Time for a plan B

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Yeah, I got ya. But in my mind, he is a slam dunk at 2. In my scenario, he has to be.

I agree with you if he's not a slam dunk.

However, I think he's a slam dunk at 1. Either the Texans, Rams, or some other team is going to go after him. The Rams being the least likely because they won't offer much. But I think they would offer something.

i'm not going off of what i'm think - i'm going off of the logic and whats being reported that THEY think..

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMO there is no way the Rams trade with the Texans, Clowney is not a need pick, and there are going to be blue chip players in needed positions at #2, Texans take Clowney, no problem we have our pick of Mathews, Robinson or Watkins. if the Texans don't take Clowney then we open up the trade lines, either way we are sitting pretty, why give up picks to move up?

Only if Snisher / Williams really want him. I think they should, but that's me. That's why.

RamzFanz

Damnit
i'm not going off of what i'm think - i'm going off of the logic and whats being reported that THEY think..

You can't believe a word of what they say or leak.

iced

You can't believe a word of what they say or leak.
not when you consider Fisher's history and fondness for pass rushers...

they like clowney - but it's also a stacked position... just sayin' - especially when you consider how deep this draft is... you're not just giving up another pick but really a starter if its 3rd round or higher

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Oh great. First it's the Watkins man love, now Clowney.

Rather have Mack or Matthews myself and no way would I trade up to insure that I get one of them either.

RamzFanz

Damnit

they like clowney - but it's also a stacked position... just sayin' - especially when you consider how deep this draft is... you're not just giving up another pick but really a starter if its 3rd round or higher

People say it's not a need. I agree. It's a want. I want to see Clowney being moved around that line in blitz packages. How do you stop that pass rush? With Williams at the helm?

This 2 pick is rare and very important. You gotta swing for the fences and get something great out of it. And an immediate impact player. That's Clowney IMHO.

Maybe it's just me. I see a shot at great.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Oh great. First it's the Watkins man love, now Clowney.

Rather have Mack or Matthews myself and no way would I trade up to insure that I get one of them either.

Watkins is the little sister. If Clowney won't do it, her sister will. Wisdom of ZZ Top.

tonyl711

Starter

not only that, but you are using your #1 or #2 pick for a player who would be a part time starter, we have a chance to get 4 starters with the 2 first rounders and the second and third rounders, but by trading up for Clowney you give away the second or third rounder, so you end up with 2 starters and a part time player. if we didn't already have one of the top 2 Dlines in the league I would be all for it, but with way bigger needs elsewhere I would rather get a blue chip player in a position of need.

RamzFanz

Damnit
not only that, but you are using your #1 or #2 pick for a player who would be a part time starter, we have a chance to get 4 starters with the 2 first rounders and the second and third rounders, but by trading up for Clowney you give away the second or third rounder, so you end up with 2 starters and a part time player. if we didn't already have one of the top 2 Dlines in the league I would be all for it, but with way bigger needs elsewhere I would rather get a blue chip player in a position of need.

Who would be part time?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Clowney, unless we move Chris Long to Atlanta :whistle:...or unless we stick Clowney at OLB.

Na, I trust Williams to use them all well. Have you even watched Clowney video? He can move all over as can long.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Na, I trust Williams to use them all well. Have you even watched Clowney video? He can move all over as can long.
Yeah that was interesting watching Clowney run coverage drills. He looked good.
I just have a hard time drafting him if it costs us Robinson/Matthews.

iced

Clowney would likely play passing downs , and he wouldn't be on the field as much as say a full time starter.