OFFICIAL 2023 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Guys like Peters think they know better than their DC tbh. They freelance around, and choose terrible moments to do their own thing. Ramsey I suspect did the same shit in addition to guys blowing by him with certain matchups. One advantage to going young with corners is that we'll have guys playing the call with some discipline and at least our top two corners are guys who have the wheels and coverage ability to stick on most wideouts. Those two also both play the ball, they are aware not faceguarders who will draw penalties and give up circus catches.

We're probably gonna need a third corner next year in the draft. But who knows maybe Kendrick can be an outlier for us. And if so, and from there if they can stay healthy, we might be real surprised by this secondary.

So really the issue is all the "if's" we're dealing with on the defensive side. Usually with that many things aren't gonna all go your way. But it does happen time to time for teams so it is possible.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Guys like Peters think they know better than their DC tbh. They freelance around, and choose terrible moments to do their own thing. Ramsey I suspect did the same shit in addition to guys blowing by him with certain matchups. One advantage to going young with corners is that we'll have guys playing the call with some discipline and at least our top two corners are guys who have the wheels and coverage ability to stick on most wideouts. Those two also both play the ball, they are aware not faceguarders who will draw penalties and give up circus catches.

We're probably gonna need a third corner next year in the draft. But who knows maybe Kendrick can be an outlier for us. And if so, and from there if they can stay healthy, we might be real surprised by this secondary.

So really the issue is all the "if's" we're dealing with on the defensive side. Usually with that many things aren't gonna all go your way. But it does happen time to time for teams so it is possible.
This re-whatever they want to call is likely going to take more than another draft to accomplish.

They will need a:
Corner
Safety possibly
Runningback
Edge rusher probably
DT
OT maybe
TE maybe.

Right now I’m leaning to the maybes and possibly to be a need to make a championship roster.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting choice by him but I guess he's sure to be the #1 there at least, even if it is with questionable QB play.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You call it interesting, I call it a dumb ass move career wise for winning but smart for money contract wise. He was talking all this shit about playing with an elite QB and settled on Tannehill :wow2::laugh2:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Feels short sighted. Tennessee offers the most money in 2023, but would a one year deal in a better spot earn him more money 2024 and beyond?

Here’s one guy’s opinion on why TENN made sense to Hopkins:

View: https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1680644533976006656?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

Other cities would offer him a better chance to shine on a one year deal. But he's aging and we've seen in real time his market and the value teams place on him diminish. This could be one of his last big paydays so it isn't the first time we've seen a guy chase a last big payday. After these two years are up maybe he signs for less with a better chance to win.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You call it interesting, I call it a dumb ass move career wise for winning but smart for money contract wise. He was talking all this shit about playing with an elite QB and settled on Tannehill :wow2::laugh2:
At least when Hopkins looks back towards the line of scrimmage he’ll be able to see Tannehill behind the O-line lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Pretty classy response.

Kirk Cousins responds to Justin Jefferson not putting him on his Top 5 NFL QB list:

When asked about it: "I didn't even see it," Cousins said. "This is the first time hearing about it."

"As a competitor, you'd always want that," Cousins said of being on a top-five list. "People have to be honest and share what they think and I'm not going to tell somebody what they need to think. Hopefully in 2024, I'll be on his list. We'll see what we can do this year."

Jefferson's list was:
1) #Chiefs Patrick Mahomes
2) #Jets Aaron Rodgers
3) #Bengals Joe Burrow
4) #Eagles Jalen Hurts
5) #Bills Josh Allen

View: https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1679986918920974336?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Pretty classy response.

Kirk Cousins responds to Justin Jefferson not putting him on his Top 5 NFL QB list:

When asked about it: "I didn't even see it," Cousins said. "This is the first time hearing about it."

"As a competitor, you'd always want that," Cousins said of being on a top-five list. "People have to be honest and share what they think and I'm not going to tell somebody what they need to think. Hopefully in 2024, I'll be on his list. We'll see what we can do this year."

Jefferson's list was:
1) #Chiefs Patrick Mahomes
2) #Jets Aaron Rodgers
3) #Bengals Joe Burrow
4) #Eagles Jalen Hurts
5) #Bills Josh Allen

View: https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1679986918920974336?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

That list is accurate and very generic.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That fucker is never getting the ball again.
~ Cousins

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I wouldn’t have Hurts in top 5, probably top ten but, I’m not impressed with his QBing skills. He may get better at reading and delivering the ball but at this point is is barely in the middle of the pack in those areas for me.

Psycho_X

Legend

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Don't really understand the thought process of letting AJ Brown go, a very good WR coming into his prime, only to sign a past his prime one the next offseason? Hopkins hasn't been able to stay on field for two years whether injury or due to steroids and hasn't had more than 10 TDs since 2018. Just a desperation move to get some kind of name power on the team.
Agree but the Titans changed GMs. Jon Robinson was the GM on Draft Day 2022 when TN traded Brown.

Robinson was fired late in the 2022 Season; and the new GM is Ran Carthon who came from the 49ers, and was previously with the Rams

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When asked what winning means to Hopkins, he responded:

Loop Pay Me GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.