. When he plays, the 49ers are better on offense.

Mo Hurst, Dre Greenlaw, Jaquiski Tartt, Trey Sermon, Mohamed Sanu, and Emmanuel Moseley all practiced Thursday. With four members of the secondary currently on the Reserve/COVID list, Moseley’s return to the lineup couldn’t have come at a better time.

Here’s a look at the full injury report.

Did not participate:

LB Azeez Al-Shaair (knee)

T Trent Williams (elbow)

Limited:

QB Jimmy Garoppolo (right thumb)

LB Dre Greenlaw (groin)

LB Marcell Harris (Achilles)

S Talanoa Hufanga (knee)

DL Maurice Hurst (calf)

RB Elijah Mitchell (knee)

S Jaquiski Tartt (shoulder)

Full:

DL Nick Bosa (not injury related - resting player)

C Alex Mack (not injury related - resting player)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Jimmy G sounds pretty sore. I like our chances to force mistakes with Trey Lance.

Lots of talk about the Rams offense, but I think the defense takes this one over.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jimmy G sounds pretty sore. I like our chances to force mistakes with Trey Lance.

Lots of talk about the Rams offense, but I think the defense takes this one over.

don't tell me what you think...

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
George Kittle called it a body bag game or something. And it's true.. the 9ers absolutely crush is and bend us over every time. Seems like we look like a bunch of high schoolers and they just push us around and do whatever they want. It pisses me off.

And it pisses me the fuck off that my Hawkeye, George Kittle is a 9er.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
George Kittle called it a body bag game or something. And it's true.. the 9ers absolutely crush is and bend us over every time. Seems like we look like a bunch of high schoolers and they just push us around and do whatever they want. It pisses me off.

So it’s your fault then, dammit!. Hawkeye betrayal!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

AJack didn’t cost The Rams much.I think Cooper Kupp is having a better season.

Then again isn’t & wasn’t Ebukham a 9er who was drafted ahead of Kittle?
I know Gerald Everett was drafted behind him & Josh Reynolds (JJ43 a free pick).

When Mcvay was with Washington Trent Williams ran over the Rams.Then again Sam Bradford was road kill before that.

I know another Rant , but F’ the 9ers. There has been no rhyme or reason. Shanahan brings everybody in for this game. Mcvay hasn’t taken more than just a regular game.

This game means more than any other regular season game in Mcvay’s HC career ? To some extent. A loss ?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
After watching that clip of Deebo I would love to see AD pulverize him in the backfield a few times.

Definitely time to man up and punch them in the face right from the get.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
After watching that clip of Deebo I would love to see AD pulverize him in the backfield a few times.

Definitely time to man up and punch them in the face right from the get.

Need to show toughness!!

dang

Legend

I know Gerald Everett was drafted behind him & Josh Reynolds (JJ43 a free pick).

When Mcvay was with Washington Trent Williams ran over the Rams.Then again Sam Bradford was road kill before that.

I know another Rant , but F’ the 9ers. There has been no rhyme or reason. Shanahan brings everybody in for this game. Mcvay hasn’t taken more than just a regular game.

This game means more than any other regular season game in Mcvay’s HC career ? To some extent. A loss ?
HUH?

HUH? What the…HUH?

HUH? HUH? HUH? (Queue the twilight zone music).

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
FIdguGvUUAEjhMk

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That GMFB set sucked. They all talk about how the 9ers can win and focus on the Rams weaknesses then an out of nowhere reminiscence period for Carter.

This next week will be so sweet if we get the dub. Get er done Rams.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That GMFB set sucked. They all talk about how the 9ers can win and focus on the Rams weaknesses then an out of nowhere reminiscence period for Carter.

This next week will be so sweet if we get the dub. Get er done Rams.
I know their fans are confident. To the point of cockiness. I hope their team is too.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
HUH?

HUH? What the…HUH?

HUH? HUH? HUH? (Queue the twilight zone music).

A Jackson was from Where ? Yep - Iowa. Kittles went where to Iowa & then the 9er’s at pick 146 .

Sampson Ebukham is a 9er who was drafted by the Rams of course from Kupp E.Washington at pick #125
Josh Reynolds - 117

91 & 45 Everett & Johnson
for like ? #37.
I liked D. Cook then Kupp,then Kittle.
However it went down is past history.
To hate Kittles as a 9er because he went to Iowa & an All Pro TE.

A Jack went AAs a UDRFA from Iowa ,so he didn’t cost anything draft wise.
The Rams will get comp picks from a couple players above that left as FA’s.
Les Snead is amazing at finding talent.
JJ wore & wears a #43 jersey .

Dodo dodo !! Wow - man

-Kittles can kiss some So Cal Ram Grits!! Would be nice if T. Lewis did a Gronk on him. I know he is on the injured list. Out of site out of mind.Lewis still has talent & a nice career ahead of him. Hollins was a nice find last year as another example of Les Snead finding talent.

I remember a game...way back. Tim Mcdonald stated: SOSAR's the day before this game. I'm sure many of you remember this game also. Warner went 20/23 with 5 td's. Tony Horne took one 97 yards to the house! Robert Holcome #25 pounded the rock. (Sony M is our new #25 pounding the rock). Iassic Bruce caught 3 TD's in the first quarter! 4TD's total. Iassic Bruce had never beaten the 49'ers. He was overcome with emotion during this game. He must have felt such a relief! 17 strait losses to the niners. I will never forget October 10th, 1999: RAMS 42, whiners 20! I am soooo looking forward to this game!!! Go Rams!!!