LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

This song(and the entire Song Remains the Same album) takes me back to certain moments in time that will never be experienced again. She was 14 going on 30 and i was 16. I was her first too.
30 years ago. Unbelievable.

We kept in "touch" ever so often over the years. She was a drama magnet, battled drug abuse on and off for years and never really recovered from her mother dying in a car accident when she was 15. I hadn't spoken to her in about 8 years when she called me out of the blue one day about a year ago. I didn't answer and let it go to voicemail. She sounded kind of anxious and said she wanted to get a hold of me and to call her. I left it alone and 2 weeks later i found out she died from heart failure or something. She was just 43 yrs old.

RIP Stephanie.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This song(and the entire Song Remains the Same album) takes me back to certain moments in time that will never be experienced again. She was 14 going on 30 and i was 16. I was her first too.
30 years ago. Unbelievable.

We kept in "touch" ever so often over the years. She was a drama magnet, battled drug abuse on and off for years and never really recovered from her mother dying in a car accident when she was 15. I hadn't spoken to her in about 8 years when she called me out of the blue one day about a year ago. I didn't answer and let it go to voicemail. She sounded kind of anxious and said she wanted to get a hold of me and to call her. I left it alone and 2 weeks later i found out she died from heart failure or something. She was just 43 yrs old.

RIP Stephanie.

Very poignant. Thanks for sharing that with us. Moving from the west coast to the east coast over 20 years ago, I've lost touch with almost everyone from my youth. Two friends, Joyce in California and Bruce in Michigan, both of whom I've known for over 35 years, stay in touch on a regular basis but everyone else has dropped off the map.

I have two ex-wives that I haven't heard from since the mid-seventies, and for good reason. :sneaky: The songs are like a form of time travel that allows us to relive precious and sometimes painful moments from the past.

This one was released in February of 1984. I had just broken up with my girlfriend because I needed a break from the high drama. So I took up with Alice, who was close to 30 and whose biological clock was going off. She would have married anyone to have babies with, including yours truly. Instead I got back together with my girlfriend later on that year and we've been married for over 30 years now. Life is strange. This song reminds me of that time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azdwsXLmrHE

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The songs are like a form of time travel that allows us to relive precious and sometimes painful moments from the past.
So true. Music is like a time capsule.
On a lighter, sillier note, whenever i smell mothballs(which isn't very often obviously Lol) i'm immediately taken back to memories of my first hot and heavy make out sessions with her in her in her mom's apartment because she(her mom) kept an overwhelming amount of mothballs in the closets. Lmao

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
And now if you gentlemen will excuse me , I'm going to go and dance with my wife

dancing1a_zpsb56367f8.jpg

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Brand new Papal prog rock from Pope Francis. The Pope collaborated with Tony Pagliuca ( member of Italian Prog band Le Orme) on several songs from Pope Francis's new album. I hear influences wide and varied from Van Der Graaf Generator to Saint Thomas Aquinas.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgnENsoCydY

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Please pay attention to the pronunciation of "Selassie". It is the 2nd word in the song.

I've noticed that none of the members who I've heard actually try and pronounce it... have it right. It is NOT pronounced like the old collie dog hero. LOL

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
And now if you gentlemen will excuse me , I'm going to go and dance with my wife

dancing1a_zpsb56367f8.jpg

So the "Archies" singer, Ron Dante was also the lead singer for this Cuff Links song:

Also--the song "Jingle Jangle"--supposedly sung by Betty or Veronica was actually sung by Dante. (According to Wikipedia).

I used to collect these records as cardboard cutout records on the back of cereal boxes. They actually played.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
First post in this thread will be a couple of new songs from the band who has the most appearances on my iPod:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
So the "Archies" singer, Ron Dante was also the lead singer for this Cuff Links song:

Also--the song "Jingle Jangle"--supposedly sung by Betty or Veronica was actually sung by Dante. (According to Wikipedia).

I used to collect these records as cardboard cutout records on the back of cereal boxes. They actually played.

Looking around , it looks like Toni Wine sang the female parts on the Archie songs

I remember those cardboard cut out records off the back cereal boxes as well

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I've always loved all that Bubblegum pop from the 70's

Last edited: