Which players are on YOUR "hoping for more" list?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
I agree. To that point, maybe we should add the WR coaches (Ray Sherman and Jeff Garcia) to that hoping for more category....because these guys should be ascending faster than they are....
Yup, that's why I included the coaching staff. It's harder to be sure on that one since we're not there to see what they do and how they do it but if you just go off production, Sherman should be feeling some warmth on his tuchas. Garcia just got here so I'll cut him some slack.

Big Willie

Starter
Yup, that's why I included the coaching staff. It's harder to be sure on that one since we're not there to see what they do and how they do it but if you just go off production, Sherman should be feeling some warmth on his tuchas. Garcia just got here so I'll cut him some slack.
Oops. I missed the coaches in your original post. Apologies....

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The entire offensive line, and that means first team, second, third and the practice squad. They are asking a lot of our young players, and I would love to see them develop into good NFL players. I want Saffold healthy. I want to see Robinson make good on the remarks about the tackle position and that is where he should be on the line. I want to see Rhaney committing to developing his guard skills if he can't start at center. I want to see Brown and Havenstein shore up that right side, and Battle fight for a starting spot.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I didn't have to think twice; Austin and Quick

If they deliver... this offense will be good enough, combined with the defense, to go deep into the playoffs.

nighttrain

Legend
Seems to me, to much doom and gloom after just one preseason game, 1st games are always rough when you have a bunch of new guys playing together, D will be fine
train

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Tavon Austin - Want him to be a consistent part of the offense

Cook - See Above

Jenkins - Consistency!

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The BIG 5 I hope to see more from:

WR Tavon Austin - I can only blame coaching so much. It's now time for Tavon to step up and be the playmaker that we drafted.

LG Rodger Saffold - Stay healthy. This questionable line won't even reach 'questionable' without Saffold.

C Barrett Jones - 1st round talent/head, street free agent strength.

CB Janoris Jenkins - I've been one of the biggest Janoris supporters for years. It's well past the time to stop making rookie mistakes. Also, news flash Janoris: stop letting receivers get in your head. Shut up and ball.

CB Lamarcus Joyner - Another player I was excited to see us pick. The talent is there as long as he can get his head on straight.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'll take this thread in a little bit of a different direction, rather than hoping for more from what we already have, there are 2 free agents on the market which would have me a lot more comfortable with our current O-Line. Mathis & de la Puente would add some solid veteran depth to the unit which may be most in need.

Losing Gaines is huge, but i'm still hoping one of Roberson/Clairborne emerge to at least partially fill that gap.

Never liked the Joyner pick, and more and more, he's confirming my original thinking. jmo

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Joyner seems to be struggling, doesn't he? Not sure he would have been a strong candidate for starter if Gaines had remained healthy. What's Joyner's future with the Rams? Is he big enough for NFL play? Is it possible that Roberson or Claiborne might be our starting slot CB?
After seeing Claiborne's Right-Hook to Dez Bryant's Jaw, at the Dallas scrimmage, I rooting for him!!:D

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I want less or no personal fouls from all our players once the regular season kicks in. Fisher's inability to keep them from running their personal agenda is mind boggling for me.

As for individual performances, I'm expecting more big plays from Tavon now that Schotty is gone. McLeod is also on high watch for me, I know Jenkins will have his fair share of hiccups but we need good coverage from our safeties if Jenkins wants to continue his playstyle.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
#47 Marcus Roberson ! When the season has concluded we will look back @ Roberson & the fine yr he had ....and say we never saw that coming.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
424bf0401ff686b3eb0a37ed28c6acf3c6ebc2deb18042517e7e4658933df645.jpg

For my buddy.

Just kidding, seen enough.

Secondary, DL, linebacker depth, and as much of the OL as possible.

Last edited:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Play ball control and gain field position advantage, minimize offensive and special teams mistakes, make a few big plays per game on offense and/or special teams. If the D plays as we hope (dominant and opportunistic), that's a winning formula with the Rams winning a lot of low scoring games.

Maybe it's my cardiac Cardinals or GSOT memories floating up here, but this seems like a low bar. The D has to completely show up every game, can't recover from turnovers, etc. I don't know why a plodding offense has to go with the great defense. We have tools to work with on offense.

Course there's that very underwhelming OL we've put together....maybe you're right.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Obviously I think the whole squad could with pushing themselves on a bit, but if I had to name and shame certain players at this (very) early part of the season, I'm going to have to go with:

Cook: huge salary, huge TE, mediocre contribution so far
Saffold: just stay fit and healthy man
JJ: needs to reduce the amount of big plays against him and become a feared CB
Barett Jones: I've been singing your praises for far too long now, either step up at C or OG or we're through!
Hekker: I've seen the dude kick the ball, throw the ball, I've yet to see him step up to the mark and catch the winning TD in a game yet - get your act together Hekker!

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
JJ: needs to reduce the amount of big plays against him and become a feared CB
Yeah, the early hype v. what JJ looked like in his short time v. Raiders was disappointing. For me the big plays are not all JJ's fault (I more blame McLeod), it's his constant 10-yard cushion that gives up an automatic completion of anything under 10 yards. I understand the lack of scheme and vanilla preseason and he's not going 100%, yada yada, but all excuses aside, he just looked exactly like the JJ from last season with zero difference/improvement despite all the training camp hype. On the other hand, we got a brief glimpse of Tru, who looked like a man that rededicated himself to improving in the offseason, was great to see and hope it continues into the regular season.

Offensive play calling. Fix that, you fix most everyone.
Agreed. Mannion looked better than I expected, but I had to roll my eyes at the 13 pass attempts in one drive that barely got past midfield. The point of offense is to score points, not complete short passes. A big "hoping for more" of mine is Cigs, I fear his love of the dink pass and the Rams being more Martyball than McCarthy. Hopefully the play calling will build on the more wide open opening drive than the rest of that hot mess game. And yes, I understand the usual disclaimer that it's only preseason and vanilla, etc... I'm not panicking or overreacting, just posting some observations I'm looking at going into Tennessee...

V3

Hall of Fame
I'll take this thread in a little bit of a different direction, rather than hoping for more from what we already have, there are 2 free agents on the market which would have me a lot more comfortable with our current O-Line. Mathis & de la Puente would add some solid veteran depth to the unit which may be most in need.

Losing Gaines is huge, but i'm still hoping one of Roberson/Clairborne emerge to at least partially fill that gap.

Never liked the Joyner pick, and more and more, he's confirming my original thinking. jmo
I read that Mathis is probably going to sign with Seattle. I don't think he'd be willing to come here to play backup, either. I'm with you though. I'd like both.

RamzFanz

Damnit
A big "hoping for more" of mine is Cigs, I fear his love of the dink pass

It's all we saw in camp after day 1. Run, short pass, run. I'm concerned too because that's not what Foles / Britt / Quick are made for.