4 GSOT HOF eligible

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
I think he'll make it eventually too. Not many coaches have taken more than 1 team to the big dance.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/16/preliminary-hall-of-fame-ballot-announced/

Preliminary 2015 Hall of Fame ballot announced
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 16, 2014

1589630_display_image.jpg
Getty Images

A high-profile rookie class including Chargers linebacker Junior Seau and Rams teammates Kurt Warner, Orlando Pace, Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt are among the preliminary nominees for the 2015 class of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The Hall announced the list of 99 players and 14 coaches who will be considered for induction among the modern-era candidates, from which no more than five will be picked.

They will be joined on the ballot by seniors nominee Mick Tingelhoff, and two contributors, for a maximum class of eight.

The list is headlined by the five who were in the final 10 of last year’s voting but not elected: Linebacker Kevin Greene, defensive end Charles Haley, running back Jerome Bettis, guard Will Shields and wide receiver Marvin Harrison.

The group will be reduced to 25 semifinalists in November, and then to 15, which will be voted on the day before the Super Bowl.

Here’s a position-by-position look at the full ballot:

Quarterbacks: (4) – Randall Cunningham, Rich Gannon, Phil Simms, Kurt Warner.

Wide Receivers: (9) – Tim Brown (also KR), Isaac Bruce, Gary Clark, Henry Ellard (also PR), *Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith.

Tight End: (1) – Mark Bavaro.

Running Backs: (14) – Shaun Alexander, Ottis Anderson, Tiki Barber, Jerome Bettis, Roger Craig, Stephen Davis, Terrell Davis, Eddie George, Priest Holmes, Edgerrin James, Daryl Johnston, Jamal Lewis, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters.

Offensive Linemen: (23) – Willie Anderson (T), Tony Boselli (T), Jeff Bostic (C), Lomas Brown (T), Jim Covert (T), Bill Fralic (G/T), Jay Hilgenberg (C), Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull (C), Joe Jacoby (T), Jon Jansen (T), Mike Kenn (T), Jim Lachey (T), Kevin Mawae (C/G), Mark May (G/T/C),Tom Nalen (C), Nate Newton (G), Orlando Pace (T), Chris Samuels (T), Mark Schlereth (G), Will Shields (G), Tra Thomas (T), Steve Wisniewski (G).

Defensive Linemen: (12) – Al “Bubba” Baker (DE), Jerome Brown (DT), Carl Hairston (DE/DT), Charles Haley (also LB), Jevon Kearse (DE), Dexter Manley (DE), Charles Mann (DE), Steve McMichael (DT/NT), Fred Smerlas (NT), Greg Townsend (DE), Ted Washington (DT/NT), Bryant Young (DE).

Linebackers: (13) – Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, Kevin Greene (also DE), Ken Harvey, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Matt Millen, Sam Mills, Junior Seau, Chris Spielman, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas.

Defensive Backs: (16) – Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Joey Browner (S), LeRoy Butler (S), Thomas Everett (S), Rodney Harrison (S), Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), John Lynch (S), Terry McDaniel (CB), Tim McDonald (S), Frank Minnifield (CB), Shawn Springs (CB), Troy Vincent (CB/S), Everson Walls (CB), Darren Woodson (S).

Kickers/Punters: (5) – Morten Andersen (K), Gary Anderson (K), Jason Elam (K), Sean Landeta (P), Nick Lowery (K).

Special Teams/Position Players: (2) – Brian Mitchell (RB/PR/KR), Steve Tasker (also WR).

Coaches: (14) –Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Tom Flores, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Lou Saban, Marty Schottenheimer, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think Kurt Warner and Orlando Pace are the best of their position groups. I think Bruce and Holt are too, but not as far as the Pace and Warner.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think Marshall said it best when talking about Bruce and Holt. He mentioned how they were on the same team, both In their prime. Which makes the numbers the both of them produced even more impressive. I think they both get in this year.

howski3318

Rookie
Would have to say it may be difficult for Bruce and Holt to get in ff they don't get in this year for a while with the characters (seems to always help) of T.O. and Randy Moss coming in the next couple of years.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Pace, and Warner are locks, IMO. Bruce and Holt are worthy.
I just have two questions, What is the record for players on one team going in in the same year? And I wonder what the odds are All 4 go in this year!?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Whew...it'll be close...Probably need about 10 years for Dick V. I hope he gets in sooner rather than later.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I think Warner and Pace go in for sure and i could see them also voting in Bruce all in the same year.

I think Holt aka "Big Game" might have to wait a year or two.

If two or possibly three Rams go in this year i see the Rams playing in the "Hall of Fame" Game.

RamBill

Legend
Pro Football Hall nominees unveiled
Associated Press

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-pro-football-hall-fame?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Super Bowl-winning quarterback Kurt Warner and linebacker Junior Seau are among 15 first-year eligible modern-era candidates nominated for the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Tuesday.

Also nominated for the class of 2015 in their first year of eligibility are receivers Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt, tackle Orlando Pace and place-kicker Jason Elam.

A total of 99 players and 14 coaches comprise the 113 nominees. A modern-era player or coach must be retired at least five consecutive seasons to be eligible.

The selection committee will choose 25 candidates as semifinalists in late November. That list will be reduced to 15 modern-era finalists in early January. The 2015 class will be voted on the day before the Super Bowl.

One senior committee nominee, former Vikings center Mick Tingelhoff, also will be on the ballot.

Between four and eight new members will be selected. Inductions will be in August at Canton, Ohio, site of the Hall of Fame.

Some other familiar names who have been nominated are running back Jerome Bettis, receivers Tim Brown and Marvin Harrison, guard Will Shields, defensive ends/linebackers Charles Haley and Kevin Greene, safety John Lynch, and place-kicker Morten Andersen. All were finalists in 2014.

Coaches Tony Dungy, a finalist this past January, Bill Cowher, Don Coryell and Mike Holmgren also are among the 2015 nominees.

Alan

Legend
It's interesting that he thinks Warner has better chance than Pace. I would have said the opposite.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Pace is in, crime if not.

Warner, yes

Bruce should be

Torry is probably the odd man out but he should be, too. Send them all in one fell swoop. It won't happen, though.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think both Warner and Pace will make it, BUT I also Believe IT WOULD BE A CRIME If Bruce doesn't make it on his 1st Ballet!! He had Years, I say Multiple years were he was every bit as good as Jerry Rice, and say what you well he's the Gold Standard!