49'ers 2022/23 San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
I hear that. But would Goff have struggled like that under McVay in that first year? Doubtful. There was enough talent, just missing an OC and culture. Lance has no such excuse.
Best WR was Quick. Only good OL was Saffold. I’d say talent was limited in 2016 on offense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, I suppose that is possible. But when it all collapses, guess who takes the fall? The coach. It doesn't matter if the guys at the top forced him to go with a guy he doesn't believe in. If they lose too many games its always the coach who ends up being the scapegoat. Sometimes its warranted. If it happens in this case, it might not be warranted.
Yes I am suggesting he wants to be fired. Under-the-radar-storyline-of-the-year or message board madness. :laugh3:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Lance started on the road in inclement weather with a lotta weight on his back. Certainly not ideal conditions.

This week at home, he should be able to lean on the run game a little more (or so they hope!). AFTER this game we should see more clearly the situation.

Benching him by the Rams game will basically end his career in Santa Clara, especially as long as jimmy g-string is there. Once again, the niners will be going into games with at least THREE 1rst round picks on the bench. Ouch.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lance started on the road in inclement weather with a lotta weight on his back. Certainly not ideal conditions.

This week at home, he should be able to lean on the run game a little more (or so they hope!). AFTER this game we should see more clearly the situation.

Benching him by the Rams game will basically end his career in Santa Clara, especially as long as jimmy g-string is there. Once again, the niners will be going into games with at least THREE 1rst round picks on the bench. Ouch.
Not to mention two first round busts in Solomon Thomas and Ruben Foster. They had two first round picks that year and whiffed on both.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I suppose its schadenfreude. But I can't get enough of reading their forum in the Trey Lance thread. You have some people who are thinking Lance is going to be a bust. You have the Lance diehard homers who get pissed at them. You have the ones in between who are crossing their fingers but its easy to see they don't have confidence in the kid. Its glorious. :laugh2:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I suppose its schadenfreude. But I can't get enough of reading their forum in the Trey Lance thread. You have some people who are thinking Lance is going to be a bust. You have the Lance diehard homers who get pissed at them. You have the ones in between who are crossing their fingers but its easy to see they don't have confidence in the kid. Its glorious. :laugh2:
I’m glad it’s not us.

dang

Legend
The 69ers fan club president thinks Lance is fabulous and Jimmy G-string is dreamy. All good in 69er world.

JYB

Starter
Yes, it’s fantastic entertainment. Those who didn’t like the pick from the beginning are getting far less pushback now than they were before.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think Martz nailed it; what does Trey Lance do well?

He’s not even a good runner, at QB… and THAT was supposed to be a given.

Keep playing him 49’ers!!

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Someone should create a 9er account and constantly post in their Lance thread that they should have picked Creed Humphries instead of Lance lol. If only I were younger and had more free time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

you mean a little like this forum in 2020?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Someone should create a 9er account and constantly post in their Lance thread that they should have picked Creed Humphries instead of Lance lol. If only I were younger and had more free time.
@Loyal has already done that I'm sure.

dang

Legend
They could have had Creed in 2nd round and TuTu in the 5th round.

dang

Legend
You are missing the point here.
No my friend. I get it. Humphries is the new measure of a successful or unsuccessful draft pick. And for some Rams fans he is the beautiful blond haired blued eyed college girlfriend who got away and they will always regret.