Will Ezekiel Elliott Break Dickerson's rushing record? (rookie)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Will Ezekiel Elliott Break Dickerson's rushing record?

• Yes

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • No

Votes: 44 75.9%

• Total voters

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Elliott is averaging almost 111 yards per game, which works out to 1772 over a full season.
That would leave him 36 yards short of tying ED.
Detroit is up next who just got ran over by the Giants and Philly next
What say you, can Zeke get 257 to tie or 258 to break ED's record?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I voted no but it is possible with Dallas' OLine. If they can get up near 200 on Detroit, it is very likely. The Eagles defense won't allow it to happen if they can prevent it.

Here is to hoping that Detroit has their passing attack working and can get a lead to pressure Dallas to throw.

Nice post. This gives us something to root for to finish the season. Preserve the record!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think what could really make a difference is if the Giants win on Thursday night vs Philly. That means Dallas needs to beat Detroit to clinch division.
If the Giants lose, then I think the record is safe as Dallas will have clinched the division, and home field

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
giphy.gif

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
That line is filthy good. I hope he doesnt break it but its looking like he will. Imagine Gurley behind a line like that :D.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Meanwhile Gurley needs less for 1000 yards and probably won't get it :sick:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rule #1 in ' DaveFan'51's' Nfl Rule Book reads as follows:
" Under no circumstances will any 49er or CowPie ever be allowed to break a Rams Players Record!"

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Meh....I said talk to me when he has 1500....I guess he's close....Who do they play in the last 2 games?

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Could karma be eyeing Dickerson for all the shit he said about the Rams? Stay tuned to find out!

Zero

Pro Bowler
Rule #1 in ' DaveFan'51's' Nfl Rule Book reads as follows:
" Under no circumstances will any 49er or CowPie ever be allowed to break a Rams Players Record!"

Just say the word Dave and I will go Tonya Harding on his ass.
Nancy_Kerrigan.jpg

Scirca

Rookie
Eric Dickerson is a once in a generation kind of talent. Closest thing to him would be Adrian Peterson. Having said that, I don't think Ezekiel Elliot will get the rookie rushing record for this reason. He has 2 games left but I'm expecting the cowboys to lighten up his load and give Darren McFadden more reps to keep Elliot fresh for the playoffs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Detroit's run D has been one of the better ones this season and will see the Dallas game as a huge challenge.

If they do step up and use the NY game plan, Detroit can at least slow down that run game.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
But just in case ED#29 needs to have Jeff Gillooly in the stadium ya know "to have his back"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That team is capable of doing it. But I think they're going to start giving McFadden some touches now that they know they're in the playoffs.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Meh....I said talk to me when he has 1500....I guess he's close....Who do they play in the last 2 games?
Detroit and then Philly, I don't see The Eagles giving up a lot to him!!

Last edited: