Titus Young arrested for battery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
He was an asshole in high school.
He was an asshole in college.
He was asshole in the NFL.

He's an asshole.

Why is it animals are rabid, but humans have "mental disorders".

Seriously.

Rambition

Rookie
Has he been diagnosed with something or is this still speculation from the Detroit days. Maybe he's just a punk ass mofo....
yeah, i keep hearing claims that he is mentally ill, but i haven't come across any official confirmation of that. could be either one.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I was hoping that no news was good news on Young, reading this really saddens me, I'm sure I've read somewhere that he has been diagnosed with a mental illness and was on meds for bipolar, which he wasn't that good at taking (who'd have thought and NFL player NOT taking drugs!!)

But seriously, he needs the authority to now lock him away for a year in a rehabilitation / addiction recovery centre - the guy is only 24 - plenty of time to turn his career and life around - 12 months sabbatical - getting fixed. Mental illness is that, it's an illness, it needs treatment and management.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Just read what his father said - could be Cerebral Compression which is a known side effect of head injury and causes severe personality changes - it can be managed with drugs, but often it's an operation thats needed...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
He was an arsehole in high school.
He was an arsehole in college.
He was arsehole in the NFL.

He's an arsehole.

Why is it animals are rabid, but humans have "mental disorders".

Seriously.

Rabies is a Virus that attacks the neural pathways and the Brain, so I guess it's also a mental illness - Animals (and I'm including humans in here) aren't born bad or 'arseholes' as you say...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Some of these answers/responses crack me up....Hey, I was a lot like some of you, man up Titus!
I worked at a SNF at one time. It really was depressing the number of young people you'd see. I expected older individuals. Well, some of these clients were on psych-drugs. It made me sad to see a 32 year old guy, whose leg had been crushed, begging for Ativan. He didn't want to rehab, he just wanted to medicate himself. His mom came by once, she was from Louisiana, and she explained how this guy wanted to come out to LA, so she brought him a ticket, one way, to LA. He was on drugs out there, but became hooked on heroin out here. He was a raging lunatic most times without his meds. When medicated, he was a drooling zombie. I asked his mother about this, and she said he was nothing like this growing up. No one really knows what causes mental illness, that is some can bump head, take acid, whatever and wake up normal & some can't. But the experts know it when they see it. It usually takes medication to maintain a semblance of a "normal" person. Typically, the person affected with the disease is in denial and will not follow the therapeutic regimen. We just know about Titus' case cause it's a somewhat famous athlete. There are thousands of guys walking the streets out here doing the same thing.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I knew there were some serious issues, with him, when he was with the Lions.
He claimed he was a better WR than Megatron. If that isn't delusional i don't know what is.

The fact is, most people wouldn't even care if he wasn't an athlete. Athletes are babied and coddled their entire lives. He's clearly the role model for bullshit behavior and social views toward athlete's.

I'm with the posters that want to know how the fuck his own father doesn't know what his sons condition is called.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
images

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Some of these answers/responses crack me up....Hey, I was a lot like some of you, man up Titus!
I worked at a SNF at one time. It really was depressing the number of young people you'd see. I expected older individuals. Well, some of these clients were on psych-drugs. It made me sad to see a 32 year old guy, whose leg had been crushed, begging for Ativan. He didn't want to rehab, he just wanted to medicate himself. His mom came by once, she was from Louisiana, and she explained how this guy wanted to come out to LA, so she brought him a ticket, one way, to LA. He was on drugs out there, but became hooked on heroin out here. He was a raging lunatic most times without his meds. When medicated, he was a drooling zombie. I asked his mother about this, and she said he was nothing like this growing up. No one really knows what causes mental illness, that is some can bump head, take acid, whatever and wake up normal & some can't. But the experts know it when they see it. It usually takes medication to maintain a semblance of a "normal" person. Typically, the person affected with the disease is in denial and will not follow the therapeutic regimen. We just know about Titus' case cause it's a somewhat famous athlete. There are thousands of guys walking the streets out here doing the same thing.

What's the best way for someone like Titus to break the cycle?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it is indeed mental illness, I'm hoping that instead of jail/prison they commit him where he will be forced to accept help. He still might relapse later - but there's a better chance that he won't be a threat later than if he just goes to prison, gets out, all without treatment. Plus IF he can't be made safe, commitment is open ended, while jail sentences have a specific length.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just read what his father said - could be Cerebral Compression which is a known side effect of head injury and causes severe personality changes - it can be managed with drugs, but often it's an operation thats needed...
Glad Fisher believes in giving players second chances.He also knows how to judge & keep players accountable.
You never want to see things like this for whatever the reasonings. Pettis would know Young well from there days playing together at Boise State for 3 years.

Is it bad that the first thing that came to mind on reading the thread title is "is he going to get charged :ROFLMAO:" :oops:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I dont know if he some mental illness or anything. Regardless if he does or doesnt, hes still a self entitled asshole thug and has been for a long time.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What's the best way for someone like Titus to break the cycle?

Trained psychiatric help...medication with counseling sessions......He'll get clearer, and understand his unique situation. Talking with a Brandon Marshall type would be a great start.....Hopefully, Titus will identify with him.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Get the mental health approach, and am glad society is moving towards more understanding in this area, but......

...sometimes a duck is just a duck. :shades:

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I'm not going to pretend to know if Titus has a mental condition that effects his behavior that needs to be treated with hospitalization or if he should be in prison, I don't know him personally and I'm not a doc or a judge. I'm willing to accept the possibility that a mental disorder that can be treated is clouding his judgement. I am also willing to accept the possibility that this is true of many less famous people who are currently incarcerated without treatment, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's the right course of action for him. I'm naive enough to believe that part of the purpose of a criminal justice system should be for rehabilitation, and if he can rehabilitate better in a hospital than in the pen right now he should probably go there for a spell, IMO.

I do think that he's demonstrated enough harm to others that he probably shouldn't be out on the streets until he can demonstrate he's not going to be anymore.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Wow this is people trying to label him with a disorder because they have to put a name to it. How about he's bought into the Hip Hop thug life and doesn't' give a %$&^. I present you exhibit A, B,C, and D as proof.

Wasn't he hospitalized for mental issues?

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Trained psychiatric help...medication with counseling sessions......He'll get clearer, and understand his unique situation. Talking with a Brandon Marshall type would be a great start.....Hopefully, Titus will identify with him.
I know how it looks to a lot of us: a privileged life and a promising career squandered. BUT -- having never walked a mile in his shoes, I can't judge. Here's hoping he gets the help he needs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I had to double-check the date on the OP.

Deja vu.