Windows 10

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Assuming you are still using Windows 7 or 8 or even XP, you don't have to upgrade but those systems are no longer supported by Microsoft. Bought a new pc a few months ago that came with Windows 10 installed. It's a bit of a learning curve but not too bad.

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i have windows 7, and just used the free upgrade to windows 10, do you know anybody that has done this and does is work OK, i was told windows 7 will stop working in july
thanks
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
i have windows 7, and just used the free upgrade to windows 10, do you know anybody that has done this and does is work OK, i was told windows 7 will stop working in july
thanks
train

I don't think it'll stop working but they will not be issuing updates and fixes.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
thanks
train

My wife uses a 13-year old HP computer that has Windows XP as the OS. It works fine but I have cautioned her to be careful of what sites she goes on and not to buy anything online or post any personal information because there's no protection other than a firewall and an anti-virus program.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
thanks
train
Switched to 10 from 7 Pro a month ago - love it.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I was an early adopter of Windows 10 on a few custom built PC's. The hardware gave Windows 10 some issues and I went back to Windows 7.

Since then, I've made the leap back to Windows 10 and it's a solid operating system. As was already stated, a few things are different and takes a little while to get used to them. Just be sure to keep your system up to date and you'll be fine.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Updated for free long ago. Made my system run smoother. No problems since, and made my gaming experience a lot better!

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
updated last night to windows 10,has few bugs, but those may be my fault, no instruction Manuel
at any rate it's done, and i know a fellow very good at tuning up pc's,
train

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Updated about a month ago, have yet to encounter the problems that occurred at launch. Computer uses less RAM compared to Windows 7 and Wifi connection through my desktop has been stable. Really love it so far!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If your going to upgrade, you better do it soon. The free upgrade isn't going to stay free.
I read this week, that they are going to start charging for it. I'm not sure when, but it's coming.