Who's your favorite movie tough chick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We've all seen plenty of tough guy movies. From Eastwood and Bronson movies to Stallone and Schwarzneggar to newer ones like the Borne movies and Statham's movies. Mark Wahlberg movies. Plenty more. All very entertaining.

But what about movies and TV shows with tough chicks? Who are your favorites? The first one that comes to mind is Maggie Q. Hot and deadly. Very skilled and athletic. Then I think of Gina Carano. Former MMA chick you don't wanna mess with. Jennifer Garner was pretty good in Peppermint. Kate Beckinsale in the Underworld movies.

But the ones that I like most are the Noomi Rapace tough chick movies. Not as skilled as Maggie Q. Not as tough as Carano. Not as hot as Beckinsale. But I do like the characters she plays. She just finds a way to get out of tough spots and gets the job done.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Mad Max: Fury Road had one, played by Charlize Theron. She was absolutely a badass (even though Nicholas Hoult's character absolutely stole the show for me) in that movie. Obviously, Sigourney Weaver's character in the Alien franchise: she's the queen of badassery. Amber Midthunder in Prey (Predator movie; I can't mention an Alien movie without Predator in it) was definitely a badass. Michelle Rodriguez was the only thing I liked about Avatar, as a badass pilot who didn't take shit from anyone, and she's had a fair few roles in those types of movies.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hands down Michele Rodriguez in my book, she just looks the part. Charlize, Jennifer & Kate are Barbie's by comparison.
jmo.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Guardians Of The Galaxy Fight GIF by Leroy Patterson

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Uma deserves a mention here....
Kill_Bill_Volume_1.png

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hands down Michele Rodriguez in my book, she just looks the part. Charlize, Jennifer & Kate are Barbie's by comparison.
jmo.
Yeah, Michele Rodriguez fits the tough chick part I prefer in these movies. So does Rapace, Carano and Ronda Rousey. Something about the Barbie look gals that doesn't work for me in an action flick where the female lead plays a tough character. I know its all fake but at least those gals make it look more believable than the Barbie look chicks. When I watch those movies I'm not trying to get turned on by a skimpily clad hot chick. I was good action.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Danai Guerera. General Okoye of the Dora Milaje. Midnight Angel.

Black Panther Marvel GIF by Leroy Patterson

Florence Pugh aka Yelena Belova. Also played WWEs Paige in Fighting with My Family

Black Widow Beating GIF by Regal

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'm partial to the job Linda Hamilton did as Sarah Connor in the Terminator series. The fact that she started out as a meek and mild waitress and had to transform herself into a kick ass mercenary to save herself and eventually her future son kinda worked for me.
I guess it's the Reluctant Hero meme that I admire about her character.

~ArkyRamsFan~

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about the lovely and talented Kate Beckinsale? Among a lot of others listed she's done some good stuff as a tough girl including the Underworld series and the series called The Widow.

Tano

Legend
How about the lovely and talented Kate Beckinsale? Among a lot of others listed she's done some good stuff as a tough girl including the Underworld series and the series called The Widow.
She was also in Van Helsing and she was hot in that movie.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In those black leather pants... :beer2::woozy2:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Famke Janssen, Olga Kurylenko & Halle Berry have played excellent 'bad girl' roles, but they are also 'Barbie's', basically supermodels designed with evil intentions. Not that I have anything against the beautiful 'Barbie's' playing these characters, although knowing their real job is to sell tickets by drawing in the male gaze, some of the more convincing actresses in these parts might have a more natural, 'rougher' look. Grace Jones & Roony Mara have played a great tough girl type. Hollywood make-up artists can also transform a true beauty into a mud hen, what they did with Charlize Theron by recreating her into the infamous female serial-killer Aileen Wuornos was amazing.
jmo.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, if by "tough" it means can take a beating and come out on top, Patricia Arquette's Alabama in True Romance is up there for sure

Tano

Legend
Famke Janssen, Olga Kurylenko & Halle Berry have played excellent 'bad girl' roles, but they are also 'Barbie's', basically supermodels designed with evil intentions. Not that I have anything against the beautiful 'Barbie's' playing these characters, although knowing their real job is to sell tickets by drawing in the male gaze, some of the more convincing actresses in these parts might have a more natural, 'rougher' look. Grace Jones & Roony Mara have played a great tough girl type. Hollywood make-up artists can also transform a true beauty into a mud hen, what they did with Charlize Theron by recreating her into the infamous female serial-killer Aileen Wuornos was amazing.
jmo.
Olga was in the only Bond movie that I found boring as heck. Quantom of Solace has got to be the worst bond movie and I like Daniel Craig as Bond

Edit - although I liked Glass Onion - that was one horrible southern accent by Daniel Craig.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Olga was in the only Bond movie that I found boring as heck. Quantom of Solace has got to be the worst bond movie and I like Daniel Craig as Bond

Edit - although I liked Glass Onion - that was one horrible southern accent by Daniel Craig.

I loved her in 'Hitman' with Timothy Olyphant, definitely a babe imo.