Who is the greatest living legend rock star?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Wait...what? No, no, no and no...

Roger Waters

tumblr_mg4zmfWPhW1rxmai6o1_400.gif

He had the largest concert ever with 200,000 attendees.

When he was writing for Pink Floyd, they had some of the top albums ever produced like The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, The Final Cut, and Animals. Dark Side of the Moon was a top selling album for fifteen years and was in the top 200 for THIRTY TWO years.

Original style, songwriter, singer, musician, massive success and popularity.

Oh yeah, and he's 71 and married to this chick:

163.jpg

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Elton John

FREDDIE Mercury was an insane talent too.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Hard to argue against Paul McCartney considering he was a Beatle

What about Jimmy Page or Robert Plant? I think they deserve some love

Bob Dylan wasn't mentioned yet either (I don't think)

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McCartney without a doubt. But on the American side I would like to add Springsteen. I was a big fan even before the Born to run album. Man I am dating myself. Some may remember while he was wildly popular in NY and the east coast it took some time for the rest of the country to catch up. I saw him on The River tour when he was in his prime. Played 4 hours straight one song after another bam, bam, bam. It was amazing.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
McCartney without a doubt. But on the American side I would like to add Springsteen. I was a big fan even before the Born to run album. Man I am dating myself. Some may remember while he was wildly popular in NY and the east coast it took some time for the rest of the country to catch up. I saw him on The River tour when he was in his prime. Played 4 hours straight one song after another bam, bam, bam. It was amazing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have to stand up for the Older Guy's!!
Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis!!:D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No way on anyone from the Eagles. Yikes that was borderline bubblegum pop IMO.

I think to qualify for this IMO, and you may disagree, the performer has to have been relevant and producing new music/songs his or her entire career and should be able to claim a hit each decade at least. That makes the list easier to manage because it eliminates a lot of people that are still big, but doing nothing new. Lots of guys were big for a decade, or maybe two, on rare occasions three decades of prominence. I don't mean released an album but rather created hits and sold out arenas.

IMO it would be a battle between Madonna and Bono even though U2 hasn't been as prolific as many "all time greats". Jagger, Joel and Elton are right there but they haven't continually put out music and been huge for 4 plus decades like those two. They all still sell tickets but they don't really produce new work that sells tons.

This is a tough question, and a good one too!

And I want to add that The Edge is a totally crappy guitar player. He's turrible, turrible, turrible.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Elton John

Eddie Mercury was an insane talent too.

There is an excellent documentary about Mercury on Netflix that I watched but I can't remember the name. If you are a fan you have to see it, it was remarkably well done and some of the pictures and video are just fantastic.

It's worth finding.

Freddie was maybe the best rock frontman ever and Queen would probably still be rocking if he was still alive. In fact Freddie might be in the conversation as greatest ever had he not been struck down, he was a badass. I can totally see that band still producing, still touring and selling out large venues, and still making music that sold.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Angus Young.

Great showman, brilliant guitarist (criminally underrated in fact) and has co-written some absolute belting rock tunes with his brother and/or Bon Scott in a career that has lasted decades. Still going strong on tour right now as well.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angus Young.

Great showman, brilliant guitarist (criminally underrated in fact) and has co-written some absolute belting rock tunes with his brother and/or Bon Scott in a career that has lasted decades. Still going strong on tour right now as well.

this falls into the mick jagger situation, Angus has been bringin it since the early 70's and hasnt let up. watched a special on AC/DC and its true.............the fans go to see angus in the school boy outfit.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
mick jagger (still touring) saw him in his prime in 1978. he owned Rich Stadium and 88,000 fans(buffalo bills stadium) and people are paying $1900 for front row tickets this year

angus young (still touring) see above. his fantastic opening lines instantly energize a crowd.

paul mcartney ---- his music excites the crowd, not what he does on stage (this isnt the 60's anymore)

zz top/ Billy Gibbons (still touring) when you have cool beards, fuzzy guitars, cheap sunglasses, wear a derringer and are one of the best guitarists.....if that doesnt get you excited.........yer dead.

alice cooper (still touring) not what he used to be, but alice was the sh*t in the 70's. anyone who not only puts, but USES a guillotine on stage gets a thumbs up from me.

my vote is for Billy Gibbons, he's the cool, bluesy version of angus young. guitar licks that wake up your soul .

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, are we talking showmen (women) or song writers (or do they have to be both)? Makes a big difference in most cases.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last time I saw Elvis he was working for the Tenn Highway Dept. Said being a hunka,hunka, burning love 24/7 was a tough gig. Had plenty of sunshine and benies now. Said he missed Cilla now and then she made a great nanner samich. But he had hooked up with a little gal down at the truck stop could put a hellva scald on a chicken. Wasn't to happy about the whole Micheal Jackson thing but said kids gonna be kids. Said he had met with the aliens and Buddy Holly was up there claiming to be the King of Rock and Roll. That'll be the the day he muttered. Last thing he said to me was, Hang in there Ozark life's a carnival man, life's a carnival,pass the tater salad before you go. I said sure Elvis anything for you man.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I have a lot of favorites but I always say that if anybody is THE MAN, for me it is Willie Nelson.