Your Well Known Friends

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We posted about notorious friends and it was amazing. Now, I was thinking, some of us must know some well known or famous folks....
*cough* @rdlkgliders *cough*

I'll go first. Besides my Buddy Don having his own IMBD page. I went to school with a Playboy Playmate. Jill Harper is her name. She was a year under me. We had gym and a few classes together, we were in the same program in college for Physical Education. Nice chick. Friendly, never stuck up. Stupid hot. Well after she turned 18-19 her mom somehow got her on Howard Stern and he was doing some shit for playboy. He loved her and she became a bunny. She dated Pauly Shore....We laughed at her for that. Then she had a kid with David Spade. I havent seen her in probably 10 years. She was on Howard's show a couple times and one time he called her boyfriend, his name was David, he was my age. He broke up with him for her on the air. He killed himself a few months later. Kinda fucked up.

Anyway, her professional name is Jillian Grace.

Screenshot_20201209-151244_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201209-153200_Chrome.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/II5RXhAsAKQ

Last edited:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've had a lot of run-ins with famous people through work, but nothing you could call friendships.

As far as well known friends, there's a guy who is in the British Blues HOF, Robin Davey of the Hoax, and I am good friends with his wife and creative partner Greta Valenti. They are in a couple of bands with some success: Beaux Gris Gris and the Apocalypse as well as Well Hung Heart. If not for the pandemic I would have been running lights for them on my first tour in the UK this past September.
They also produce and direct films and music videos under the name GrowVision. Their most recent film that they directed and produced, "the Unbelievable Plight of Mrs. Wright" has won a bunch of awards.

fearsomefour

Legend
My cousin is Danny Strong.
Actor, screen play writer, producer etc.
Eric Kretz, drummer Stone Temple Pilots
Bobby Rock, drummer
A couple of guys from POD
Went to high school and used to jam with Justin Meldal-Johnson, Nine Inch Nails, Beck and others.
“Friends” is a stretch for most of them.
Working relationship with most save my cousin and Justin.
Also, probably more successful than well known.....no one remembers the drummers or bass players. Haha.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My best friend in High School was David G. Hall. I used to skip PE with him and go fry flour tortillas on his gas burner for lunch at his mother's house (great lady). Dave started sweeping floors for a radio station in San Diego when he was 14years old, just so they would let him cut commercials and maybe get to speak on the radio. He operated a pirate radio station where the the antenna was hidden in a big tree and we'd broadcast at lunch time. He became more skilled and landed a job at KFBK radio in Sacramento. HE worked with guys like Morton Downey Jr and later with Rush Limbaugh before he went national. Dave later became program director for KFI in Los Angeles and after that job he was more involved with discovering talent.

I remember when he told me "you have to listen to this guy." He discovered and promoted Glenn Beck before anyone knew who he was. He also discovered and helped with the Phil Hendrie Show, which his namesake was often used in skits. He was crazy enough to do those skits in a wierd voice, but Hendrie often imitated people so I am not sure about that. I know I could contact him and we would speak warmly to each other after all of these years, but our lives have taken different paths. I'm no good at long distance friendships, but I'm very proud of him.

My niece was also a dancer for Janet Jackson and was an assistannt choreographer on the movie Mama Mia.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I work for some guys that are kind of a big dill, but not famous by any means. Our current CEO founded a big, well known Telecom here in Texas. Our CTO has a bunch of parents to his name surrounding WiFi and geolocation and similarly affiliated technologies. The company I work for actually had a patent that, if one of two words were changed out, would have made Apple owe us a ton of money for the iPhone app store. Really smart guy. Neither are famous unless you're really into business circles or a giant nerd (several orders of magnitude larger nerd than I am).

My wife's cousin also makes all of Kenny Chesney's music videos, but he doesn't talk to the peasants (he's a second cousin anyway so we had no chance of knowing him, really).