OFFICIAL 2022 NFL trades, cuts, free agents, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Ouch.

That’s too rich based on what he done so far... But I can’t help but wonder how he’d do in an offense like ours. I know @Riverumbbq agrees.

When I look at what Njoku has done in Cleveland, I'm compelled to compare his results playing with QB Baker Mayfield in much the same way we examined OBj's production within the same offense and under the same QB. OBj flourished almost immediately with Stafford and the chemistry became unmistakable. Personally, I'd pay Njoku, Rams fans also complained about what we paid Higbee a few years back, if the Rams believe they can make it work, then sign him.
With what is still likely a partial or temporary rehabilitation on the part of Robert Woods and an OBj entering the 2022 season on IR, our receiving corps will be somewhat diminished, and with Higbee entering a 'contract' year following this next season, strengthening our TE unit now creates some mismatches as well as gives us insurance as Higbee could easily become major trade bait for 2023 as his CAP savings will be over $6.M, to say the least about what we might receive in trade. This also allows the Rams an extra year for the development of both Hopkins & Blanton, something they can both benefit from imo.

I apologize for my recent ROD absenteeism, but I've been heavily involved with monitoring the war being waged on Ukraine by Russia, I hope to be getting back to covering the Combine and my more normal activities soon.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i don't understand why njoku wants to stay there.

why would he want to play with a qb that puts him in this position?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When I look at what Njoku has done in Cleveland, I'm compelled to compare his results playing with QB Baker Mayfield in much the same way we examined OBj's production within the same offense and under the same QB. OBj flourished almost immediately with Stafford and the chemistry became unmistakable. Personally, I'd pay Njoku, Rams fans also complained about what we paid Higbee a few years back, if the Rams believe they can make it work, then sign him.
With what is still likely a partial or temporary rehabilitation on the part of Robert Woods and an OBj entering the 2022 season on IR, our receiving corps will be somewhat diminished, and with Higbee entering a 'contract' year following this next season, strengthening our TE unit now creates some mismatches as well as gives us insurance as Higbee could easily become major trade bait for 2023 as his CAP savings will be over $6.M, to say the least about what we might receive in trade. This also allows the Rams an extra year for the development of both Hopkins & Blanton, something they can both benefit from imo.

I apologize for my recent ROD absenteeism, but I've been heavily involved with monitoring the war being waged on Ukraine by Russia, I hope to be getting back to covering the Combine and my more normal activities soon.
Cleveland is supposedly ready to pay Njoku. The Rams weren’t mentioned.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I'd pay Njoku, Rams fans also complained about what we paid Higbee a few years back, if the Rams believe they can make it work, then sign him.
I agree completely. That's the whole game with free agency, some guys get paid for what they've done, and some get paid for what the new team thinks they can do. At this point, Higbee costs peanuts. 6 mill salary which isnt guaranteed, and will need to be extended or traded at some point. Rams want to run the ball, they need to invest in TE and/or RB with less than 10 mill of salary combined between the 2. If the Rams want to keep Hopkins/Blanton around as a 3rd TE so they can continue to develop? That's fine. But given the career struggles of each, there's no way to go in to 22 season depending on either

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
But why not wait to see if the market would give you 10 million reasons to go play somewhere else?
I'm guessing his agent put feelers out awhile back so Njoku probably have some kind of idea of the market he could possibly have. Besides, if Cleveland is offering a crap of load of guaranteed cash, that makes more difference than anything else.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm guessing his agent put feelers out awhile back so Njoku probably have some kind of idea of the market he could possibly have. Besides, if Cleveland is offering a crap of load of guaranteed cash, that makes more difference than anything else.
Not understanding, if there were feelers out, likely they come to a similar conclusion of his value. And once on open market, competition for his services would only drive his price up.
I've seen predictions for Njoku exceeding 10 mill per year, PFF even projects him to sign a 3 year 33 mill deal

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Not understanding, if there were feelers out, likely they come to a similar conclusion of his value. And once on open market, competition for his services would only drive his price up.
I've seen predictions for Njoku exceeding 10 mill per year, PFF even projects him to sign a 3 year 33 mill deal
NJoku would be wise to sign a cheap one year deal with the Rams to show his full potential and up his value.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
By feelers I also mean how many teams may be bidding for his services. I in no way believe these agents don't do the homework for their clients to see what the interest is like. Not saying that's it's accurate but these guys definitely get paid to advise the best move for them.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
By feelers I also mean how many teams may be bidding for his services. I in no way believe these agents don't do the homework for their clients to see what the interest is like. Not saying that's it's accurate but these guys definitely get paid to advise the best move for them.
Of course, which is why Cleveland wants to sign him now, so h doesnt test the market. Which is exactly why he should test the market

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NJoku would be wise to sign a cheap one year deal with the Rams to show his full potential and up his value.
I think a 3 year 33 mill deal with a boatload of guaranteed cash trumps any 1 year deal. 11 mill per year would make him the 6th highest paid TE
With as much as he’s been injured I wonder if he even gets a 10 Mil offer from another team.
I've seen him between 9-11 mill per year projected. Its not exact science but theyre usually close.
And I wouldnt say he's injury risk, missed most of 2019 and beginning of 2020, but other than that he only missed 1 game due to covid

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think a 3 year 33 mill deal with a boatload of guaranteed cash trumps any 1 year deal. 11 mill per year would make him the 6th highest paid TE

I've seen him between 9-11 mill per year projected. Its not exact science but theyre usually close.
And I wouldnt say he's injury risk, missed most of 2019 and beginning of 2020, but other than that he only missed 1 game due to covid
A great year on the Rams could lead him to being the highest paid TE, plus he’d have a good shot at a Super Bowl.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A great year on the Rams could lead him to being the highest paid TE, plus he’d have a good shot at a Super Bowl.
I like the guy and all, but he's not in the league of Kittle & Kelce who are at 15 mill. He could have a Cooper Kupp like season next year and teams wouldnt offer that money. He's proven and is ready to cash in. Why not take a 3 year 30 with the Rams and then have 3 chances at a SB

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It seems all drama queen Rodgers is interested in is being the highest paid player in the league. And throwing the least ints in the league so he can win mvp awards. So he can whine himself to being the highest paid player in the league.

dang

Legend

It seems all drama queen Rodgers is interested in is being the highest paid player in the league. And throwing the least ints in the league so he can win mvp awards. So he can whine himself to being the highest paid player in the league.

It was a curse for Rodgers to win the Lombardi early in his career. The talent is still there but the hunger in the playoffs is not.