What NY Giants fans are saying ...before the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://boards.giants.com/showthread...-Giants-Rams-game-Can-Aaron-Donald-be-stopped

3 key matchups in Giants-Rams game: Can Aaron Donald be stopped?

21353671-mmmain.jpg

Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald will pose a challenge for the Giants' offensive line. (AP Photo/Kelvin Kuo, File)

By Dan Duggan | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

The Giants and Rams will square off in London on Sunday (9:30 a.m., NFL/CBS). It's a matchup of 3-3 teams that could factor into the NFL playoff picture down the road.

Here are three key matchups to watch in Sunday's pivotal game:

Giants offensive line vs. Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald

Donald is the most dominant interior defensive lineman in the NFL and it's not even debatable. The 6-foot-1, 285-pound defensive tackle has 35 pressures this season. The next highest interior defensive lineman has 23 pressures, according to Pro Football Focus.

The Giants' offensive line is weaker on the perimeter, as guards Justin Pugh and John Jerry have played well this season. Pugh, Jerry and center Weston Richburg will be responsible for blocking the explosive Donald, who gets off the ball with incredible quickness.

The Giants rank 30th in the NFL in rushing yards per game (76.0) and they have struggled mightily on the ground in the past two games (2.5 yards per carry). The Rams rank 23rd in the NFL in rushing defense, but controlling Donald will be key to the Giants' run game.

Giants defensive ends vs. Rams left tackle Greg Robinson

Giants defensive ends Jason Pierre-Paul and Olivier Vernon are each stuck on one sack after six games. While both players have generated pressure at times, the bottom line is they aren't getting opposing quarterbacks on the ground.

Pierre-Paul and Vernon have an opportunity to exploit Rams left tackle Greg Robinson. The Rams are allowing 2.17 sacks per game and Robinson has struggled.

Getting pressure on Rams quarterback Case Keenum is key. Keenum has been effective when given time this season. When he has 2.6 seconds or more to pass, he has the eighth-best QB rating in the league (106.4). He drops to 31st in QB rating when he has 2.5 seconds or less to throw (76.6).

The Giants have been effective when blitzing, but they need their top pass rushers to step up their play.

Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham vs. Rams cornerbacks

Beckham missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday with a hip injury, but it would be a surprise if the Giants' star is unable to play in the game. Beckham will be looking for an encore to his eight-catch, 222-yard, two-touchdown performance last week.

The Rams could be without top cornerback Trumaine Johnson, who is dealing with an ankle injury. The Rams rank 16th in the NFL, allowing 246 yards passing per game. They have done a good job limiting big plays, allowing just 10 passes of 25 yards or more this season.

Beckham finally broke loose against the Ravens on Sunday with catches of 43, 66 and 75 yards. The Giants will need to keep hitting big plays in the passing game to overcome their ineffective rushing attack.
------------
I am very worried about Eli getting any time to throw the ball on Sunday. Donald, Quinn and Hayes are going to be a nightmare for our OLine
------------
This is the game for Pugh to earn his money. Giants just picked up his 5th yr option. Plus, they picked him at 19th overall. At first, Reese said that Pugh could play OT - no issue with the short arms. When they found out this was untrue, they moved him to OG. So if you are going to pick an OG that high, he better be a good one. Though Pugh has gotten a bit stronger, he's still not a mauler. The way for Pugh to justify that high pick and 5th yr pickup is to be able to neutralize Donald. But if Donald is still able to dominate, that speaks volumes.

In addition, Giants should learn from the Rams front 4. As Rams have demonstrated, to have an effective pass rush, it's not enough to have good edge rushers (like Quinn). You've got to have at least 1 interior guy who is usually a bit lighter, but faster and can penetrate in the middle. Rams have that in Adams. But Giants instead have two 330+ huge run stuffers. You need one of those. But two is too much.
----------
http://boards.giants.com/showthread...ficiating-for-this-London-game-will-be-a-mess

I think the officiating for this London game will be a mess...

So the Rams play "whistle to whistle" - we'll, actually past the whistle, and dirty.

The Giants are aware of the Ram's game, and will now be watching Beckham's back.

The officials should be particularly monitoring all this, and penalties might be enforced early - to keep it all under control.

But wait - how does the NFL sell it's game to the other side of the pond, based on a penalty filled product, and impinging on the physical aspects?

Oh, and it's being played in a Rugby stadium.
------------
Actually ......
The atmosphere at Twickenham is electric and will be much better than Wembley.
The pitch is in excellent condition.
The 80,000 fans who will be there will mostly be fanatical and knowledgeable NFL fans
There is no reason at all to believe that the Refs will do a poor job.
It will be a great game to watch and a celebration for all of us in the UK who are massive Giants fans.
Hope you enjoy it too
---------
Ron Torbert and his team are the officiating crew for the game . They are a decent experienced NFL crew.

Would you rather have Jeff Triplette again?
------------
Do the Giants retaliate ? They might have to, that's why Pugh said something out loud. The league better be on the Ram defense. Fisher and Williams(DC) have both been known to be dirty never mind cheap.
----------
Sorry, but if McAdoo let's the Giants retaliate & draw 15yd flags, then the Giants deserve to lose this game. The Giants have to maintain team discipline at all costs. The Rams know they are not a match for us on an even playing level & have to resort to making the Giants commit stupid Unsportsmanlike penalties to either keep drives alive or negate Giants offensive drives. Our D cannot get hit with any RTP flags.

Rams O is 24th ranked in the NFL & only throw for 220ypgs, we have to stack the box & force Keenum to beat us with his arm, we do that, we win this game. No way should we let Gurly have a breakout game against us. Their run game is only 4yds better than ours 80ypg to our 76ypg. So we need to stuff their run game even more. They cannot win a shootout with us. I say we win 31-20
----------
I highly doubt it, if anything, they will have the crosshairs dead on OBJ & the Rams D, especially their secondary knows this. OBJ cannot allow them to do something stupid to cost the Giants 15yd flags & kill drives. If the Giants engage with the Rams in multiple altercations that cost this team the game, then I will Know for sure that McAdoo has zero control over this team & therefore has no authority to be HC of this team.
--------
http://boards.giants.com/showthread...tand-behind-Odell-Beckham-against-chippy-Rams

Giants take stand behind Odell Beckham against chippy Rams

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...ams-1.12472064

“We know what happened in that game two years ago when we played there,” guard Justin Pugh said. “Obviously they were trying to get after him and hit him, so we have to make sure that we go out there and play within the whistles and make sure that we are protecting our guys at the same time. Obviously we have to make sure that this game is more focused on going out and playing football than fighting.”

But the Giants will be ready for both.

“I mean, they are going to try and stop him,” Pugh said. “By any means necessary I guess is their motto. I watched them on ‘Hard Knocks,’ so you kind of see what kind of mentality they have in those rooms.”
----------
This is where it all started 2 years ago.... Wonder when Odell will explode. good or bad.
----------
OBJ is like that little twerp in a bar that starts fights with everyone and you have to bail him out. I hope the Giants players let him eat dirt to teach him a lesson.
----------
OBJ is a child. He has shown the league how easy it is to get under his skin, which may not take him out of a game, but it will make him more likely to give back some yards on penalties at the very least. He makes it very easy on the defense. Needs to grow up and stop taking the bait. Best thing he can do know is not even hear the defense and let his play do the talking for him. If you get hit late, act like you don't feel it.

He's like a poster on here who tries to get rid of a troll by responding to it. Never gonna work.
----------
You are so far off base on that. Don't know how many games you watch but the Ram game 2 years ago the Rams gave him cheap shots all day and not a single Giant stood up for their teammate. Never have I witnessed a team lay down and not stick up for their best player. And Pugh just stood up and said it's not going to happen again. All you guys want leadership well here it is.
--------
Jeff Fisher and his band of merry thugs...could be interesting
----------
Rams game plan will most likely be to make OBJ kill Giants drives with stupid flags by hitting him late, talking smack in his ear & hoping to get a rise outta him where he will retaliate. Now I'm pretty sure the Giants coaching staff & other players have already told him to be ready for the Rams antics & to just ignore them.

I will say this, I better see the refs throwing flags at Rams players if they are taking extra shots at him or taunting him. This is a game the Giants should win going away if they stay away from the stupid flags & turning the ball over like they have done in every single game this yr.
---------
Odel is acting immaturely on the field and allowing other players to irritate him. This makes him more likely to make foolish errors in judgement and take penalties, even if it isn't effecting his production. Though I think in some games it is effecting his production.
---------
I'll never forget that game against the Rams. On one play, a Ram defender goes CLEARLY headhunting on Odell. He moves out of the way and the Rams defender crashes helmet first into one of his teammates, injuring them both.

One of the best ****ing examples of karmic justice I've ever seen. I was laughing and hollering in my living room.

Let's hope that if anyone goes headhunting this game that they make a wrong turn on their leg and end their ****ing career.
------
As fans, we gotta stand up for our guys too. Support Odell and josh brown no matter what
---------
http://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php/topic,39306.0.html

Eye On the Rams: Breaking down the matchup
Michael Eisen/Senior Writer/Editor

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Giants will try to win their second European game and take some momentum into their bye week when they face the Los Angeles Rams Sunday in Twickenham Stadium in London. Both teams are 3-3, but the Giants defeated Baltimore last week, while the Rams have lost two games in a row to Buffalo and Detroit.

In 2007, the Giants were the first NFL team to win a regular-season game outside North America when they defeated the Miami Dolphins, 13-10, in the inaugural International Series game.

>> KEYS TO VICTORY VS. RAMS

The Giants have won their last six games against the Rams dating back to 2002, but trail in the all-time regular-season series, 25-15. The postseason series is tied, 1-1.

What is the Rams’ biggest strength?

An extremely disruptive defense. The unit’s numbers aren’t particularly impressive – Los Angeles is 17th in the league in both yardage and points allowed – but the unit has come up big when it counted, getting late stops to clinch victories in one-possession games vs. Seattle, Tampa Bay, and Arizona. The Rams’ formula for victory is to unleash a swarming defense that keeps points down, generates turnovers, and find a way to pull it out in the fourth quarter.

What player is key to the Rams’ offense?

The Rams like to feed the ball to running back Todd Gurley. The second-year pro is tied for third in the NFL with 119 rushing attempts. But they have accounted for just 346 yards, a 2.9-yard average. He has run for 100 yards just once in the last 14 games (but he still rushed for 1,108 yards as a rookie despite missing two games).

When he gets untracked, so does the entire offense because Gurley puts the Rams in favorable down and distance situations, which enables them to take shots deep down the field. Gurley is big, strong and fast, and can catch the ball out of the backfield.

What is the strength of the Rams’ offense?

Talented skill players. In addition to Gurley, the Rams line up with wide receivers Tavon Austin, Kenny Britt, and Brian Quick, and tight end Lance Kendricks. That group can give any defense headaches. And while quarterback Case Kessum is supposed to be keeping the seat warm for No.1 overall draft choice Jared Goff, he completed 27 of 32 passes (84.4 percent) for 321 yards and three touchdowns for a 126.7 passer rating last week vs. the Lions.

>> GIANTS VS. RAMS STORYLINES

What player is key to the Rams’ defense?

Tackle Aaron Donald, who is playing as well as any defensive player in the league. Though not particularly big at 6-1 and 285 pounds, Donald leads the NFL with 15 quarterback hits and 37 total pressures, and the team with 3.0 sacks. He has uncommon quickness, athleticism and explosiveness, and though is left tackle, Donald lines up anywhere he chooses along the defensive front. Donald is arguably the NFL’s most disruptive defender.

What is the strength of the Rams’ defense?

The Donald-led defensive line – when everyone is healthy, which hasn’t been the case lately. In right end Robert Quinn and Donald, the Rams have two of the NFL’s dominant pass rushers. Quinn missed the last two games with a shoulder injury, but has practiced this week and hopes to face the Giants. He has excellent speed off the edge and is the master of the strip sack.

Left end William Hayes missed two games with an ankle injury before returning last week in Detroit. Right tackle Michael Brockers, who does the dirty work inside, is battling a thigh injury. Reserve end Ethan Westbrooks has been a consistent pass rusher.

What player is key to the Rams’ special teams?

Two-time Pro Bowl punter Johnny Hekker. A field-changer, he leads the NFL with 16 punts down inside the 20-yard line, and his 43.3-yard net average is sixth in the league. Special teams coordinator John Fassel is not afraid to attempt the unusual to give his players an advantage.

Based on the scouting report, the Giants must do this to win:

Protect Eli Manning. Then Rams’ defensive linemen can harass opposing quarterbacks with a force and relentlessness that few other units can match, and dominate a game by themselves.

Statistic you should know:

Since 2013, Quinn has forced 17 fumbles, far more than any other NFL player.
------------
Geez.

That article makes the Rams sound like a really good team.

Looks like a game that might be decided by turnovers (or absence thereof).
--------
The Rams and the Giants have some similarities from the Offensive and Defensive scores to their record but beyond that. The Rams have a disruptive Defensive Line and a key player in Aaron Donald. The Rams have struggled in Running the ball with an average of 3.1 yards per game and do not have a runner with a 100 yard game.

The stats of Eli Manning and Case Keenum are similar although Keenum has been a running threat. The tendencies on pass by direction are similar. The Rams will run the ball more on longer down and distance and the Giants will go to the pass more.

The Rams have given up 13 sacks and have sacked the opposition 10 times. Eli has been sacked 11 times and have 6 sacks total. Britt is big and strong and is catching 75% of his passes. Both he and OBJ average about 16.5 yards after the catch.

Both these teams are going to look to establish the run and put pressure on the QB. Donald can be neutralized by Pugh or Jerry with the help of Richburg. I like the Giant's Defensive Line in limiting Gurley. I like the Giant's Secondary and the way the Linebackers played last game. Keenum doesn't often stretch the field for over 20 yards but that would be Britt on Jenkins and Jenkins is playing some of his best ball right now.

The problem with the Giant's Offense has been the ability to get the ball to other Receivers other than Odell for any significant big plays. A couple were to Cruz and they haven't been getting Shepard the ball other than in the Slot. If OBJ is limited or doesn't play they will need other Receivers to step up like Roger Lewis and Tavaris King.

Having Jennings on the field will help in Pass Protection for Eli but they need to get that Rock to the outside so I would hope to see more of Paul Perkins. Like every other team, the Rams will be in Cover 2 and make the Giants move the ball incrementally with the run and short passes and screens. The Giants need to hit Donnell and Tye early between the hashes to bring the Safeties away from the sidelines.

I like the Giants chances on Defense. The Giants can run on this team as their opponents average over 4 yards a game and the Rams give up 400 total yards a game. They need to protect Eli and they can get it done and come home with a win.
----------
Saw the Rams in game 1 vs. SF and they were putrid.

How is it that their defensive line is so dominant, yet they get run on consistently? Doesn't add up to me.
----------
"Britt on Jenkins and Jenkins is playing some of his best ball right now. ".......

isn't the height difference here against our JJ quite a bit?? it gives the WR britt quite an edge.
---------
He's an inch taller than Dez Bryant at 6'3". It is an edge, no doubt. Especially on a fade route. I think they are going to try to get him on Jenkins instead of the taller DRC. Jenkins plays taller than he is. I really don't see the Giants moving around their Corners.
-----------
Drc should be the one who plays against Britt.... He matches up much better than Jenkins would.
This guy was drafted right after we picked ours... He is now producing and our guy is out of NFL!
----------
http://www.bigblueview.com/2016/10/...th-turf-show-times-odell-beckham-aaron-donald

Five questions with Turf Show Times: Beckham or Donald, and much more
We turn to Turf Show Times to learn more about the Los Angeles Rams
by Ed Valentine @Valentine_Ed

usa-today-9613277.0.jpg

Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Giants are, finally, in London this morning as their Sunday morning matchup with the Los Angeles Rams draws closer. Let’s learn more about the Rams from Joe McAtee, editor of SB Nation’s Rams’ web site, Turf Show Times. Joe took the time to answer our “Five Questions” this week.

Ed: If I offered you a straight-up trade, Odell Beckham Jr. for Aaron Donald, would you take it? Why or why not?

Joe: Oh man, that's tough. As good as OBJ is (and as fun as he is for coverage), I'll stick with Donald only because I can't conceive of not having him. Plus, there's a good chance that if Odell were stuck in Fisherball, he'd be half the wide out he is with you guys and I'd hate to be complicit in a crime against humanity.

Ed: What's your feeling on the whole "playing in London" thing? Are Rams fans unhappy about losing a home game?

Joe: Somewhat. I think fans are more upset about losing all the other games (heyooooooooooooooooo). It goes back to something we started covering last year with the leaks that Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead were getting a contract extension: winning football games is not the top priority for this franchise right now.

The culture at the top of the franchise (read: Owner Stan Kroenke and COO Kevin Demoff) doesn't value winning over everything else. There's much more interest in expanding the brand and marketing the team than improving the on-field product. It's why the Rams have committed to sacrifice a home game each of the next three seasons to play abroad.

It's why they marketed the hell out of Todd Gurley this offseason to maximize his exposure ahead of rushing for a whopping 346 yards in the first six games this season. It's why they sought to be featured on HBO's Hard Knocks earlier this year. It's likely why they traded up to the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft to take a QB and then sit him on the bench while some of his peers are starring through nearly the first half of the year.

My feeling on playing in London? I'm relatively ambivalent about it overall. I'm much less enthused that the Rams care more about hyping up the fact they're doing so instead of...winning more football games and offering some shred of accountability when they don't.

Ed: I find it hard to believe that Todd Gurley is averaging 2.9 yards per carry and doesn't have a run longer than 16 yards far. What's up with that?

Joe: THE RAMS ARE UP WITH THAT.

It's a combination of multiple factors. The offensive line isn't great, too often making little room for him to run. The scheme isn't great, too often asking him to run through crowded eight-man boxes or worse. The execution on his part isn't great, too often lacking the patience and/or vision to identify lanes.

Te one caveat I'd offer here is that for five weeks, we said that the Rams had to start taking advantage of opposing defenses shunting defenders into the front to keep a lid on Gurley by passing the ball around them. In Week 6, the Rams were offered the porous Detroit Lions defense and finally did just that - pass around them as QB Case Keenum had a career day going 27-32 for 321 yards, three passing TDs and a rushing TD en route to taking the franchise record for consecutive completions ... before throwing a game-ending interception on the Rams' final possession.

Until the threat of that happening again gets embedded into opposing defensive gameplans, it's going to be very hard for Todd Gurley to product the kind of numbers Rams fans anticipated ... and that the entire NFL machine sold fans on.

Ed: How long can Jeff Fisher and the Rams hold out before replacing Case Keenum at quarterback with Jared Goff?

Joe: Until time mathematically ends.

Jeff Fisher does not operate on a conventional logic equilibrium. He operates in the Nether, the Upside Down. He is the NFL's version of the multiverse, a validation of all of Schrödinger's work, of the Copenhagen interpretation.

Jared Goff is currently not playing and playing at the same time. He is both the Rams' No. 1 overall draft pick and never drafted.

Welcome to the many worlds, Giants fans.

Ed: If you could take one player off the Giants' roster -- other than Beckham -- and put him the Rams' lineup, who would it be? Why?

Joe: Odell is the obvious answer (and Sterling Shepard to a lesser degree) given the Rams' offensive struggles, but as I mentioned before I'm not certain their skills alone would be sufficient to re-align the Rams' entire offensive application. Ereck Flowers would be an option less because of the play of Ereck Flowers and more because of the play of Rams LT Greg Robinson.

So I'm going to go with Kelvin Sheppard. The Rams have moved Alec Ogletree from OLB to MLB after cutting longtime Rams MLB James Laurinaitis early this calendar year. Sheppard would allow Tree to move back outside and help improve the run defense with some physicality the Rams are lacking from the linebacking group.
------------
The Rams SB Nation writer doesn’t seem too happy with the Rams front office and coaching staff.
-----------
He sounds pissed.
-----------
We haven't had a winning season since 2003 - 3K
------------
Yeah its 3K, who some see as just a straight up negative nancy but can also be seen as just brutally honest. I do enjoy the honesty and the perspective on that site. My favorite line is "too negative".
---------
I thought our fan base hated the coach. It’s a love-fest compared to the Rams.

----------
Ogletree is supposed to be a super beezer. Maybe he’s all athleticism and no instincts?
-----------
He's a WILL only

I know they moved Barron to WILL, but I agree. Ogletree doesn’t look physical enough to play inside.
----------
I'm surprised Giants fans are still here today supporting the team after that last 24 hours of "fun"

Seriously though, I think this is the worst of the 5 questions we’ve had thus far. This guy seems so annoyed at his club and Sheppard on top of that??? Yikes…
-----------
Please run against the Kelvin Sheppard wanting Rams

The most experienced LB is Mark Barron, who might be 230 lbs, Ogletree in the middle makes no sense to me.

If you can’t believe there are weaker LB groups out there, check this group. Kelvin is our highest drafted LB, a 3rd rnder.

We run, Donald has to think twice before he unleashes the power. He’s the only scary matchup.
-----------
TJ McDonald is a thumper at SS. Not to sure about his coverage though, but I’ve seen him throw some nasty hits (borderline late/cheapshots). I think he was one of the clowns on the Rams that was chirping at ODBafter the play was done the year they had the brawl. I think he was the db who also blew the coverage where odell took it to the house late in the game.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Keenum has been effective when given time this season. When he has 2.6 seconds or more to pass, he has the eighth-best QB rating in the league (106.4). He drops to 31st in QB rating when he has 2.5 seconds or less to throw (76.6).
There can be no doubt that our O-Line has been getting better at Pas protection the Last couple of weeks!! I think Keenum will go over 300 yards again this week!(y):D ( THIS SHOULD BE AN OPTIONAL BET AT THE ROD SPORTSBOOK!);)
Beckham missed practice on Wednesday and Thursday with a hip injury, but it would be a surprise if the Giants' star is unable to play in the game. Beckham will be looking for an encore to his eight-catch, 222-yard, two-touchdown performance last week.
Just one good shot from TJ or Barron and he gets carried off to the Locker Room!!:boxing::heh::snicker::shades::cheers:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Beckham finally broke loose against the Ravens on Sunday with catches of 43, 66 and 75 yards. The Giants will need to keep hitting big plays in the passing game to overcome their ineffective rushing attack.
This was against the Ravens! Need I say more!?! They Stink!
I am very worried about Eli getting any time to throw the ball on Sunday. Donald, Quinn and Hayes are going to be a nightmare for our OLine
This mans Fears are well founded!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wahhh.

Some of the Rams fans I read redefine the word punk.

"I'm just being honest."
Nah, youz a punk.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
(y)
Giants take stand behind Odell Beckham against chippy Rams
" Good Luck with this^!!:snicker:
The Giants have won their last six games against the Rams dating back to 2002, but trail in the all-time regular-season series, 25-15. The postseason series is tied, 1-1.
They have only played against Fisher once, and they haven't played against a Williams "D"!

Since 2013, Quinn has forced 17 fumbles, far more than any other NFL player.

Then Rams’ defensive linemen can harass opposing quarterbacks with a force and relentlessness that few other units can match, and dominate a game by themselves.
And then there are These things^ to consider!!(y):D

" I'll quit Hogging the thread now!!"

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I see the NY Lemmings have referred to the Rams "dirty" play...They do take some dumb penalties by being too agressive, I hope they get into Beckham's small brain protection compartment (cranium)...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ed: What's your feeling on the whole "playing in London" thing? Are Rams fans unhappy about losing a home game?

Joe: Somewhat. I think fans are more upset about losing all the other games (heyooooooooooooooooo). It goes back to something we started covering last year with the leaks that Rams head coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead were getting a contract extension: winning football games is not the top priority for this franchise right now.

The culture at the top of the franchise (read: Owner Stan Kroenke and COO Kevin Demoff) doesn't value winning over everything else.
There's much more interest in expanding the brand and marketing the team than improving the on-field product. It's why the Rams have committed to sacrifice a home game each of the next three seasons to play abroad.

It's why they marketed the hell out of Todd Gurley this offseason to maximize his exposure ahead of rushing for a whopping 346 yards in the first six games this season. It's why they sought to be featured on HBO's Hard Knocks earlier this year. It's likely why they traded up to the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft to take a QB and then sit him on the bench while some of his peers are starring through nearly the first half of the year.

My feeling on playing in London? I'm relatively ambivalent about it overall. I'm much less enthused that the Rams care more about hyping up the fact they're doing so instead of...winning more football games and offering some shred of accountability when they don't.

Wow!

I sure hope he has this wrong!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember the OBJ-Ogletree fight well. It was a fight that OBJ started. I am looking forward to our defense laying OBJ out.

Also, 3k is a joke. He's on my list of "sportswriters" to never read.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm pretty sure not a single Rams player received a fine after that game while about 7 giants players had to pay up. What are these bozos talking about? Obj was out of control from the first whistle and the Rams retaliated.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not that I know enough Giants fans to have a pulse of what they all are thinking, but living in Giants land, I sure know many. And TBH, the ones I know are pretty similar to Rams fans in their thinking right now.
General thoughts common between the two teams:
!) Aaron Donald is a beast
2) Aaron Donald is gonna be hard to contain
3) Doesn't everyone wish THEY drafted Aaron Donald....

I don't see any hate either, most feel like us, we can win any game or lose any
That said,
Rams win on Sunday
Book it

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember the OBJ-Ogletree fight well. It was a fight that OBJ started. I am looking forward to our defense laying OBJ out.

Yeah OBJ started that and instigated all the grief he got that game but you can't tell Giants fans that he's sweet and innocent and misunderstood. I read most of what they were saying and it all came out "blah blah blah I'm a dirty hoe". Same old tired garbage from every fan base. The Rams play the exact same way their defenses do but we're dirty.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
As fans, we gotta stand up for our guys too. Support Odell and josh brown no matter what

Oh. Mah. Gawd. Did he just suggest that fans support Brown no matter what? Yes he did. WTF is wrong with that asshole.

The culture at the top of the franchise (read: Owner Stan Kroenke and COO Kevin Demoff) doesn't value winning over everything else. There's much more interest in expanding the brand and marketing the team than improving the on-field product. It's why the Rams have committed to sacrifice a home game each of the next three seasons to play abroad.

I remember posting about this when SK took over the team. So many fans were so happy he did because he "has so much money he can buy the best of everything and we are gonna win titles".

Anyone who follows other sports knows Kroenke cares about revenue streams more than anything. Winning it all doesn't matter, as long as fans are in the seats buying hot dogs and soda and paying 100 bucks to park he doesn't care about anything else. Win enough is his style. But lately his teams aren't doing that.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

" I'll second this ^ Emotion!!!"(y)(y)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boys, I talk as much smack as anyone, and think the Rams are better than their record indicates..But that has never mattered in the end...You are what your record says you are. We SHOULD be better, but I am "from Missouri" on this season from now on.....
"Won't Get Fooled Again..." ~The Who

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Boys, I talk as much smack as anyone, and think the Rams are better than their record indicates..But that has never mattered in the end...You are what your record says you are. We SHOULD be better, but I am "from Missouri" on this season from now on.....
"Won't Get Fooled Again..." ~The Who
Man up. If we don't have you talking smack to opposing fans and raining down optimism, then what's the the world even mean anymore?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Florida_Ram I love the Last of your Vid's! I Tried to post it on another thread yesterday but I couldn't get it to post!! It get's me Pumped-Up for Sunday!!! Thanks!!

I'm using Chrome, don't know what the process is on other browsers.

Right click the gif
left click 'image address'
left click the image box(next to the smiley)
a little box will pop up that says 'image'
right click in the box that says 'image URL'
right click 'paste' and the URL from the gif will be there
left click 'insert' and voila

stlbrawl.0.gif

If you know this process already and something else went wrong when you tried to post it, then ignore the above post. Maybe it will help some other member.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm using Chrome, don't know what the process is on other browsers.

Right click the gif
left click 'image address'
left click the image box(next to the smiley)
a little box will pop up that says 'image'
right click in the box that says 'image URL'
right click 'paste' and the URL from the gif will be there
left click 'insert' and voila
Or.

Right click the image.
Select "copy image"
Right click in the message body here.
Select "paste"

stlbrawl.0.gif