What will it take to resign/extend Cooks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt Gronk was 100% in the SB....but he played....the prior game, when he was leveled....and could be witnessed saying, "whoa, WHOA!"...he was trying to return then as well...
Did he return though??
Love ya Champ, you are my dude no doubt. But I cant hang with you on this one. Player has no say in returning to the field once a concussion is a possibility.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
Yall wanna piece of this action????

Cooks is quiet....and again....I don't like guys that tap out in championship games....he's a good player. But does nothing over the middle in traffic. That's a skill...

Can't let that one slide. Tapped out? You either didn't watch or have never played.

Dude got absoutley crushed. That was no tap out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

As part of that Rams organization is players. And his comments on Cooks deserve many adjectives that would make me violate the rules against attacking ROD members. Champ while entitled to his opinions absolutely attacked the character on many levels of a Rams player.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
As part of that Rams organization is players. And his comments on Cooks deserve many adjectives that would make me violate the rules against attacking ROD members. Champ while entitled to his opinions absolutely attacked the character on many levels of a Rams player.
This is a site where we support each other and support the Rams as a whole, and where we have opinions and debates without attacking one another or question the integrity of the members or any of those who are a part of the Rams organization.

if you're a Rams fan, then act like a Rams fan.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a site where we support each other and support the Rams as a whole, and where we have opinions and debates without attacking one another or question the integrity of the members or any of those who are a part of the Rams organization.

if you're a Rams fan, then act like a Rams fan.
I wasn't acting like a Rams fan supporting a Rams player? Interesting take.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I wasn't acting like a Rams fan supporting a Rams player? Interesting take.
Yes you were acting like a Rams fan. I was AGREEING WITH YOU.

Sorry i messed with your head like that.

Oh, your picture of Jack Youngblood is my favorite one here.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Of all the ridiculous...

I know @LACHAMP46 is a pretty smart guy.

That said, that's probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen on this forum.

It's a choice to act concussed???

CDqD1KV.jpg

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

Even the name gets me laughing super hard....

SCOTT STERLING!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Can't let that one slide. Tapped out? You either didn't watch or have never played.

Dude got absolutely crushed. That was no tap out.

Also, as someone who's rolled BJJ... only idiots don't tap. I've rolled with a few and it wasn't pleasant.

Even in a match, you see guys that are willing to have their elbows or shoulders or knees shredded or risk death by choke because...why?

A loss is a loss, so all it means is that you've declared "checkmate". The guy got you. EVERBODY HAS TAPPED. Every Gracie has tapped. Eddie Bravo has tapped. Robson Moura has tapped. If you nap out, all that proves is that a) he sunk it so quick and so deep you didn't have the chance to tap or b) the person was too stupid or belligerent to tap.

And runs the risk of dying. There's a reason why chokeholds are forbidden to use by police in all, but the most extreme circumstances and is not to be used to subdue people. Some people's vascular structure is more "sticky" than others and once those veins/arteries are pinched hard, they don't reopen and people die.

Trust me... you KNOW when you're in deep. You KNOW when you are done. There isn't the least bit of a question. All of a sudden, it feels like your head is going to pop and your eyes are going to blast out of your head.

So yeah, not tapping out is a sign of either stupidity or brain damage. It's not brave. It's not strong. It's just dumb.

Oh, and now... if the guy doesn't tap and gets his shoulder, knee, or elbow shredded, there's surgery and rehab... all of which take time away from further improving one's craft so as not to be submitted the next time.

It's a stack of dumb, basically.

dang

Legend

dang

Legend
Agree with OldSchool 150%. This was an unwarranted attack on the toughness of a brand new RAM. A RAM that will fill a very important position on this team. If it was just clowning then lesson learned and I will consider any further posts from LAChamp as clown posts and ignore. No biggie but surprising this type of clowning what a Rams fan wants to be known for.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Ehhhhh..... I can think of any number of reasons why that's appropriate. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
Never said there’s never a reason to.
I said that you still don’t do it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
No point in wading in here with mod outrage. Some of you have already done the job for us and it is appreciated, but a gentle reminder - attack the contents of a post, not the member who made it. I'm tapping out.

bluecoconuts

Legend
That's an absolute statement. Turned to the dark side, @bluecoconuts ?

Yes, I also understand that this makes Obi Wan a Sith as well.

Yeah I know, it's one of the reasons why I love the line so much. It's classic Lucas shitty dialog.

Never said there’s never a reason to.
I said that you still don’t do it.

I would still disagree. If I'm in a boxing match and my opponent is a woman, I wouldn't be afraid to hit her. To do anything different would be disrespectful and unfair to her, she is there to fight not to have someone go easy on her or let her win.

Similarly if I see a woman in the process of killing someone, I wouldn't hesitate to knock her ass out, for the safety of others. Or if it was a combat situation in a war zone.

Women who voluntarily make themselves a combatant are just that to me, a combatant. That doesn't mean that you knock the shit out of your woman because you're drunk, or she burned dinner, or ran her mouth off or something like that. That's completely different.