2nd Round Picks: Quick, Jenkins, Peade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what do you guys think? The PD Board is exploding, as mancrushes die. I don't know these guys,
except that Jenkins was kicked out of a 1A school (for drugs?), but with huge talent. Rate the 2nd Round

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
LoyalRam said:
So what do you guys think? The PD Board is exploding, as mancrushes die. I don't know these guys,
except that Jenkins was kicked out of a 1A school (for drugs?), but with huge talent. Rate the 2nd Round
I'm not the guy who knows the evals, but I've heard that Quick hadn't had a position coach until he got to the Senior Bowl. With that in mind, some say his production is surprising, but also that he could be raw.

Peade was rated here (on ROD) as a third rounder. Jenkins sounds like one of Fisher's talent over character issues picks.

That's all I got. Everyone else is in Chat--see tabs at very top.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
@gregcosell

Love Rams pick of Pead. Runner-receiver. Can also align at WR. Some similarities to McCoy coming out of Pitt (remember he was 2nd rd pick).

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Michael Silver is in the war room and has some good stories up on his Twitter right now. Id post his Twitter link but I'm on my phone. Google that sheet.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
Michael Silver is in the war room and has some good stories up on his Twitter right now. Id post his Twitter link but I'm on my phone. Google that sheet.
ArhnUMICEAAYo1K.jpg

Michael Silver ‏ @MikeSilver
Just met Michael Brockers a minute ago... he and Fisher doing some bonding now in the coach's office

Expect the rams to make a very quick pick

Happy war room in st louis

Next pick is VERY talented. Happy rams war room

Rams now with 50th pick and a 5th rounder from chi

Rams will drop down, bears will come up to 45

Some help on the way for @sj39 I expect

Isaiah pead from cinci

Rams about to make the secondary even stronger
Think big sky

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
@ProFootballTalk

Janoris Jenkins dismisses Pacman comparisons: "I never shot up a strip club"

http://wp.me/p14QSB-2FQs

Retweeted by Jim Thomas
Well that's a start. Now *never* do anything else he did either. If he can keep his nose clean, it'll pay off dividends for a long time. I'm in the process of watching full games of him now, and he's certainly no liability in coverage or making tackles.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
interference said:
@ProFootballTalk

Retweeted by Jim Thomas
Well that's a start. Now *never* do anything else he did either. If he can keep his nose clean, it'll pay off dividends for a long time. I'm in the process of watching full games of him now, and he's certainly no liability in coverage or making tackles.
Yes, Jenkins has some off field issues but he is a top 10 talent. I hope he hit rock bottom when he left Florida.

The "I never shot up a strip club" line is hilarious.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
With the CB's they added tonight this secondary is scary good. That and the rebuilt D Line should be able to control games and help win the field position battle.

Got to like what their doing, seems to be a plan and sticking to it. There will be vet Guards and OLB's available after the draft into training camp. A back up DE is also a need.

bluecoconuts

Legend
brokeu91 said:
X said:
interference said:
@ProFootballTalk

Retweeted by Jim Thomas
Yes, Jenkins has some off field issues but he is a top 10 talent. I hope he hit rock bottom when he left Florida.

Agreed, I laughed at the line.

I think that Jenkins can be good, like I said in the chat, if Fisher can keep Fattsworth in check for the most part, he can get Jenkins.. Plus surrounding him with good character guys like Long, JL, Quinn, Finnegan, etc.. He'll have a good group of guys around him to keep him in check. Even though Spags isn't here, his 4 pillars philosophy will have an effect, and it allows Fisher to make a "riskier" pick knowing that the guys in the locker room around him can help out.

The defense should be very improved after these picks. And if Quick can develop into the talent we hope he can be, we're in a good position.

steferfootball

Starter
brokeu91 said:
X said:
interference said:
@ProFootballTalk

Retweeted by Jim Thomas

lol. This guy is gonna make watching press conferences fun.

steferfootball

Starter
It’s weird because I had those kids while I was playing college football and it didn’t affect me not once,” Jenkins said. “I’m proud to have my four kids. If they want to throw that in my face, so be it. Everybody has kids. Where in the book do it say you can’t have kids? It doesn’t say that in the law. I’m a great father. I’m there whenever they need me.

As a preface, I'm not a father, but the bolded seem to contradict each other. I think he may need to learn to bite his tongue a little bit. But some of the stuff he says is hilarious, and if he busts, he will provide comedic relief that we have not seen since Mardy Gilyard.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Good thrad brahs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy67p2raIqY[/youtube]

steferfootball

Starter
Username said:
Good thrad brahs

Thanks for posting.

Based on that:

Good change of direction, balance, patience, vision, and doesn't stray from contact.

Bad pass blocker. Doesn't seem to be physical enough or something. I know he is small, but there are good small blockers.

edit: Reminds me of Kendal Hunter (a guy I really liked last year). Really knows and works the seams of defenses well.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:
Username said:
Good thrad brahs

Thanks for posting.

Based on that:

Good change of direction, balance, patience, vision, and doesn't stray from contact.

Bad pass blocker. Doesn't seem to be physical enough or something. I know he is small, but there are good small blockers.

So how do you cover up that issue for RBs as they develop their pass-blocking? We can still get very creative with him on offense. Schotty is gonna love that, didnt have that type of RB playmaker in NY.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
^lol guess I should have read the "post have been made since"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHc2hr6nPo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5tH53cLW4U[/youtube]

steferfootball

Starter
JdashSTL said:
So how do you cover up that issue for RBs as they develop their pass-blocking?
I donno. Those smaller backs that catch outta the backfield can be effective third down backs...but they have to be able to block to do so. Blocking isn't Steven Jackson's strength either, so the importance is even greater.

I think adding a little to his frame could help him. Probably could help him for the length of an NFL season anyways.