What QB Does Davis Remind You of?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Davis does not have a weak arm. The dude can toss it 60 yards in the air. Remember the throw to Quick vs Tampa Bay? Just because he doesn't rifle it every throw doesn't mean he can't. In fact, I'm glad he doesn't. For once our recievers are catching passes. Maybe his "weak arm" is the reason.
Arm strength doesnt mean throwing the ball far....my son who hasnt played football in about 3 years and QB in 4 years can walk outside and throw the ball 55+ yards. Arm strength is more about being able to make all the throws. Would Davis be able to put the ball on a line into a small window on a 25 yard out....I dont want to find out frankly. He did show the ability to fit the ball into windows vs. TB. That is hugely important and has a lot to do with anticipation and timing. The arm strength thing really just means there are probably a couple of throws he cant make (like Bulger) and he has a smaller window for error. He cant make up for a ever so slow read by gunning the ball in there like a Favre or any other QB with a huge arm. But hey, he displays more arm strength than Peyton at this point.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Well......Sonja Henning's out..........

A bigger Pat Haden......

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't see the Drew Brees comparisons...

I see him as a Russell Wilson-lite. Both can scramble when need be, but Wilson has a decent arm while Davis has a weak arm.

That's bloody terrible. Davis can't scramble nearly as good as Wilson and Davis arm is pretty darn average, not weak.

A weak arm doesn't hit Quick on a dime for a 51 yard bomb.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's bloody terrible. Davis can't scramble nearly as good as Wilson and Davis arm is pretty darn average, not weak.

A weak arm doesn't hit Quick on a dime for a 51 yard bomb.

Arm strength doesn't relate so much to distance. Every QB in the NFL can throw the ball 50+ yards. It's about velocity...especially on certain routes.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now we have one of the better Young QBs in the game. He reminds me of a winner. A guy that has won at college and got to the nfl for people to tell him he can't do what he did in college in the pros only to show people that he can. And despite all the so called weaknesses of his to still display passion and leadership and overcome those preconceived weaknesses. He reminds me of a football player that is really enjoying and loving the game

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Honestly I'd have to say it'll between a hybrid of Romo and Brees. With good attributes from both. Hopefully it works!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I think that he reminds me of the type of QB that is perfect for Shotty's offense. A guy that can spread the ball around with touch on his passes.