Your take on draft day round 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
My list of players I would take at nineteen (listed in order within each category):

QB: Williams, Maye, Daniels
WR: Harrison, Nabers, Odunze
OT: Alt, Fashanu
TE: Bowers
Edge: Turner, Verse, Latu
CB: Mitchell, Arnold
DL: Murphy, Newton

If none of those guys are available when we pick, I’d trade down.

My guess is that teams will reach for second-tier quarterbacks, tackles and wide receivers, so we will have some very good options at nineteen.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Which positions won't they draft?

QB, RB, WR, TE, OT, IOL
DE
, DT, ILB, OLB-Edge, CB, S

Hopefully not

Probably
Maybe

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah he's got some major questions that need answering. When he was on his game he roasted elite corners. His Alabama game tape is beautiful. But he so very obviously checked out in moments where he wasn't getting the ball or on run plays. If he played consistently he'd be right there with Nabers imo. So it would depend on whether or not he checks out in interviews. But going into the combine I absolutely loved the way he attacked the ball and how he ran his routes. And then he went into the combine and ran a 4.3 so I'm fascinated.

Edit: currently lighting to Steve Smith talk about him. He loves him.
Yeah. I think he has true number one potential, like a Chase Young. But would he put in the work like Kupp and Nacua? He may not even be on the Rams radar if they think he’s not dedicated enough.

But I’ll admit, I’ve got a little McVay in me, in that drafting another weapon for the offense is a very exciting idea. If this team can’t find the difference maker they need on defense then beef up the offense and break the Patriots scoring record.

WestCoastRam

Legend
This is not a thread for what you would do, but what you think the Rams will do with their 1st pick.

Trade up. Rams move from the 19th pick to 14th in a trade with the Saints.

The PICK. Latu

Instant production off the edge week 1.
Sure sounds like Latu will be there at 19 though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Snead trades down to gather more picks in the Top 100, because that's what he likes to do.
Not sure how you can say this when he's rarely had more than one or 2 picks in the top 100.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah. I think he has true number one potential, like a Chase Young. But would he put in the work like Kupp and Nacua? He may not even be on the Rams radar if they think he’s not dedicated enough.

But I’ll admit, I’ve got a little McVay in me, in that drafting another weapon for the offense is a very exciting idea. If this team can’t find the difference maker they need on defense then beef up the offense and break the Patriots scoring record.
Yeah I think we know the Rams want to outscore everyone. I think Mitchell has something special that Puka and Kupp don't have. I think he's the finishing piece and then we just need a stable defense.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure how you can say this when he's rarely had more than one or 2 picks in the top 100.
I think the last time he had a first round pick he traded down 2 times. Small sample size I know.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If the Rams selected Darius Robinson in the 1st round, I'd be extremely disappointed. Almost as much as if they drafted Xavier Worthy. Especially since I've been banking on Latu for so long now.

It's smokescreen season, but I'm believing the bits and pieces from Jeremiah, Allbright, and Schrager. The Rams are going to select an OT and may even trade up for one. Fautanu or Fashanu come on down. You're the next Rams 1st round selection.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If the Rams selected Darius Robinson in the 1st round, I'd be extremely disappointed. Almost as much as if they drafted Xavier Worthy. Especially since I've been banking on Latu for so long now.

It's smokescreen season, but I'm believing the bits and pieces from Jeremiah, Allbright, and Schrager. The Rams are going to select an OT and may even trade up for one. Fautanu or Fashanu come on down. You're the next Rams 1st round selection.
I'd be disappointed with Darius Robinson at 19, for sure. But I'd be much happier then if they trade up for a OT. Robinson is a tweener. He could definitely work in our D, but, I'd rather a dedicated edge or DT that early in the draft. Robinson I'd love to trade up for in the 2nd, which is where I thought he would land. He is in the green room however....

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

I agree - they are moving up for a tackle. Could be Alt - could be Latham. Fautanu feels like the most likely target

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the last time he had a first round pick he traded down 2 times. Small sample size I know.
Top 100 picks.
2023 we had 3
2022 none
2021 1
2021 3
2020 4
2018 1
2017 3

That's 2.5 a year in the McSnead era we don't have a history of accumulating top 100 picks quite the opposite actually. That's what I was replying to Loyal about.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I'd be disappointed with Darius Robinson at 19, for sure. But I'd be much happier then if they trade up for a OT. Robinson is a tweener. He could definitely work in our D, but, I'd rather a dedicated edge or DT that early in the draft. Robinson I'd love to trade up for in the 2nd, which is where I thought he would land. He is in the green room however....
Funny you say that. When I first set out to do a mock, I thought he would be ideal in the 2nd. As time went on, though, I kept seeing him moving higher and higher. I believe he’s going in the 1rst round.

A “dedicated Edge” plus Robinson would be a helluva draft opening. When I look at it that way, I am no longer bothered by nabbing Robinson early if it means the Rams can get Braswell in the 2nd.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Top 100 picks.
2023 we had 3
2022 none
2021 1
2021 3
2020 4
2018 1
2017 3

That's 2.5 a year in the McSnead era we don't have a history of accumulating top 100 picks quite the opposite actually. That's what I was replying to Loyal about.
Yeah but I don't think we had the capital to do so I'm the past. When we did (17,20,19) we did. But 2021 for example we didn't have a pick until 104. TBH I don't fully remember though

Last edited:

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
The Rams trade out of the 1st for multiple day 2-3 picks plus a high 2025 pick. The servers for this site crash...:explode1::laugh4:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but I don't think we had the capital to do so I'm the past. When we did (17,20,19) we did. But 2021 for example we didn't have a pick until 104. TBH I don't fully remember though
We had the capital we just traded it for players. That's not building up draft capital that's building up a veteran roster.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I'd rather have Worthy than Darius Robinson. This is saying it as a biased Mizzou fan, because even in a biased Mizzou fan's mind, I don't see a first round pick with him.

TexasRam

Legend
A large percentage of these 1st round prospects will be busts or under-perform their draft status..

If Rams move up for a tackle or edge (Alt, Latu) I would be fine, but I expect us to move back and play the Numbers game.