What Seahawks fans are saying before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Q729

Legend
Tired of this Seahawks shit talk pat on the head "you're doing better fellas" garbage like they've always been winners. I wish they'd go back to their shitty AFC West legacy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Our offense makes every defense seem like a world class defense. We are gana get blown out by the rams and the cowboys!
---------
Rams just might have themselves a football team.

I could barely breathe this whole game.

What a game.
This^^ was a great way to end this article!!(y);):D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well they are shecock fans, that alone tells you they are young and not to bright. If they were over the age of 30 they would know that seattle was the laughing stock of the league for a very long time. I believe they still hold the record for most futile O performance, -7 yards for the game. And of course it was our LA Rams that had the pleasure of helping them achieve that record.
I remember watching that game. What a defense. I think they had -10 yards passing and 3 yards rushing. Something like that. 1979?

edit: I had the right year but it was -30 passing and 23 rushing.

I was going to bring that up when people were talking about our biggest blow-out wins against the shecocks. It may not have been score wise at 24-0, but it was the most epic beat down I have ever witnesses by any team.

We ran the ball 63 freaking times for over 300 yards in that game! Astounding!

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
For a little fun - go to 5:30 of this video - that's the shecock game. The whole video is a great watch until about 20 minutes in. What a team and what an amazing effort to play like that through all the injuries and supposed lack of skill players.

View: https://youtu.be/CNDn351EuTA

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I believe they still hold the record for most futile O performance, -7 yards for the game. And of course it was our LA Rams that had the pleasure of helping them achieve that record.

Yep, in 1979. 24-0, in Seattle. We lost Pat Haden to injury that day, and Vince Ferragamo came in and led the Rams to their first Super Bowl. Thanks, Seahawks!

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
This has to be before the season started, right?

Most Seahawks fans are also Washington Huskie fans. I HATE fuskie fans with the white hot heat of a thousand burning suns. They are the most arrogant, asinine, disrespectful, rude, disgusting, and entitled fans in all of Pac-12. If you took a poll of Pac-12 fans, most would lump Washington and Arizona as the worst places for an opposing fan to go to.

I hope the Rams crush them, see them driven before them, and then savor the lamentations of their women.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Most Seahawks fans are also Washington Huskie fans. I HATE fuskie fans with the white hot heat of a thousand burning suns. They are the most arrogant, asinine, disrespectful, rude, disgusting, and entitled fans in all of Pac-12. If you took a poll of Pac-12 fans, most would lump Washington and Arizona as the worst places for an opposing fan to go to.

I hope the Rams crush them, see them driven before them, and then savor the lamentations of their women.
I remember when the Ducks won their first game in I don't know how many years against the Huskies. Their tears tasted so sweet. They kept saying it was a fluke and that Oregon was not a real upper echelon team. How'd that work out for them? Seems a bit like what is going on here with the Rams - if we win of course.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wish they'd go back to their crappy AFC West legacy.
Not until we beat the shit out of them a few times. Then they can head back with their tail feathers between their legs.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139811&sid=9278e66058e354bff356a0b6506914d5

Game Of The Year?

Okay that's hyperbole on my part but you have to admit, this next game against the Rams is HUGE. Suddenly, the Rams are a thing. They started out 3-1 last year only to implode. This year feels different. New young coach that the team is buying into. Goff has settled in to a legitimate threat. Gurley is having a great start. We all know how their defensive front gives us fits.

If we beat the Rams - which I am leaning towards a loss prediction fyi - we are tied with them at 3-2 for first place, and things are looking up. If we lose, the Rams are 4-1 and we are a very ugly 2-3. Suddenly the thought of the division being handed to us is laughable.

So yeah, this is a MUST WIN game. What say ye?
--------
nothing would blow the wind out of the rams sails like losing to the seahawks right now.
--------
With the trouble the Rams have presented the last few years, I wonder how much of it was Fisher? In past years they couldn't beat anyone consistently but regularly got up for and played Seattle tough. I think Fisher considered it a successful year if his team beat the Seahawks.

Now I'm not disputing anything they have done this year. In fact, I have looked for them to be pretty good the last couple of years with the talent they have. It looks like they might finally have put it all together and have the right coach to do so. That being said, do they still have the mindset of completely getting up for the Seahawks game or is this just another game this week.

I believe we have the better team top to bottom. Fisher had a very unique way of out coaching Pete every damn game. How many of those losses the past few years came down to gimmick plays? I think this will be a win as the offense looks to be able to score some points now and maybe the defense has figured out their issues. Time to start the 2nd quarter of the season firing on all cylinders.
--------
I'll go along with "game of the year pre-bye".

A couple reasons I would advise a Hawks win:

The Rams beat up a Colts team to start the year who were playing with a baby NFL QB who also had been with the team for what? A couple weeks? Maybe a month? We posted a nearly identical victory when that QB had been able to work with the offense for a couple weeks and was coming off a victory.

Then week 2 they lost to the Skins. They needed a classic johnny hekker fake punt pass to keep the final scoring drive alive. They gave up 229 yards on the ground that day and had 3 fumbles and a pick.

Week 3 they gave up 39 points to San Francisco. I don't even feel the need to say anything else. The 49ers put up 39.

Week 4, the supposed coming out party win kinda falls flat when you consider two important elements: Injuries and timing. The cowboys were without Sean Lee, nolan carroll, and Awuzie.

Dallas was missing key cogs to the defense and oh by the way, they just played an intense road game on Monday night football, whereas the Rams were coming off a Thursday night game. 3-4 days rest (depending on how you measure it) more than your opponent is going to have its effects.

To summarize, don't expect to see anything different. The Rams are still the Rams. They didn't find magic beans this off season. Their "maturity" will be canceled out by our experience. Book the W!
--------
This will only be a big game if they lose it. I don't see us as a championship caliber team, so to me this is just another game to see if we make any progress.
-------
The Seahawks are a championship-caliber team. Regardless of record and slow starts, top to bottom, there's not a lot of teams in the NFL better than the Seattle Seahawks. Now if they play up to their potential will remain to be seen, but yes they are most definitely a championship-caliber team.
---------
It's certainly going to be a measuring stick of a game for both teams and it's looking like even more of a flip-of-the-coin game than previous years.

Rams under Fisher had a great defense and an awful offense. This year the Rams are by far the highest scoring team in the league through 4 weeks and their defense has looked abysmal under Wade Philips as DC -- totally opposite of what pretty much everybody thought was going to happen this year.
-------
Rams are good. They have had the talent the last couple years, but their coaching was TERRIBLE. This year, that seems to be fixed and the coaching is helping the immense talent live up to its potential. The NFC West is theirs for the taking.

This game is huge, and I agree that this could be the game of the year for the Seahawks. They have not won an away game against the Rams in a while...and that was before they were good.

If the Seahawks can somehow pull off a win, that would be a pretty big statement.
--------
First must-win game of the season? I think so if they want to win the division.
---------
Big game for sure. Losing Avril and Carson was huge, and maybe Lane as well.
----------
The Rams are 2-0 on the road for the first time in what feels like forever..

Given that, I think this game is more important for the Hawks than the Rams. If the Rams go to 4-1 and 2-0 in the division, seems like the odds would be in our favor to win the West (can't believe I just typed that..)

For the first time ever, this game will feature strength versus strength and weakness versus weakness - with both our weaknesses, at times, strengths (ironic that the two best players in this game belong on the weakness sides..).

We're not going to play a better defense, so seeing the offense will be fun this week. And defensively...no offense, but if there's an OL you want to play when your defense is underperforming, it's Seattle's.
---------
I mean, obviously to date this is probably the most important game of our season. Would not say it's must win in Week 5 though. That's kind of over the top. But a big road win (which has sadly become rare again the last few years) against a team with a lot of confidence right now to get a share of 1st place heading into the bye would be great.
------
We need to win this game for two reasons: divisional win, and upcoming opposition.

I really can't call this game. I get that the Fisher vibe is gone from them, and their defense is showing it. I don't think it will be a defensive throttling like they used to give us. The problem is that no matter what the scheme, their DL is still legit and will give us problems. The other problem is that we're getting knicked up a bit. No Avril, no Carson, 3rd LT of the season....

If we lose to the Rams, it could get ugly. Before the season, most Seattle fans were looking at Washington and Houston and thinking "easy win!". Both Washington and Houston are better teams than the Rams, with good DL's and defenses that are playing better than LA's. Pencilling in automatic victories here is short sighted and homeristic.

If we drop the Rams game, and one of either the Redskins or Texans games, we're looking at 9-7. The way this team has played so far, can we expect us to honestly play better vs. Arizona, a team we've barely squeaked by or straight up lost to the last two years ?

Can we just expect a road win in SF when we barely beat them up here ?

I'm not being pessimistic, these are honest questions that looking at how our roster has played, I just can't answer.
---------
I believe this is the game that kicks start the season for us. I'm not saying it will be easy, but I believe that it will be a tough dog fight (similar to a few years back with San Francisco) that will come down to the wire. Imo.
---------
Statement game for both teams IMO. Seahawks finally showing some life going into LA to beat a team who traditionally gives them problems. Rams wanting to prove their record isn't a fluke and can hang with the big dogs.
-------
My opinion on the Rams is yes they're better coached and playing much better than the usual dumpster fire franchise that they were under Fisher.............but they also caught these early game opponents by surprise with their new scheme changes on offense.

So I'm glad we're playing them in week 5, and not 2 or 3. There's now a good body of playcalling work for our defense to scheme for. Should be very beneficial.

As far as the Ram's "vaunted defense", it's been garbage this year. I know they ALWAYS give us fits, but they're at the bottom of the league in just about ever defensive category. So this should be a game we can finally not look totally inept against the Ram's D.
--------
Their pass D is pathetic. Obviously their D line is money. Difference this year is it seems like Goff is better than we thought, all that "bust" talk was immature for sure.

They also added 3 good WR's, so they can beat you many ways. Plus, Gurley is damn good too.
--------
Gurley is the key this year. McVay really figured out how to use him, and it wasn't just continuing to run into 8-9 man boxes like Fisher tried to do. McVay is really doing a fantastic job of moving Gurley around, rolling him out into pass formations and using a lot of motion, etc.

Smart.
-------
Yep, Hawks will need to put up a 30 burger on Sunday
--------
I still believe JF was the key reason we struggled against that team. Look at the first game of the season last year with JF vs the last game without him. We have never really had a home field advantage on them so you can throw that out as why we dominated them 24-3.

Look at Goff's numbers in that game. This was without ET as well. I also don't believe Rams have established any type of home field advantage yet in their temporary LA home. There's a reason why the spread is so low and will be even lower come kickoff. This is a very winnable game for us.
--------
The Rams have had arguably the easiest schedule thus far in the NFL. They lost to the only team they've played with a decent defense in the 'skins. Their defense has been giving away points like Arby's gives away food poisoning. The Seahawks should win this game. That said.... Aaron Donald.
-------
Goff has improved but no way is he Brady or Rodgers where you prepare to score 30 minimum to win. The Rams will get 20 or so but that defense is pretty bad for some reason so the Seahawks should be able to put at least 30 on them.

This is a winnable game.
-------
It's the NFL, every game is a winnable game.

My hope is that without Carson, Pete will let Russell air out out a little more using Prosise and McKissic with some more dynamic playcalling.

Rather than what we usually try to do against the Rams, max protect Russell and run the ball into 9 man fronts for - 3 yards for the entire first half wearing out our defense once again.
------
We've had starting DBs out in the past few games, and our depth in the secondary isn't great - when all the starters are healthy, our secondary is better than our front 7.

Our issue is LB. Ogletree and Barron, thus far, aren't fairing well. We got burned by the Niners passing game IMO because we were trying to overcompensate to stop the run. Our pass D against the Colts, Redskins and Cowboys wasn't too bad. Our run D against the Skins and Cowboys was AWFUL. Run D against the Niners was pretty good.

I'm hoping these are just breakdowns from learning a new scheme. But I don't like Barron as a MLB in a 3-4, and I would prefer Ogletree as the 2nd best MLB in a 3-4.

On top of that, we've shown little pass rush aside from Donald and the occasional blitzer. Quinn and Barwin haven't looked too great at OLB. Even in some of the coverage breakdowns defensively it's been Barron and Ogletree I see chasing WRs/RBs down because they missed an assignment. - Ramfan128
-------
Well, clearly you guys are on the rise, and the new coach seems to know how to use his guys correctly. Donald is a flat out beast.
-------
Since this is strength against strength, I'll go with our defense over their offense. That said, we'll probably have to score at least 30 to make it a game.
------
I have a feeling that Cooper Kupp will give us fits. I watched him for years at EWU and he is a very smart/crafty receiver. Goff seems to have good chemistry with him and he's exactly the type of receiver to exploit the holes in our scheme.
-------
Last year was Last year. JF is nowhere near this LA Rams team and outside of the special team coach none of his coaching staff is either. This Rams team has completely overhauled itself from last years team with new coaches and many new players. The approach of this team is much more aggressive and attack and isnt comfortable to just slug things out and trade field position like JF teams.

They are aggressive and playing to win and overcame an 8 point Cowboy lead on the road. The Seahawks can win this game and keep pace with the Rams but they are NOT playing JF coached teams.

Some could find solace with that considering JF ability to cause the Seahawks to struggle. I would be concerned because this Rams team as currently structured is designed to beat teams besides Seattle. Remember when the Hawks would lose to the Rams and say well its because they are playing us like its their superbowl.

This years version of the Rams is playing every game like its their superbowl so win or lose on Sunday they are still going to show up the following week. For that reason alone any comparisons to this years Rams teams and the JF coach Rams teams should be taken with a grain of salt.
-------
I'd say it's close to must win.

Mainly because we failed to win against either GB or Tennessee. Losing to the Rams puts us on a similar 3-3 track we suffered through 2015. We succeeded by having a really good final 10 games. But it still resulted in us being a wild card team.

Losing puts us 2 games down to a division rival that appears to be in a position to not lose the rest of their games at a staggering pace. Seattle needs this game badly. Because there are other good teams still left on this schedule and at some point we are going to have to win some of these tough matchups to offset the tough ones we already dropped.

There are six 3-1 teams in this conference. Another six are 2-2. Of the 2-2 teams, Seattle has the best points differential in the conference and better than half of the 3-1 teams currently.

Oddly, the Rams have allowed the most points of any team in our conference to go with their conference leading points differential. The championship run is kind of starting early this year. 10 wins may not assure a postseason berth. Seattle needs to start making their move now.
-------
This is a huge game. We have all the reasons to need to win and cannot afford to chalk this up as an OK loss due to a "slow start." We need and should bring our best game. This game will clear up a lot of questions
--------

bluecoconuts

Legend
I hope they judge us off of last year. Hope the coaches do to. Key up that 2016 footage, Pete, it's super duper relevant.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Let's kick things off with an oldie but a goody from July 10th of this year. Let's hope we can make them eat these words.
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/7/10/15914616/nfl-st-louis-los-angeles-rams-nfc-factory-of-sadness

The Rams are the NFC’s Factory of Sadness
by Mookie Alexander

2810348.0.jpg

The last time the Rams were actually good, and they still didn’t win a playoff game that year.
Photo by Elsa/Getty Images

The post-expansion NFC West wrapped up its fifteenth year of existence last season, and the team with the most division titles (8), playoff appearances (11), Super Bowl appearances (3), and Super Bowl wins (1) is the Seattle Seahawks. Would anyone like to take a guess as to which team has the fewest of everything I’ve just mentioned? If you picked the St. Louis-turned-Los Angeles Rams, congratulations.

If the Cleveland Browns are the NFL’s Factory of Sadness, then the Rams have at least been the NFC equivalent for more than a decade. This was once the Greatest Show on Turf, for crying out loud! Let’s run down some incredible facts about their long stretch of futility:

The last time the Rams made the playoffs was in 2004-05, with a record of 8-8 and a point differential of -73. Only the Bills and Browns have failed to make the postseason at least once during that span, so the Rams have the longest drought for any NFC team.

In that same season, the Rams memorably swept the Seahawks and eliminated them in the wild card round, which is their most recent playoff win. They scored seven touchdowns in their two games at Seattle and averaged 30 points. The Rams have only managed ten touchdowns in their twelve trips to Seattle since the 2005-06 season, and have scored no more than 23 points in any of these games.

The Rams’ last division-winning season was in 2003-04 and quickly ended in a 29-23 double overtime home loss to the Carolina Panthers. This means that their last home playoff win was in 2001-02, back when the Seahawks were in the AFC West and the Arizona Cardinals were somehow in the NFC East.

In the 32-team era, the Rams have managed just one season with a winning record (12-4 back in 2003-04), which is the fewest in the NFL. That’s right, even the Bills and Browns have had at least two.

View: https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/881313262696112129?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F2017%2F7%2F10%2F15914616%2Fnfl-st-louis-los-angeles-rams-nfc-factory-of-sadness

View: https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/881314331421536256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F2017%2F7%2F10%2F15914616%2Fnfl-st-louis-los-angeles-rams-nfc-factory-of-sadness

The Rams haven’t been three games above .500 since October 2006, when they were 4-1. To add to that, the Rams haven’t been over .500 at any point during the month of December since 2003.

From 2007-2009, the Rams racked up an incredibly pathetic record of 6-42. For comparison, the Lions went 9-39 in the same time span, although 7 of those wins came in 2007 and none in 2008.

Offensive DVOA ranking by season (2005-2016) during their playoff drought: 20th, 14th, 31st, 32nd, 32nd, 30th (Bradford era begins), 32nd, 21st, 22nd, 25th, 29th, 32nd (Goff era begins)

The Rams have been shutout six times since 2005. Only the Raiders (7) have been held to a goose egg on the scoreboard more than them.

A complete history of Rams starting quarterbacks after Kurt Warner had seen his best days in St. Louis end during the 2002 season: Marc Bulger, Jamie Martin, Scott Covington (Who?), Chris Chandler, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Gus Frerotte, Brock Berlin, Trent Green, Kyle Boller, Keith Null, Sam Bradford, A.J. Feeley, Kellen Clemens, Austin Davis, Shaun Hill, Nick Foles, Case Keenum, Jared Goff.

In 2006, Sunday Night Football on NBC became the marquee primetime game of the week, lessening the value of ESPN’s Monday Night Football. The only time the Rams have featured on SNF on NBC is the 2010 week 17 game against the Seahawks, which was flexed into an otherwise empty slot. Cleveland (2008), Buffalo (2007), and Jacksonville (2008) are the only other teams who’ve only made one regular season appearance on the network.

Of course, as mediocre-to-laughably awful as this franchise has been, they have given the Seahawks a few scares and caused the occasional upset victory. They could’ve had a couple more unlikely wins if not for these Rams-ian failures.

giphy_downsized_large__4_.gif

LgKv2p.gif

giphy.0.gif

View: https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/880807707028205568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fieldgulls.com%2F2017%2F7%2F10%2F15914616%2Fnfl-st-louis-los-angeles-rams-nfc-factory-of-sadness

One day, the Rams will be good again (and so will the Bills, Browns, and Jaguars). I know there will be jokes in the comments that this will most certainly not be the case, but no team just stays a singular way forever, except the Patriots, who will probably at least make the Super Bowl with Hologram Belichick and a 97-year-old Tom Brady at QB. For now, just enjoy their incompetence and hope that they stay locked in the cellar.
----------
I doubt their 5 year stretch where they set a record with 15win
Will ever be broken
-------
10 straight losses to Seattle, '05 through '09. And then only one win in 2010, followed by getting swept in '11. So, 13-1 from 2005-2011...
I don’t care how close some games were, that’s awful.
--------
Or is it just some more Jeff fisher, 7-9 bullcrap???
-------
The Rams are doomed for at least another decade.

They swung for the fences with Goff, and hit a popup. The rest of the offense is horrible, with the only hope being an injured running back with one decent season. The defense has about three decent players.

Los Angeles is the worst possible spot for them. LA fans are cruel and fickle, and won’t come to their games. There is no such thing as a lovable loser in that town- when the Clippers were crappy, people only went to see them because the tickets were cheaper than the Lakers, who toyed with them (as the Hawks will toy with the Rams minus Fisher, whose only skill was miraculously beating the Seahawks). NFL cameras will need to either photoshop or avoid crowd shots altogether, as the shiny new stadium will become a giant empty beer parlor.

I don’t feel sorry for them. Somebody has to be on the bottom in the NFL, and maybe they’ll become lovable losers like the Browns or the Cubs. Yeah, right, in Los Angeles. At least the players won’t suffer, since they know right away they suck. And LA comes in handy here: lots of young good looking women, who love football players whether they win or not.
------
I think you are possibly right, but you can't just waive off Goff. He has a long way to go to prove his rookie year was just a steep curve, but it isn't impossible that he turns out to be decent.
------
It's certainly possible, but Goff has had some record-setting levels of futility so far

That said, there’s no such thing as being doomed for the next decade. They could easily end up sucking for that long, but it’s far from inevitable, and would require more terrible decisions on their part.
------
"The last time the Rams won a home playoff game was a few months after the Mariners' last playoff appearance." is a line I wanted to write

But I had mercy.
---------
Since realignment, the Seahawks lead the series 20-11. Sure, the Rams have recently given the Seahawks trouble but they hardly own them. Do you know the score of the last meeting? Give you a hint: the Rams got stomped.

In large part due to their rookie quarterback being historically bad. More importantly, I would rather get swept by the Rams and win the division than be below .500 and split with the division winner. That’s just me though.
---------
I would rather have the sadness of consistent 10+ win seasons with a franchise QB than being a laughing stock who happens to steal a couple wins each year.
-------
the reason I am personally happy that Fisher is gone is that hopefully it means the Rams won’t be so dirty. I’m hoping the new staff keeps them on the up and up. They have talent on defense and Phillips is a legend but that offense won’t be magically good over night.

Gurley lacks vision, the line isn’t exactly great (something we know all about), Goff looked abysmal, and his targets aren’t exactly scaring anyone. Goff could improve of course but it would have to be a truly remarkable change for them to be good this year. They will eventually be good again but I wouldn’t count on this year.

What a bunch of morons , reminds me why i hate that team . Like i need a reminder. I hope to god we smash their heads .

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I remember watching that game. What a defense. I think they had -10 yards passing and 3 yards rushing. Something like that. 1979?

edit: I had the right year but it was -30 passing and 23 rushing.

I was going to bring that up when people were talking about our biggest blow-out wins against the shecocks. It may not have been score wise at 24-0, but it was the most epic beat down I have ever witnesses by any team.

We ran the ball 63 freaking times for over 300 yards in that game! Astounding!
I just checked, and I believe you are right, this was the most "Epic Beat-Down" of the Hag's!
Score wise the Game, the game on Halloween in 1976 was Bigger, 45-6, but the SeaChickens managed 186 yards passing and 50 yards rushing. So the Beat-Down w/ only -30 Passing and 23 Rushing, to me, is far Sweeter!!
Wouldn't it be nice to have the 1976 score with the 1979 stats this time around!!(y):LOL::D

nighttrain

Legend
Credit to @Billy Baroo for finding this one. (y)

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=139565&sid=abf4ed6ea3129478d9c68323fb256798

I hope the coaches are watching Dallas

They are effectively blocking and running against the Rams. They look like they are doing a lot of trap blocking. Goff looks better definitely than last year. I do not like Dallas but I want them to pound the Rams. I will be going to next week's Rams-Seahawk game.
---------
You do realize that the Cowboys' offensive line is immeasurably better than ours, right? Simply watching the game isn't going to give us better players.
---------
Absolutely, but now the Rams have an offense. We are in deep doo doo with our tick poor line.
---------
I hope the coaches are watching how to play offense
---------
I hope they are watching, and learning how to game plan for a specific opponent.

I’m tired of watching them do the same thing no matter who they play.

It worked for a couple of years but won’t continue.
---------
Where did the Rams defense go this year????
---------
Rams are winning...this team looks for real this year.
--------
Rams look impressive
--------
Wow, I left for an hour and came back to this. I am now starting to get worried about these guys. I am glad this was not my pickem this week.
---------
Showdown next week for the division imo
---------
I hope they are not watching the Cowboys. To show them how to not play any defense? Cowboys have been good on defense most of the year but have completely fallen apart without their QB of the defense Sean Lee.

I've said it many times, but our two most important players on the defense are ET3 and Wagner. We need to have our middle linebacker.
--------
Rams are officially back! Hawks won't be able to continue the slow starting ways
---------
I miss fischer
---------
yep, we all knew it could be trouble, when fisher left...
---------
Dallas is about what I expected ..Tougher schedule,weak D and Offensive line is not last years line.
The Rams I could tell was going to be better.The D is not as good so I'm glad.
Any Cowboy loss makes me happy!
-------
But too bad. Our offense makes every defense seem like a world class defense. We are gana get blown out by the rams and the cowboys!
---------
Rams just might have themselves a football team.

I could barely breathe this whole game.

What a game.
I miss fischer

my fav

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139811&sid=9278e66058e354bff356a0b6506914d5

Game Of The Year?

Okay that's hyperbole on my part but you have to admit, this next game against the Rams is HUGE. Suddenly, the Rams are a thing. They started out 3-1 last year only to implode. This year feels different. New young coach that the team is buying into. Goff has settled in to a legitimate threat. Gurley is having a great start. We all know how their defensive front gives us fits.

If we beat the Rams - which I am leaning towards a loss prediction fyi - we are tied with them at 3-2 for first place, and things are looking up. If we lose, the Rams are 4-1 and we are a very ugly 2-3. Suddenly the thought of the division being handed to us is laughable.

So yeah, this is a MUST WIN game. What say ye?
--------
nothing would blow the wind out of the rams sails like losing to the seahawks right now.
--------
With the trouble the Rams have presented the last few years, I wonder how much of it was Fisher? In past years they couldn't beat anyone consistently but regularly got up for and played Seattle tough. I think Fisher considered it a successful year if his team beat the Seahawks.

Now I'm not disputing anything they have done this year. In fact, I have looked for them to be pretty good the last couple of years with the talent they have. It looks like they might finally have put it all together and have the right coach to do so. That being said, do they still have the mindset of completely getting up for the Seahawks game or is this just another game this week.

I believe we have the better team top to bottom. Fisher had a very unique way of out coaching Pete every damn game. How many of those losses the past few years came down to gimmick plays? I think this will be a win as the offense looks to be able to score some points now and maybe the defense has figured out their issues. Time to start the 2nd quarter of the season firing on all cylinders.
--------
I'll go along with "game of the year pre-bye".

A couple reasons I would advise a Hawks win:

The Rams beat up a Colts team to start the year who were playing with a baby NFL QB who also had been with the team for what? A couple weeks? Maybe a month? We posted a nearly identical victory when that QB had been able to work with the offense for a couple weeks and was coming off a victory.

Then week 2 they lost to the Skins. They needed a classic johnny hekker fake punt pass to keep the final scoring drive alive. They gave up 229 yards on the ground that day and had 3 fumbles and a pick.

Week 3 they gave up 39 points to San Francisco. I don't even feel the need to say anything else. The 49ers put up 39.

Week 4, the supposed coming out party win kinda falls flat when you consider two important elements: Injuries and timing. The cowboys were without Sean Lee, nolan carroll, and Awuzie.

Dallas was missing key cogs to the defense and oh by the way, they just played an intense road game on Monday night football, whereas the Rams were coming off a Thursday night game. 3-4 days rest (depending on how you measure it) more than your opponent is going to have its effects.

To summarize, don't expect to see anything different. The Rams are still the Rams. They didn't find magic beans this off season. Their "maturity" will be canceled out by our experience. Book the W!

--------
This will only be a big game if they lose it. I don't see us as a championship caliber team, so to me this is just another game to see if we make any progress.
-------
The Seahawks are a championship-caliber team. Regardless of record and slow starts, top to bottom, there's not a lot of teams in the NFL better than the Seattle Seahawks. Now if they play up to their potential will remain to be seen, but yes they are most definitely a championship-caliber team.
---------
It's certainly going to be a measuring stick of a game for both teams and it's looking like even more of a flip-of-the-coin game than previous years.

Rams under Fisher had a great defense and an awful offense. This year the Rams are by far the highest scoring team in the league through 4 weeks and their defense has looked abysmal under Wade Philips as DC -- totally opposite of what pretty much everybody thought was going to happen this year.
-------
Rams are good. They have had the talent the last couple years, but their coaching was TERRIBLE. This year, that seems to be fixed and the coaching is helping the immense talent live up to its potential. The NFC West is theirs for the taking.

This game is huge, and I agree that this could be the game of the year for the Seahawks. They have not won an away game against the Rams in a while...and that was before they were good.

If the Seahawks can somehow pull off a win, that would be a pretty big statement.
--------
First must-win game of the season? I think so if they want to win the division.
---------
Big game for sure. Losing Avril and Carson was huge, and maybe Lane as well.
----------
The Rams are 2-0 on the road for the first time in what feels like forever..

Given that, I think this game is more important for the Hawks than the Rams. If the Rams go to 4-1 and 2-0 in the division, seems like the odds would be in our favor to win the West (can't believe I just typed that..)

For the first time ever, this game will feature strength versus strength and weakness versus weakness - with both our weaknesses, at times, strengths (ironic that the two best players in this game belong on the weakness sides..).

We're not going to play a better defense, so seeing the offense will be fun this week. And defensively...no offense, but if there's an OL you want to play when your defense is underperforming, it's Seattle's.
---------
I mean, obviously to date this is probably the most important game of our season. Would not say it's must win in Week 5 though. That's kind of over the top. But a big road win (which has sadly become rare again the last few years) against a team with a lot of confidence right now to get a share of 1st place heading into the bye would be great.
------
We need to win this game for two reasons: divisional win, and upcoming opposition.

I really can't call this game. I get that the Fisher vibe is gone from them, and their defense is showing it. I don't think it will be a defensive throttling like they used to give us. The problem is that no matter what the scheme, their DL is still legit and will give us problems. The other problem is that we're getting knicked up a bit. No Avril, no Carson, 3rd LT of the season....

If we lose to the Rams, it could get ugly. Before the season, most Seattle fans were looking at Washington and Houston and thinking "easy win!". Both Washington and Houston are better teams than the Rams, with good DL's and defenses that are playing better than LA's. Pencilling in automatic victories here is short sighted and homeristic.

If we drop the Rams game, and one of either the Redskins or Texans games, we're looking at 9-7. The way this team has played so far, can we expect us to honestly play better vs. Arizona, a team we've barely squeaked by or straight up lost to the last two years ?

Can we just expect a road win in SF when we barely beat them up here ?

I'm not being pessimistic, these are honest questions that looking at how our roster has played, I just can't answer.
---------
I believe this is the game that kicks start the season for us. I'm not saying it will be easy, but I believe that it will be a tough dog fight (similar to a few years back with San Francisco) that will come down to the wire. Imo.
---------
Statement game for both teams IMO. Seahawks finally showing some life going into LA to beat a team who traditionally gives them problems. Rams wanting to prove their record isn't a fluke and can hang with the big dogs.
-------
My opinion on the Rams is yes they're better coached and playing much better than the usual dumpster fire franchise that they were under Fisher.............but they also caught these early game opponents by surprise with their new scheme changes on offense.

So I'm glad we're playing them in week 5, and not 2 or 3. There's now a good body of playcalling work for our defense to scheme for. Should be very beneficial.

As far as the Ram's "vaunted defense", it's been garbage this year. I know they ALWAYS give us fits, but they're at the bottom of the league in just about ever defensive category. So this should be a game we can finally not look totally inept against the Ram's D.
--------
Their pass D is pathetic. Obviously their D line is money. Difference this year is it seems like Goff is better than we thought, all that "bust" talk was immature for sure.

They also added 3 good WR's, so they can beat you many ways. Plus, Gurley is damn good too.
--------
Gurley is the key this year. McVay really figured out how to use him, and it wasn't just continuing to run into 8-9 man boxes like Fisher tried to do. McVay is really doing a fantastic job of moving Gurley around, rolling him out into pass formations and using a lot of motion, etc.

Smart.
-------
Yep, Hawks will need to put up a 30 burger on Sunday
--------
I still believe JF was the key reason we struggled against that team. Look at the first game of the season last year with JF vs the last game without him. We have never really had a home field advantage on them so you can throw that out as why we dominated them 24-3.

Look at Goff's numbers in that game. This was without ET as well. I also don't believe Rams have established any type of home field advantage yet in their temporary LA home. There's a reason why the spread is so low and will be even lower come kickoff. This is a very winnable game for us.
--------
The Rams have had arguably the easiest schedule thus far in the NFL. They lost to the only team they've played with a decent defense in the 'skins. Their defense has been giving away points like Arby's gives away food poisoning. The Seahawks should win this game. That said.... Aaron Donald.
-------
Goff has improved but no way is he Brady or Rodgers where you prepare to score 30 minimum to win. The Rams will get 20 or so but that defense is pretty bad for some reason so the Seahawks should be able to put at least 30 on them.

This is a winnable game.
-------
It's the NFL, every game is a winnable game.

My hope is that without Carson, Pete will let Russell air out out a little more using Prosise and McKissic with some more dynamic playcalling.

Rather than what we usually try to do against the Rams, max protect Russell and run the ball into 9 man fronts for - 3 yards for the entire first half wearing out our defense once again.
------
We've had starting DBs out in the past few games, and our depth in the secondary isn't great - when all the starters are healthy, our secondary is better than our front 7.

Our issue is LB. Ogletree and Barron, thus far, aren't fairing well. We got burned by the Niners passing game IMO because we were trying to overcompensate to stop the run. Our pass D against the Colts, Redskins and Cowboys wasn't too bad. Our run D against the Skins and Cowboys was AWFUL. Run D against the Niners was pretty good.

I'm hoping these are just breakdowns from learning a new scheme. But I don't like Barron as a MLB in a 3-4, and I would prefer Ogletree as the 2nd best MLB in a 3-4.

On top of that, we've shown little pass rush aside from Donald and the occasional blitzer. Quinn and Barwin haven't looked too great at OLB. Even in some of the coverage breakdowns defensively it's been Barron and Ogletree I see chasing WRs/RBs down because they missed an assignment. - Ramfan128
-------
Well, clearly you guys are on the rise, and the new coach seems to know how to use his guys correctly. Donald is a flat out beast.
-------
Since this is strength against strength, I'll go with our defense over their offense. That said, we'll probably have to score at least 30 to make it a game.
------
I have a feeling that Cooper Kupp will give us fits. I watched him for years at EWU and he is a very smart/crafty receiver. Goff seems to have good chemistry with him and he's exactly the type of receiver to exploit the holes in our scheme.
-------
Last year was Last year. JF is nowhere near this LA Rams team and outside of the special team coach none of his coaching staff is either. This Rams team has completely overhauled itself from last years team with new coaches and many new players. The approach of this team is much more aggressive and attack and isnt comfortable to just slug things out and trade field position like JF teams.

They are aggressive and playing to win and overcame an 8 point Cowboy lead on the road. The Seahawks can win this game and keep pace with the Rams but they are NOT playing JF coached teams.

Some could find solace with that considering JF ability to cause the Seahawks to struggle. I would be concerned because this Rams team as currently structured is designed to beat teams besides Seattle. Remember when the Hawks would lose to the Rams and say well its because they are playing us like its their superbowl.

This years version of the Rams is playing every game like its their superbowl so win or lose on Sunday they are still going to show up the following week. For that reason alone any comparisons to this years Rams teams and the JF coach Rams teams should be taken with a grain of salt.
-------
I'd say it's close to must win.

Mainly because we failed to win against either GB or Tennessee. Losing to the Rams puts us on a similar 3-3 track we suffered through 2015. We succeeded by having a really good final 10 games. But it still resulted in us being a wild card team.

Losing puts us 2 games down to a division rival that appears to be in a position to not lose the rest of their games at a staggering pace. Seattle needs this game badly. Because there are other good teams still left on this schedule and at some point we are going to have to win some of these tough matchups to offset the tough ones we already dropped.

There are six 3-1 teams in this conference. Another six are 2-2. Of the 2-2 teams, Seattle has the best points differential in the conference and better than half of the 3-1 teams currently.

Oddly, the Rams have allowed the most points of any team in our conference to go with their conference leading points differential. The championship run is kind of starting early this year. 10 wins may not assure a postseason berth. Seattle needs to start making their move now.
-------
This is a huge game. We have all the reasons to need to win and cannot afford to chalk this up as an OK loss due to a "slow start." We need and should bring our best game. This game will clear up a lot of questions
--------

Can y'all say delusional? My favorite was the guy who tried to criticize our wins over San Francisco and Indy when Seattle beat those two teams in an even less impressive fashion. What a dipshit (I bolded his moronic post).

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Looking through a couple of their threads just make me laugh. There are some who are really delusional regarding their team. My hope is the Rams beat them so hard that future seaturd players will feel it. I want to see all facets kicking their ass all day long. Leave no doubt this is no longer a team to be overlooked.