What Vikings Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ausmurp

Starter
Wow their schedule has barely been harder than ours thus far. Seahawks D when we faced them was every bit as good if not better than theirs. I'm shocked they're not taking the Rams more serious, most of them think they'll win but I'm sure the line will be dead even. Shocks me even more their confidence with Keenum at QB!? Their overall lack of knowledge as well. Stop Tavon. So strange lol. And their WRs are good but I'd take Watkins over both of them, he's finally catching up and adding consistency. I think he's finally fully integrated into the playbook.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
They know literally nothing about this team. Hopefully the coaching staff is the same way.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cocky bunch, reading those comments I guess there's no reason to even play this Sunday.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Artic...-division-leaders-are-turning-heads-110409712

Vikings on a rare roll that sets up hype for Rams matchup
The NFC in 2017 is being dominated by the dominated in 2016. Suffice to say, the Vikings-Rams game Sunday is going the kick the hype machine into overdrive for each fan base.
John Holler

A year ago at this time, a road loss in Washington finally brought to a completion the sagging momentum the 2016 Minnesota Vikings had, dropping a 5-0 team to 5-4 and taking away every possible tiebreaker advantage it had once owned.

A year later, the Vikings are in just the opposite position. With a road win over Washington Sunday, the Vikings improved to 7-2, solidified their spot in the mix of the elite teams in the NFC and set up a showdown with one of the others next week.

The significance of Sunday’s win is something that can be put into a historical perspective. How good does a Vikings team have to be to start a season 7-2? Pretty good.

The last time it happened was in 2015. With an eerie similarity to this season, the 2015 team started 2-2 through four games before going on a five-game winning streak. They finished the season 11-5 and won the NFC North title.

Prior to 2015, the last time Minnesota had started with a record comparable to this season was in 2009 when import QB Brett Favre led the Vikings to a 9-1 start, on their way to a 12-4 record, an NFC North title and an appearance in the NFC Championship Game.

Before that, you have go back to the glory days of the early Randy Moss era. In 2000, the Vikings started 7-0, finishing 11-5, winning the NFC Central Division title and playing in the NFC Championship Game against the Giants. Two years earlier, in 1998, the Vikings started 7-0 on their way to a 15-1 record, an NFC Central title and a heartbreaking loss to Atlanta in the NFC Championship Game.

Before that, the Vikings improbably started 7-2 in 1992 – the first year Dennis Green was the head coach and had cleaned house of many veterans from the previous coaching regime. With diminished expectations, the Vikings started 7-2, finished 11-5 and got Green to the playoffs for the first of many times to come in the next decade.

Prior to 1992, you had to go back all the way to the Vikings’ last of four trips to the Super Bowl during their glory years in the 1970s when starting 7-2 or better was the norm.

In the last 40 years of Vikings football, a 7-2 start happened only five times before this year. Depending on how long you’ve been a Vikings fan, those previous five years stick out in your mind for their own reasons. They all set the standard for their era and their achievements were ones – great, good, bad and ugly – that are imprinted on the memories of fans who watched their ascent into contention for a Super Bowl run.

No Vikings team that ever started 7-2 hasn’t won the division title. None of them have ever ended their season with a win, but the Vikings have put themselves in a position to have a say in who goes to the Super Bowl – them or somebody else.

As things currently stand, just nine weeks into the season, there isn’t a significant separation of the teams that are positioning for the top spots in the NFC. New Orleans, whom the Vikings crushed in Week 1, has won seven straight and sit at 7-2.

Philadelphia is rolling at 9-1 atop the NFC East, sporting a three-game lead over Dallas. When the 2017 schedule came out, the only reason the Vikings were playing the Los Angeles Rams was because both were third-place teams in their respective divisions.

Oh, what a difference a year makes in the NFL.

All four current division leaders finished third or worst a year ago – the Vikings, Saints and Rams finished third and the Eagles finished fourth. They had a combined record of 26-38.

This year? They have a combined record of 29-7.

Suddenly, Sunday’s game between the Vikings and Rams has the kind of implication that has only been seen in two eras of the NFL – the coup-style revolution that the Greatest Show on Turf created and the defensive battles of the 1970s, when the Rams always seemed to have to come the Met Stadium in January when heating coils didn’t exist and flamethrowers had to do.

In the next few days, both the Rams and Vikings are going to be center stage with the national media. Who knew? The way the dominoes are falling in the NFC, the magnitude of Sunday’s game in the NFC scheme of things can’t be understated.

If history has taught us anything, when a Vikings team starts 7-2, the worst thing that happens is that it wins its division.

With a win over the Rams, the Vikings would set themselves up for a first-round playoff bye regardless of whether the Eagles stay on their torrid pace. A win over the Rams Sunday would give the Vikings a head-to-head tie-breaker edge on both of the other current division leaders.

Fans of the Rams and Vikings know the ins and outs of their respective teams.

The rest of the country is going to find out this week, because, for the first time in a long time, a Vikings-Rams game is going to have serious implications.

The time to enjoy the win over Washington is just about over.

Now things get serious. The Vikings and Rams are in unfamiliar territory. So are the Eagles and Saints.

Get your popcorn – and the attention of the national media – ready.
----------
https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Board...S-VS-RAMS-what-a-game-of-match-ups--110421625

VIKINGS VS RAMS, what a game of match ups

This is going to be an intense game. So many great matchups going on, with the potential of the winner to separate from the pack (Rams and Saints face off later this year). I believe the next two games will determine this season as two wins would make us 9-2 with tie breakers all over the place, strong control of the division and 10 days to put the nail in last years NFC representative the Falcons (who Zim kinda owns). But back to the matchups:

Zim vs McVay, hot young offense versus the crusty old defensive guru. While Goff has played well, and seen some things, he’s hasn’t seen this defense yet playing at home in the loudest stadium in football

Their weapons matchup well with ours:

Watkins vs Rhodes, big strong #1 vs big strong #1
Austin vs Waynes, speed speed speed not always consistent performance. Both getting better
Whitworth vs Griffen, two All Pros going at it
Joseph vs Sullivan, Big Man vs Little Man
Woods vs Newman, crafty play
Gurley vs Barr and Kendricks, a premier RB vs a premier LB group

The only name missing from all of this is Harry, who I believe will be the difference for us. His ability to confuse, mask, and dominate will help stifle Gurley, confuse Goff and be a huge difference maker

On the other side of the ball you have
The Rookie facing off versus Donald, big test for the young kid
Trumaine covering Stefon, 2 top 10s at their position
Barron and Rudy, one is a big lumberjack, the other brings the lumber
Reiff vs Quinn, another underrated matchup of Pro Bowl talents

The difference on this side, who is going to cover AT19 and which 3rd WR can make a difference (Treadwell and Floyd have great size over Joyner)

The ST nod goes to LA as they have the best duo in the business.

This game is more exciting than a matchup vs the Saints, Lions, Cowboys, or even Falcons

Vikings 31
Rams 23

--------------
I couldn’t agree more last week we faced a battle ship this week we face a real aircraft carrier. Case has to take care of the football because like all aircraft carriers this team has the arsenal to make you pay. Discipline will be the key along with good sound tackling.
----------
Couple of other things that the Viking's must watch for:

Rookie Cooper Kupp seems to have become their possession receiver and Goff loves to go to him. The guy has great hands and is highly regarded for his route running skills.

Gurley as a receiver out of the backfield. He is, or was until yesterday, second on the Rams in receptions and I believe I heard yesterday he was leading the league in total yards and maybe even touchdowns.

The Rams have been using Tavon Austin as a running back primarily this season either spelling Gurley or with both in the backfield. Have to disrupt those plays in the backfield as he's dangerous with the ball in the open field.

The Rams are the only team in the entire league this year that has started the same offensive line every game. They seem to have solidified one of the Rams biggest weaknesses in recent years. Viking need to penetrate their line and knock Goff and Gurley on their behinds early and often.

I feel that whichever team does the best job of putting pressure on the other teams QB and RB's in the backfield is going to with this game. The Vikings have to double up on Aaron Donald on pretty much every play. The guy is an absolute beast and seems to be pressuring the opposing QB and RB in the backfield time and time again.

We already know that the Rams have several things to worry about in facing us too so I don't think I have to spell it all out. I just wanted to point out a few things that I've noticed with this week's opponent while catching a few of their games this year.

All that said.....I am very confident the Vikings have got this. I think we have the personnel, confidence, home crowd, hunger, etc, all in our favor and not only do we send the Lambs home with a loss but I think the Vikings win this one going away. Wish I could be at this one! It's going to be a wild time!!!

Vikings - 41
Rams - 16

----------
Containing the Rams' base D pass rush and forcing them to blitz to create pressure will be critical. The Vikings also need to be able to run the ball well enough to at least force the Rams to respect play action.

This one might come down to star players neutralizing each other, leaving the lunch pail guys, role players, and ST to figure out who's the better team. And it will be the hardest test of the season for Zimmer and his staff.
----------
I hope the Rams forget all about Danielle Hunter too!
cheers.gif

-----------
I think the Rams are built very similar to us on D with a stud or multiple studs at all 3 levels...Rams are a sneaky team...they'll try fakes punts and gadget plays at any time and are pretty good at it...Vikes D and special teams will have to be on their toes for this game.

Key match up the OP listed is gonna be our LBs and D in general containing Gurley and making Goff beat us...we do that I think the Vikes win this one not easily by any means, but I think @Wash was a tougher test. Purple are playing good ball right now and bring it for four quarters...can the rams win a slugfest against a tested slugfest style winning team...just don't think so 27-17 Purple....SKOL
----------
One more weapon that needs to be heavily utilized...... Will Zimmer reach out to the fans in attendance and ask them to start drinking early?

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Comment on Goff:
I am very curious what this guy has got under the hood. He seems soft to me. Kinda silver spoon vibe. If he gets hit often how will he respond?

Ithink he will respond with a loss.

Ummmmmm so I guess the 2016 season didn't happen then ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Here's a look at the Vikes' defense:

18.3ppg against (5th)
3.4 ypc rushing (T-2nd)
213.2 passing yards against average (12th)
25 sacks (10th)
80.8 QB rating against (8th)

This is a top defense at home, where their secondary and pass rush will benefit from the hostile environment and crowd noise. It's a big deal because their weakest area is their pass defense and the home field gives the pass defense a boost. Their run defense is outstanding. Huge game for Jared Goff, and the OL has to deal with Zimmer's interior gap pressure BS where it's tough to identify rushers so comms are key.

IMO the Vikes defense will slow our offense at least at first. That's usually what happens when great defense meets great offense. So my take is the key for us is our own defense taking a lesser offense to the woodshed and flipping the field for our offense. To what extent that happens is the key for us.

I think the Rams are the more balanced team. Hope that shows once they settle in and start ballin.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
7-2 team against a 7-2 team. Both are good teams. But I think Rams are better than the Vikings.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wow their schedule has barely been harder than ours thus far. Seahawks D when we faced them was every bit as good if not better than theirs. I'm shocked they're not taking the Rams more serious, most of them think they'll win but I'm sure the line will be dead even. Shocks me even more their confidence with Keenum at QB!? Their overall lack of knowledge as well. Stop Tavon. So strange lol. And their WRs are good but I'd take Watkins over both of them, he's finally catching up and adding consistency. I think he's finally fully integrated into the playbook.
Just for general knowledge, the Line right now is Viking minus 2 1/2 points! I'm not sure if it will change by game time or not!?!

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
The narrative after we beat them will be " at least they didn't score 45 point on us" :yess:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rookie facing off versus Donald, big test for the young kid

That's sort of underselling it. Arguably the best defensive player in the league against a rookie, a potential disaster. Even if the rookie does okay AD is going to be in the backfield a LOT

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Here's what I dont get, they bring up our "weak" schedule and say that's why we've done so well. So please explain why the Viks have had a similarly weak schedule yet have squeeked by with wins while we've been blowing the weaker teams out? I get being a homer, but Goddamn at least have some common sense. If you cant even blow out bad teams how the hell are you gonna put 41 up on a good team????

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another Dumb Ass Vikings Fan said:
All that said.....I am very confident the Vikings have got this. I think we have the personnel, confidence, home crowd, hunger, etc, all in our favor and not only do we send the Lambs home with a loss but I think the Vikings win this one going away. Wish I could be at this one! It's going to be a wild time!!!
Vikings - 41
Rams - 16

200.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Here's who the Vikings have played thus far:

Saints 19
Vikings 29

Vikings 9
Steelers 26

Buccaneers 17
Vikings 34

Lions 14
Vikings 7

Vikings 20
Bears 17

Packers 10
Vikings 23

Ravens 16
Vikings 24

Vikings 33
Browns 16

Vikings 38
Redskins 30

They eked by some average teams. How are they going to score 41 against the Rams?

This comes down to who has the better OLine, and the more creative coach. I think the Rams pass rush will be more successful than Minnesota's. Thus forcing mistakes by Keenum, and resulting in a win in the turnover battle and a win overall.

Rams 33
Queens 19

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am curious to what they really have? Ok receivers? Ok runningbacks?, and an Ok QB

What's funny is that they have most of the same guys when the Rams played them back in 2015, and they barely beat us in OT with a FG, under the (whats his name) regime...Gosh I hope they take us lightly.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Finally....now THIS /\ is what fans are saying post looks like...confident bunch.

Love it...in their Dome...

If only Teddy was playing....looking at Donald....and a Quinn coming off rest...he probably will get his chance.

I kinda watch this team, cause Barr #55....I really wanted to draft him....I think we took some lineman.....who'll probably be signed by Dallas in a day or 2.

“I think anybody would get a little more juiced,” Keenum said about facing his former team.

Well, Case wants some get back huh?

If this was Williams defense I'd be nervous.

This is son of bums group and we're peaking.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads...ying-before-the-game.52200/page-2#post-986270

Did Mike Zimmer tip his hand about the Vikings’ starting quarterback?

I just think he is ready to go with Bridgewater. Any other player he gives unconditional praise, Keenum he always holds back from a full endorsement.
---------
Gotta be Teddy.
---------
just read this
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/nfl-vikings-quarterback-controversy-case-keenum-teddy-bridgewater-sam-bradford/amp

View: https://twitter.com/theStevenRuiz/status/929959838964207616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-22696921203111172901.ampproject.net%2F1509747505247%2Fframe.html

----------
He can do great but sooner or later I feel he’s going to do something that isn’t so good. Now the problem I have with Teddy playing is the one thing Case does very well. Avoid the sack. He reads and executes much faster than Bridgewater was doing when he was playing. Against a stout Rams defense I’m not really certain that a bit more accuracy is going to be better than Case’s ability to avoid the sack.
----------
I am a huge Teddy fan and think he is our future but hot is hot and he knows a lot of the Rams defensive players strengths and weaknesses.
-----------
I'd roll with Case against the Rams
You know he will want to win that game more than any other. Start Teddy afterwards.
----------
If we can get a "good solid victory" against the Rams
It doesn’t matter who is quarterback. We would be unstoppable.
----------
The Hot Hand
It really doesn’t matter to me which player is a starter, but you do have to play streaks. Keenum would be the guy to ride until his streak is over. We’ve been on a run with him, don’t mess with the chemistry. Teddy is still catching up, give him extra reps in practice. When the streak’s over, move to Teddy (the streak can be over in the middle of a game). Right now, Keenum deserves to play, the offense has a certain rhythm going. This is no slight on Teddy, it affords him more time.

But, make no mistake, Teddy Bridgewater is this team’s starting QB.
---------
The two ints were brutal though.
first half he was balling.
---------
Case Keenum is the best backup QB in the league
But everybody wants to see Teddy. Me too!

Thielen, Diggs and OL make any QB better. If Teddy can still quickly read it, it will be OK. Defense will keep it close (hope they will not repeat their performance from last game).

As I said – magic number is 21. If Vikings score 21+ points they almost never lose the game. Can Teddy with best WR duo in the league score 21 points? Yes, I think so. So let see it. Sooner the better.

Everybody in Vikings team will leave everything on the field for first Teddy’s game… Lets do it at home, in the best available environment for him.
----------
The perfect situation;

If we go up my several touchdowns against the Rams have Teddy come in in the fourth quarter for management. If we are losing and it is evident Case is part of the reason get Teddy in there. Either way he doesn’t have anyone to fuss about why he’s doing what he’s doing.
---------
I would not be surprised if TEDDY starts this week, because of all that has been said already about not seeing the field and a lot of Vikings WR really doing great catches sometimes to keep the ball out of the D’s hands. (Except Treadwell). I still think they want to start him against the Lions because it gives him the max healing time between game # 1 and game # 2.
----------
Could just be
Trying to throw off the Rams, one of the hotter teams in the NFC.
-----------
No game film on Teddy Playing, in going on 20 years now The Rams wont know how to prepare.
-----------
Maybe it’s because the Rams know Keenums tendencies so well that Teddy starting is the gamesmanship.
----------
But it's a new coaching staff
They are the ones putting in the game plan, not the players.
----------
True and your probably right
But i’m guessing our coaches are picking Keenums brain about Goff to try and find weaknesses or tendencies in him and the other players that Case knows well.
----------
YES it better be Teddy!

Two simple reasons…

1. Teddy is our X-factor. The risk out weighs the reward. Starting Teddy could elevate this offense to a whole new level, and I just don’t see Teddy being any worse than Keenum. The surrounding offensive cast is a bizzilion times better than it was in 2015 when Teddy was at the helm. We were a Blair Witch Project shank away from the second round of the playoffs.

2. He deserves a start because he DESERVES it. This was his team before he went down. This kids been to hell and back and the very least this team could do is give him a chance to show what he’s got.

Worst case scenario… we lose a game or two. Keenum is still on this team and we can always go back to him. The risk of our offense becoming significantly better under Teddy is so worth it!
---------
Because I think he has a dimension to his game (complex reads, progressions) that Keenum doesn’t. Keenum hasn’t really needed to go past read 1 this season because Diggs and Thielen are winning. But doesn’t mean that is not important skill when you hit better teams.
----------

Could go either way...
Yes, the ultimate fence-sitting here, but I think the comments can be taken either way:

Case starting: He’s looked good so far and they probably want to ride the hot hand against another top NFC team. This is an important matchup – a win against the Rams could eventually be the tie-breaker difference between a home or road playoff game. Zim wants to explain everything to the guys in the locker room, many of whom are likely pro-Teddy. Leaving the decision another couple of days keeps the Rams guessing in terms of game-planning.

Teddy starting: As said in the article, Zim wants to explain the situation to the team and not upset momentum. If there’s a good game to start Teddy, this might be it; the next three are on the road against strong opposition. It’s probably best to let him find his feet in front of a home crowd.

I’m leaning towards it being Teddy but will be fine regardless. It’s not often we get to say that about the Vikes’ QB situation…
---------
The Case could be made to

Start Teddy on a short leash to see how he looks and bring Keenum in if it’s not going so well. Regardless our Defense will need to be on top of their game, the Rams offense is no joke. This also could be a PR thing for the Vikes higher ups ,Teddys big return at home.
---------
Keenum is used to this

He’s been deemed the started, pulled, placed back into the starting roll his whole career. If they roll with Teddy and for some reason they have to go back to Keenum, I think he will be fine. He’s a backup and that’s what he was signed to this team to be.

We know what we have in Keenum. Average QB to slightly above average the past couple weeks. He’s not going to get any better, and he probably won’t get any worse.
---------
A very tough opponent is coming to town, and his value can’t really go up much, but could go down a bit if he lays an egg next week. Pass the torch to Teddy now and tell your agent to start marketing to teams that are ready to sign the next check.
---------
People are so worried about "messing up a good thing"
I get that Case has been getting us W’s. I think Teddy would have won us those same games.

The offense is centered on making short/intermediate throws and YAC. Case has been accomplishing this (at times with some really good catches from his WRs). Teddy was the best in the league at these throws a couple years ago. They are both really good at avoiding pressure and extending plays.

Even if Teddy has to shake some rust off, I don’t think there will be a huge dropoff in play. Our offensive scheme makes it fairly easy to find success.(similar to the Pats system.. Brady leaves and the backups still look great)

Teddy is much better at getting through his reads and he definitely has the stronger arm. The deep balls could be the only thing separating them but honestly Case hasn’t exactly had to fit any of those deep shots into tight windows. He just floats it up to usually a wide open Diggs or Thielen. (Nothing taken away from Case though.. he’s been pretty good at hitting them).

If Teddy comes in a looks completely"off" we can always go back to Case. He’s been a backup his entire NFL career.. It shouldn’t faze him. We did the same thing with Bradford in Chicago.
---------
I think Zim will go with Teddy
You know he loves the kid and obviously sees him as the future. He even said it himself that we’d see Teddy sometime this year. There isn’t a much better time than now.

It’s a huge conference game at home. It’s going to be a hard fought game that could be decided by even a single dumb turnover. Zim is going to put the best guy out there.

The fact that he’s itching to put Teddy out there combined with it being a home game makes it as good a time as any. Zim is possibly just cutting any possible Home Game QB drama off at the knees ahead of time too.

It’s a guarantee there will be chants of Teddy loudly throughout the game. When he enters the field and especially when Case makes a mistake against the best team he’s faced this year. If Case hadn’t made those INTs against Wash, I think he starts but they cemented the idea to Zim. Right or wrong fans are going to be keeping Case under a microscope the entire game.

Also to note that after this home game, we play 3 straight teams on the road. Zim could feel more comfortable letting Teddy work things out in a less hostile environment.

I could be completely wrong too but there are a lot of potential reasons that Zim could call 5’s number.
---------

View: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/930179788639211522?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailynorseman.com%2F2017%2F11%2F13%2F16645794%2Fmike-zimmer-vikings-starting-quarterback-teddy-bridgewater-case-keenum

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am very curious what this guy has got under the hood. He seems soft to me. Kinda silver spoon vibe. If he gets hit often how will he respond?

I think he will respond with a loss.

this person knows absolutely nothing about goff. not that he should but he will find out on sunday.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I think the key is Gurley...we contain him and make Goff try and beat us I think the Purple win. Donald is a beast and Ogletree is a good player and I think they have a high end CB as well....built a little like us on D but a jv version. Like another poster mentioned the Rams have enjoyed a lot of blow out wins...I'm curious to see if we take Gurley away and turn the game into a slugfest can they hang with us....I just don't see it at home.
Oh the humanity......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: