31 Ways You Know You Are a St. Louis Rams Fan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
31 Ways You Know You Are a St. Louis Rams Fan

Article from Bleacherreport.com Feel free to delete if this is a repost. This is just a summery of the article BY Steven Gerwel
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1677676-31-ways-you-know-you-are-a-st-louis-rams-fan

life_g_stlfan_576.jpg

1.) If You Insist Super Bowl XXXVI Is a Belichick Conspiracy
-We're all well aware of the Spygate scandal and how Bill Belichick and the Patriots were caught videotaping defensive hand signals from opponents, but this fiasco has been particularly troubling for Rams fans.

2.)If You Admire Cortland Finnegan's 'Tenacity'
-There are certain players that are impossible to root for unless they happen to play for your favorite team.
Cortland Finnegan, without a doubt, is one of those players.

3.)If You Consider the '99 NFC Championship the Greatest Defensive Battle Ever
-NFC Championship vs. Tampa Bay. During the final quarter Rams leading 5-3, but Tampa Bay took a one-point lead after nailing a field goal, making the score 6-5.
Just when it appeared the Rams had run out of opportunities, Kurt Warner aired out a Hail Mary to the corner of the end zone and connected with Ricky Proehl, who made a one-handed catch to secure the one and only touchdown of the game.

4.)If You're Offended When Bradford Is Excluded from Conversations on Top Young QBs
-You're likely aware that ESPN, NFL.com and other major media outlets are in a full-blown love affair with a handful of young quarterbacks.
Between Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck and RGIII, it's impossible to tell which passer the ESPN analysts daydream about the most. And while the love has gone slightly stale with Cam Newton, he's certainly in the mix as well.

5.)If You Have a New Respect for the '80s 'Stache

hi-res-137251941_display_image.jpg

Did Ron Burgundy and Ron Jeremy take over St. Louis Rams leadership?

Wait, no, that's Stan Kroene and Jeff Fisher. But they make up an equally awesome mustache duo.

6.)If You Remember the Worst Game of Brett Favre's Career
-lolol love this video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnUpzJ5owIc[/youtube]

7.)If You Consider the Read-Option Trend a Ridiculous Fad That Will Eventually Die
-Some feel read-option quarterbacks are the future, while others feel it's a gimmick that will fade much like the Wildcat formation in Miami. But if you ask a Rams fan, they'll undoubtedly agree with the latter.

8.)If You Have Bookmarked Chris Long's Twitter Page
-Simply put, Chris Long is awesome
<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/JOEL9ONE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/JOEL9ONE</a>

9.)If You Can't Hold Back Emotions When Watching '99 Highlights

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI3zCy98jZs[/youtube]

10.)If You Betrayed Kurt Warner and Begged for Forgiveness Later on
-Most St. Louis fans went through the mental process of gushing over Warner, criticizing Warner and entering a state of self-loathing over his absence.
Some Rams fans will hesitate to admit it, but in the back of their minds they speculate if the recent years of futility are a form of punishment for the way the Warner situation was handled.

11.)If You Laughed When the 2013 Lions Were Declared the Greatest Show on Turf 2.0
-Reggie Bush the next Marshall Faulk? Matthew Stafford the next Kurt Warner? Sounds pretty hilarious...unless you're Bill Polian.

12.)If You Resent the Sudden Fame of Amendola After His Departure to New England
-aghhhhhhh lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTybEJryKjQ[/youtube]

13.)If You Feel the Rams Got the Better Deal in the Infamous RGIII Trade
-Rams auctioned off the No.2 pick to Washington in exchange for their 2012 first- and second-round picks, as well as their first-round picks in 2013 and 2014.

14.)If You Were the 1st in Your Fantasy League to Discover 'Greg the Leg'
-For nearly half the 2012 season, Zuerlein was the best kicker in the game. But Rams fans had insider knowledge on Zuerlein based on training camp reports and preseason action. TRUTH lol

15.)If You Hate ESPN
-Chris Trotman/Getty Images
Tim Tebow. Rex Ryan. The Patriots. The Packers. LeBron. And...Brett Favre!

If you love these subjects, then it's in your best interest to turn on ESPN.

16.)If You Think Seattle's 12th Man Is Really Their Speed Dealer in the Parking Lot
-Seattle fans were under the impression that the 12th man represented the heart and soul of the fanbase standing behind the team.

The team has taken heat over the last several years. Multiple players have been handed suspensions after testing positive for banned substances, including Adderall.

This confirms what Rams fans have always suspected—that the 12th man is actually a hoodie-wearing speed dealer named "Stinky Pete" who loiters in the CenturyLink Field parking lot.

17.)If You Laugh at Falcons Fans Who Don't Consider Steven Jackson an Upgrade
-Falcon fans didn't feel Jackson was an upgrade over incumbent Michael Turner and viewed it as a lateral move, which is hilarious.

18.)If You Worship the Golden God-Like Hair of GM Les Snead

hi-res-7300468_display_image.jpg

19.)If You're Longing to Befriend Janoris Jenkins
-If you're a 20-something male, like myself, then you're likely yearning for the opportunity to spark a friendship with Jenkins. Most likely, you frequently daydream about how much better your life would be if you could somehow earn a spot in his entourage.

Stay cool, Janoris. We know you will.

20.)If You Died a Little Inside After Seeing This Video...
-nuff said

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-d-Hf5Zzn4[/youtube]

21.)If You Voiced Disgust When Punter Donnie Jones Was Excluded from Pro Bowl
-:(

22.)If Your Version of the Immaculate Reception Occured in Super Bowl XXXIV
-The only immaculate reception we know or care about is Reverend Ike's epic Super Bowl-winning grab.

23.)If You Have Taken Great Pleasure in the 49ers Coming so Close Yet so Far

-lololol :D
hi-res-160622833_display_image.jpg

24.)You Blew a Gasket When You Discovered the 2-Win Chiefs Had 6 Pro Bowlers
-If you didn't already know the Pro Bowl was a joke, you certainly found out following the 2012 season.

25.)If You Fainted with Kevin Demoff When Rams Went over .500
-When the Rams defeated the Arizona Cardinals last October, obtaining a 3-2 record in the process, it was the first time the team has owned a winning record since November of 2006.

The shock was so overwhelming that Rams vice president Kevin Demoff passed out in his office the following day

26.)If You Insist Janoris' Hit on TE Fred Davis Was Clean
-Mr.Clean clean!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMH2rg2Mb6g[/youtube]

27.)If Your Blood Boils When People Claim Josh Morgan Lost the Game for Washington
-Some claim the Rams only beat Washington last September thanks to an unsportsmanlike penalty called on Redskins receiver Josh Morgan, which took them out of field-goal range in a critical fourth-quarter situation.

It's as if they watched 10 seconds' worth of highlights and ignored the first 55 minutes of the game completely.

That single penalty hardly outweighs the numerous questionable calls against St. Louis, such as the negated Steven Jackson touchdown, the unnecessary roughness penalty on Janoris Jenkins, and the questionable unnecessary roughness penalty called against the Rams defense after a very mild "collision" with RGIII (the NFL has to protect its new sweetheart).

The Rams outplayed the Redskins in every aspect, and honestly, the penalties are the only reason the game was even close.

It's been nine months since that game, and yes, I'm still mad about it.

28.)If You're Getting Fed Up with the Annual Finale in Seattle
-For a third time in four years, the NFL has decided to schedule St. Louis' regular-season finale in Seattle—one of the most hostile environments in the league.

29.)If You're a Draft Expert by December
-The typical Rams fan is usually a certified expert on the upcoming draft before the season has ended.

Even last season, when St. Louis was still in the hunt late in the season, Rams fans still partook in premature draft research out of habit.

30.)If You Can Recall the Most Clutch Defensive Play in Super Bowl History

-One of the most inspirational and defining moments in Rams history, and it will remain with St. Louis fans forever.

hi-res-2012587_display_image.jpg

31.)If...You Still Watch the Rams
-After nearly 10 years of tolerating terrible football, if you still spend three hours every Sunday watching this team, you must be one hell of a Rams fan.

The Rams are on the rise, but it's still early enough that the bandwagon fans haven't jumped on board yet. So, if you currently claim to be a Rams fan, chances are you're a true fan.

AGAIN most of this isn't my own words just summed up for easier viewing! :D

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's a repost, but you did a remarkable job formatting it so I don't have the heart... :whome?:
And, yes; I did die a little inside with the making of the Rams Rules.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
32). If you drafted Kurt Warner in the late rounds of your FF team in '99 after Green went down in preseason.

:sly:

*the commish at the draft party i attended spelled my pick Curt Werner on the draft board. I caught alot of crap that day. "Who?...who the @%#! is Curt Werner?"
No,i didn't win the league(rest of my team was shite) but i did recieve about a million trade offers by week 3 :cool:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
The great thing about being senile is that you can read something the second time and not even know it. :lol:

I enjoyed it this time too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol I used to live in the midwest and my friends (Vikings, Bears, Chiefs, Greenbay fans) tell me I'm a true fan for being a Ram fan :) and reading this list solidifys that fact even more and #31 hits home the most :p

moklerman

Warner-phile

Guilty.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
moklerman said:

Guilty.

Same here -- I've watched this scene dozens of times, and it ALWAYS gives me goosebumps:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t-6iZk8dJk[/youtube]

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
HeiseNBerg said:
moklerman said:

Guilty.

Same here -- I've watched this scene dozens of times, and it ALWAYS gives me goosebumps:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t-6iZk8dJk[/youtube]
Me three!!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I've got a Proehl autograph on a photo of that catch... amazing catch in the clutch. Amazing throw, too.

moklerman

Warner-phile
CGI_Ram said:
I've got a Proehl autograph on a photo of that catch... amazing catch in the clutch. Amazing throw, too.
I still can't believe he didn't bobble it. I was sure it was going to get called back when I saw it the first time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
moklerman said:
CGI_Ram said:
I still can't believe he didn't bobble it. I was sure it was going to get called back when I saw it the first time.

Ditto.

But it was clean... and he held onto the nose of the ball! Freaking amazing!

Meant to be!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here it is. Signed at camp the following year. Sick photo of that moment...

ehevahag.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

nighttrain

Legend
albefree69 said:
The great thing about being senile is that you can read something the second time and not even know it. :lol:

I enjoyed it this time too.
:plus1: :cheese:
train