LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To skip ahead to tomorrow (Wednesday) the Song for the day should be " Don't Stop Thinking about Tomorrow" By Fleetwood Mac. I Honor of Draft Day! ( Thursday):D

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame

In the 70s I went to UCLA Poly Pavilion to see Crosby Stills and Nash. They did their acoustic guitar show. It was good but the band that opened up the show was Poco. After CS&N finished the crowd started to chant we want Poco we want Poco. Great band!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Good one PA. Sucks so bad Croce died so young. Man, what a writer. Just such an every man. He was really like that...his denim persona. He had jobs like driving trucks and of course washing cars. I call his brand modern folk. The Jimmy Rogers of the 70's, ha. John Denver is another guy in that realm. Though he didn't die young and didn't connect in the same way personally or musically. I love every scrap that Jim ever gave us in his short career.

Last edited:

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Good one PA. Sucks so bad Croce died so young. Man, what a writer. Just such an every man. I love every scrap that he ever gave us. Such a rip off.

He wrote beautiful songs.

It is indeed a shame he died so young. He was incredibly gifted.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
My fellow ROD members have fantastic music tastes! From Crimson to Zevon! Primetime, you Speedking beat me to the punch bowl. How many timeless songs could Croce had gifted us?

Poco- How cool is that...And Thordaddy surprised me with a band I did not know. I like it!

Beck? I really like Beck, and I walked 15 minutes from my house to see Beck in concert... I felt so on top of life walking past art museums to see Beck...Sometimes the way you commute to a concert is just as vivid as the concert. I'm hooked on a feeling that my ROD mates have some road trip concert stories!(y)

Leprous... My favorite band from Notodden Norway will release their new album next month...Notodden has 12,000 citizens yet, I own CD's from 5 local Notodden bands. Art and music aren't recent Notodden phenomenons.

Notodden is the hometown of organist Kåre Nordstoga, the internationally known author Hans Herbjørnsrud who was born in Heddal, and the Hardanger fiddlemaker Olav Gunnarsson Helland (1875–1939) who many consider the finest of the twentieth century. Composer Klaus Egge, born 1906 in Gransherad, also lived in Notodden.

Video from Leprous soon to be released album...If you enjoy non 4/4 syncopated beats you'll like this King Crimson-Tool influenced tune. What's in Notodden's water?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G9Qd_84YZs

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm more of a fan of songs than bands, if that makes sense. Give me a good song and I won't care what band it is or from what genre of music. In the case of Foreigner they've always had a knack for writing songs that are hooky and catch my ear. I like a blazing solo once in a while but give me a good hook along with great vocals and I'm in.

Ian McDonald on guitar, keyboards, vocals, reeds had been a former member of King Crimson when Foreigner hired. Lou Gramm is an awesome singer.

This one's for my ex-wife...:mad:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAESnjvz3lQ

This one's for my present wife...:sneaky:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFQG6OOQmh8

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
My wife found this song of the day thread and now I can't get her away from my PC..... lol She's hooked. She said there are so many great songs here that we should start a radio station. I said we are only killing time until football season. :rolleyes: