Why can't our D play like this every week?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Sure I'm sure there was a little extra fire losing their QB for the year & knowing they had to pick up the slack, & also having a little extra pep in their step vs a divisional foe; but why can't the Rams D play like last night or close to last night on a more frequent basis?

Imo this was EASILY Walton's best gameplan & in game coaching. If our D played more like this the remainder of the year I'd certainly be open to having him return. This is the D all of us were mentioning this offseason. We knew the DLine had this kind of potential, that the DBs & LBs were solid too. Do they just get up for the divisional opponents only to come out flat or lay an egg vs a team that's less talented than Seattle?

I think we all know if the D plays like this we will have a chance in every game. I loved the way YAC Stacy has been playing the past 4 weeks and I'd been calling for him to get PT earlier. Imo split his carries with DRich just a little bit more to keep him a little fresher and limit his dings. Clemens did a decent job managing, and we may have seen different results if Cookie kept running and Pettis hadn't fallen down on his 2 picks

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think we will play with the same intensity, but in all fairness... SEA was missing both of their starting tackles. I don't know that we're going to get 7 sacks against many more teams this year, but I agree the basic game plan needs to remain.

nighttrain

Legend
Monday nights game was sweet, I hated the loss, but watching the game, awesome
train

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think we will play with the same intensity, but in all fairness... SEA was missing both of their starting tackles. I don't know that we're going to get 7 sacks against many more teams this year, but I agree the basic game plan needs to remain.

Yes they were missing their tackles, but we sacked them 6 times up in Seattle last year with their starting tackles

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I saw Coach Fish making the defensive calls? I know they kept pointing the camera at him all night and you couldn't see the the large notecard of plays, but there was a clip in the game where i saw he had the play call sheets in his hands.:omg: Anyone else catch it? or am I going :cray:?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I could have sworn I saw Coach Fish making the defensive calls? I know they kept pointing the camera at him all night and you couldn't see the the large notecard of plays, but there was a clip in the game where i saw he had the play call sheets in his hands.:omg: Anyone else catch it? or am I going :cray:?
I didn't notice that, but I'll double check when I view the game again.

jap

Legend

Remember, it's literally his defense as in he constructed it. He is more than qualified to call the plays. It also lets Walton see what these kids can do when motivated and playing lights out.That has got to rub him in all kinds of positive ways.