Trade Deadline Rumors and Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Also from 11 Personnel:

The reason the Rams offered so much for Brian Burns is that he gets to the QB in 2.0 seconds. The average time for QBs to get the ball out vs the Rams is 2.5 seconds.

The Rams need that pass rush to be able to bring the corners up closer to the LOS.

Obviously they didn’t get him.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Technically we don't but I could swear we will through comp picks.
Looks like the following comp picks for the 2023 draft (before any coaching/GM ones):

Projected 2023 compensatory picks: Two in Round 5; one in Round 6; one in Round 7.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He’s dug a hole and laying in it. Can’t & won’t listen to reason and facts. Deeper and deeper - doesn’t matter. You (& me) are off moving on.
I seriously cant believe anyone can be this obtuse, but here you are
Do you know what facts are?
Rams offered Von a higher annual contract, that alone makes your point invalid
Whatever, I fallen prey to the old adage, "never argue a fool, people wont be able to tell the difference"

PARAM

Hall of Fame
100% agreed. The guy has played at a pro bowl/all pro level since basically his rookie year and is the most dominant defensive player in the league...

yet the fan base chooses to use him as a scapegoat for "losing von" which is completely false...but they don't pass on any "blame" to stafford, noteboom, kupp, allen, or havenstein who all received pay raises/extensions which affected Rams' ability to guarantee Von's salary in year 3 of the offer they made to him...funnythat 3rd year would've kicked in...
I don't think even if they had the money to guarantee his third year, it would have been a wise move to do it. He'll be 35 then and he's already missed an entire year (2020) and was seriously limited with Denver last year. I don't see him being anywhere near his reputation in 2 more years. JMHO.

dang

Legend
This is going to be another Melvin Gordon situation if Hunt thinks he's in a category with Chubb. He's going to be unsigned in May asking his agent why nobody is offering him $8M a year. This is not going to be a year to hold out for top dollar at the RB position with a bunch of talented FAs and a great rookie class.
Hunt peaked 5 years ago. He is a very good RB2. I think he would be an average RB1. So hes likely looking at a contract that pays him average RB1 money.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hunt peaked 5 years ago. He is a very good RB2. I think he would be an average RB1. So hes likely looking at a contract that pays him average RB1 money.
Yeah, he's gonna have a tough road ahead I think. With Hunt hitting the age 30 wall in what would be before his 3rd season with his new team, It is highly unlikely he sees any type of long term deal. He might get a decent signing bonus & some good incentives but would have an easy out after 2 years. It really was in his best interest to have been traded, would have served him well to play for a team that wanted to re-sign him and then use that leverage in an open market

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
There's also a clause in cooks contract stating if he defaults on it in any way like he is doing the Texans can void it entirely giving him his release/cutting him. Would or could the Rams benefit from that and if he defaults and loses the 18 million his contract is totally voided does that still mean waiver wire or outright release no money free to do what he wants? He wrote something the other day about being free and traded and this time he will pick where he goes. Would be interesting to see how the saga plays out and where he actually wants to go. I'm not so sure it's the Rams but you never know.