OFFICIAL 2021 Free agency, cuts, trades, and more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Teams calling aboutWoods doesn’t mean Snead is shopping him. He seems integral to this offense unless they are eying a Golliday or Marvin Jones.

I like Marvin Jones a lot, but trading Woods for Jones doesn't make sense. Golladay, Robinson, Godwin would be the clear upgrades if we were going to trade Woods. But I think a restructure for him is a lot more likely. We'll see though. I think Brockers is the one who's traded or cut.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If the rams restructure Donald, Ramsey, Kupp and Woods that should put them at about 15 million under. Extend stafford and it's around 25. My numbers aren't exact but I remember seeing that the Rams can easily get under

Personally I wait on Kupp, but would restructure/extend the others and trade both Brockers & Havenstein, that may leave us near $25-30mil under. jmo.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If the rams restructure Donald, Ramsey, Kupp and Woods that should put them at about 15 million under. Extend stafford and it's around 25. My numbers aren't exact but I remember seeing that the Rams can easily get under
I think your #s are solid.

Not sure they will want to restructure all of them to the maximum extent possible because of the future cap implications.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I’m would. The jump in the 2022 cap is gonna be huge.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Personally I wait on Kupp, but would restructure/extend the others and trade both Brockers & Havenstein, that may leave us near $25-30mil under. jmo.
That means we need to find two guys who at least play to their level. Those types of guys want multi-year deals.
We're also in a win now mode, I don't think we trade away our assets to wait on 2nd day picks that won't develop for a couple years.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That means we need to find two guys who at least play to their level. Those types of guys want multi-year deals.
We're also in a win now mode, I don't think we trade away our assets to wait on 2nd day picks that won't develop for a couple years.
I mostly agree but even worse.

My concern is that that Havenstein and Brockers would only bring back Day 3 draft choices ... no better than fourth or fifth rounders.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

The Rams already have a great deal of depth at both positions.
My free agent replacements for unloading Havenstein/Brockers would be Corey Linsley at Center and Zay Jones at WR. The restructure savings would allow us to re-sign Floyd and tender Williams. I believe this makes our win-now mode even more possible.

Last edited:

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
No biggie on Brockers imo. The Rams backed themselves into a corner paying 2 WR top money. Again all my opinion

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I mostly agree but even worse.

My concern is that that Havenstein and Brockers would only bring back Day 3 draft choices ... no better than fourth or fifth rounders.

While it matters, the CAP savings is what's most important this time around, and how we spend it. As for the draft, it may not be how high a draft pick we might get for Hav/Broc happens to be, but how we use them, whether it's to bundle them & trade up for another candidate, or just wait for a player to come to us. jmo.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
You mean Marvin Jones?

No, I meant Zay, not Zak ... him being a 26 year old former 2'nd round draft pick who runs a 4.45 - 40 and was underutilized by the Raiders. He'd be our #4 WR and good insurance against injury for our starters, and should be quite affordable. jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Raiders overpay Joyner use him wrong then cut him. Snead gets a comp pick.

Raiders overpay Littleton he sucks (did they use him wrong too?) Rams get a comp pick. They're rumored to be shopping him too.

Name
MistahTroupe
Yes. Raiders former Def Coordinator Paul Guenther who was with the team for 3 seasons before getting sent packing this season, never had a clue how to use our former Rams players and it was a shame to watch honestly. For the Raiders and their fan base the hire of new Def Coordinator Gus Bradley formerly of the Chargers is a breath of fresh air for them due to the fact Guenther seemed like a coach who was clueless on what he wanted to do in executing his defense and was not liked by many in the The Raiders Organization.

MT

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
e're also in a win now mode,
Don't be surprised if we're not consistently in "win now" mode. I get the feeling this regime has been given the nod to go outside the norm to consistently be in the hunt. I don't buy that anything that is "tried and true" is what we should expect from this group. The contrary may be the reality.

I'm guessing that Stan would rather be consistently in the playoffs and have a shot at a ring virtually every year while building a solid fan base than sit back and watch what Georgia and the clown show did to destroy the fan base in LA and subsequently the Lou.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think he will be good with just filling seats if most of them are fans from opposing teams. He is going to want a winner in that palace and also to be a constant media and fan draw. He wants prime time games, a packed stadium at premium rates, and to be the biggest fish in LA.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think your #s are solid.

Not sure they will want to restructure all of them to the maximum extent possible because of the future cap implications.
Yeah. It depends though. Some are saying that the salary cap will boom like the nba did when they got their new tv deal. There's rumors that Jerry signed dak for this very reason. And then we'll have space

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

If its true that they can get under by 15 million by restructuring contracts then I don't screw with the roster by cutting good players. Both Brokers and Haveenstein had good years. Like my post said, if the return was for the right amount then I could see trading from a surplus. Or if they have plans to pick up a certain free agent, or promote a player from within like Brewster and they need to clear a roster spot or cap space for that. But Brokers is a team leader. Havenstein is only one of two real veterans on the Online currently.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If its true that they can get under by 15 million by restructuring contracts then I don't screw with the roster by cutting good players. Both Brokers and Haveenstein had good years. Like my post said, if the return was for the right amount then I could see trading from a surplus. Or if they have plans to pick up a certain free agent, or promote a player from within like Brewster and they need to clear a roster spot or cap space for that. But Brokers is a team leader. Havenstein is only one of two real veterans on the Online currently.

I answered a very similar question about 7 posts earlier in this same thread.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes. Raiders former Def Coordinator Paul Guenther who was with the team for 3 seasons before getting sent packing this season, never had a clue how to use our former Rams players and it was a shame to watch honestly. For the Raiders and their fan base the hire of new Def Coordinator Gus Bradley formerly of the Chargers is a breath of fresh air for them due to the fact Guenther seemed like a coach who was clueless on what he wanted to do in executing his defense and was not liked by many in the The Raiders Organization.

MT
I don't really look at that Gus Bradley hire as inspired or anything. League is well versed in attacking Cover 3 and that's his strength. That's where he really kicks ass. If Gruden pushes him out of his comfort zone the defense will struggle.