49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
HMMMMMMM......PFR says he started 9 games and played 42% of the Whiners defensive snaps??? Is that "starter" material?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
HMMMMMMM......PFR says he started 9 games and played 42% of the Whiners defensive snaps??? Is that "starter" material?
Are you referring to Al Shaair? Technical he’s still a starter. He just goes out when they bring in extra DBs. I hope he moves on for a job that gives him more playing time. Anything to weaken the Niners is good.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

man i wish the whiners sign mayfield. it would be good to see him throw behind their receivers all game long so they either don't catch the ball or get blown the fuck up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
49’ers QB strategy:

fox sports 1 win GIF

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
This is just my two cents but Brock Purdy seems like another Jimmy G.

Decent QB and can win with a good defense but I don't think he can put the team on his back and win.

But that's my opinion.

p.s. And like Jimmy G, can't stay healthy for a full season. :)

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"NEVER IN THE FIELD OF FOOTBALL, HAS SO LITTLE BEEN ACCOMPLISHED WITH SO MUCH TALENT."
Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (Speaking to the United Nations about the San Francisco 49's)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Jerry Jones has spoken!! Conspiracy theory.

-Never wish this on a player on his career. Remembering Sam Bradford separating his shoulder on a roll out only to have some Boise state LBEr saying hello.

Saw Jalen Ramsey making a play on Herbert, & after the none fumble sort of made me feel like I wanted to have shot at him.NFL defenses must see those plays & say you need to be more aggressive. -Swear The Rams got hosed a bunch of times.Baker Mayfield had a fumble call that was BS!! Then that not out of the pocket call was HORRIBLE!!
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Seriously man...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What's funny with Purdy is all he's done so far is play with his balls out, having nothing to lose out there in that opportunity. But with a QB as he goes into year two there are expectations that will change that equation. It won't be about him having nothing to lose. It will be more about him proving he can lead an established team to the promised land.

That's a very challenging thing for a year two QB to prove. Good chance he comes up short. Better than even odds certainly IMO.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Seriously man...

Really pisses you off when Earnest Jones makes a tackle at the 50.The chargers end up scoring. Yeah & a hold on J.Williams on that Ekler 50 yard run.

Purdy getting hurt the niner fans were crying about the hit on the throwing arm. It is a close call on when a throw starts & a fumble.

I don’t know how much sports some have seen in your Life. I know the old video of fluke plays.A QB starts forward with the ball & the ball slips out of his hand before it crosses the throwing point for a fumble.

Now The Rules are so confusing you just want to BUST AN ARM!
Deacon Jones style in stead of hitting a QB upside his head.

I saw a lot of those questionable QB plays that really are just that.
I don’t know how much you wanted the niners or Eagles? That play still has niner fans hurting inside.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What's funny with Purdy is all he's done so far is play with his balls out, having nothing to lose out there in that opportunity. But with a QB as he goes into year two there are expectations that will change that equation. It won't be about him having nothing to lose. It will be more about him proving he can lead an established team to the promised land.

That's a very challenging thing for a year two QB to prove. Good chance he comes up short. Better than even odds certainly IMO.

Ask every NFL team what they thought of him coming out of Iowa St. ? He isn’t going to be the QB going against The Rams in 2023. The question is about Trey Lance & his 5th year & The Draft Picks they lost in the trade.

I actually lol - at the pick,but pisses me off they always have a solid backup. Then again Jimmy G got hurt, but Purdy injury once again was very painful for their Fan Base. _— there’s still tissue being picked up from all there crying.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I'm a little concerned. Looks like the whiners might be going all out to make a run at a title this season.

What bugs me is the Rams aren't doing much but I get it that it might be a product of having gone all in to win SB 56, which we did.

I just don't want the whiners to win another title.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So is Darnold the wk1 starter?

Spider Man Lol GIF

Darnold was an odd choice by the 49’ers, IMO.

Wouldn’t Matt Ryan have made more sense? They worked together in Atlanta when Shanahan was OC. Ryan knows the offense. If they believe in either Purdy or Lance, why not get a veteran to work with them?

Instead… it looks like a random mashup of project players hoping one of them works out; Lance, Darnold, or Purdy

Maybe QB selection is Shanny/Lynch’s kryptonite?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Darnold was an odd choice by the 49’ers, IMO.

Wouldn’t Matt Ryan have made more sense? They worked together in Atlanta when Shanahan was OC. Ryan knows the offense. If they believe in either Purdy or Lance, why not get a veteran to work with them?

Instead… it looks like a random mashup of project players hoping one of them works out; Lance, Darnold, or Purdy

Maybe QB selection is Shanny/Lynch’s kryptonite?

Come on CGI - know thy enemy.

First off I’m a So Cal (USC) guy!! Sam Darnold was the #3 pick in The NFL draft. He is LIGHT YEARS ahead of either of those 2 niner guys.

MATT RYAN ? Then again what’s his name is doing a full rebuild with in Carolina (Thomas Brown).
Will be fun to see how he restructured his team.Ryan is DONE & obviously all The Raheem Haters might know Andy Dalton might not be all that washed up? He will be Carolina’s starting QB.
Ryan cost what’s his name his JOB. Not sure about Carson Wentz,but Phillip Rivers did well with The Colts & my guy(RB) Johnathan Taylor.
—Sam Darnold beat out Baker Mayfield & those 2 have a lot of respect for.I’m not a Big Sam Fan & through Covid I thought He was a DICK w/ the jets.Also thought they gave up on him to soon & Tre Lance sucked & Wilson Sucked coming out.

I find it interesting that both Baker Mayfield & Sam Darnold both took 1 year prove it deals.

Like I was told by a poster yesterday.Baker could be a Ram again next season 2024.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Come on CGI - know thy enemy.

First off I’m a So Cal (USC) guy!! Sam Darnold was the #3 pick in The NFL draft. He is LIGHT YEARS ahead of either of those 2 niner guys.

MATT RYAN ? Then again what’s his name is doing a full rebuild with in Carolina (Thomas Brown).
Will be fun to see how he restructured his team.Ryan is DONE & obviously all The Raheem Haters might know Andy Dalton might not be all that washed up? He will be Carolina’s starting QB.
Ryan cost what’s his name his JOB. Not sure about Carson Wentz,but Phillip Rivers did well with The Colts & my guy(RB) Johnathan Taylor.
—Sam Darnold beat out Baker Mayfield & those 2 have a lot of respect for.I’m not a Big Sam Fan & through Covid I thought He was a DICK w/ the jets.Also thought they gave up on him to soon & Tre Lance sucked & Wilson Sucked coming out.

I find it interesting that both Baker Mayfield & Sam Darnold both took 1 year prove it deals.

Like I was told by a poster yesterday.Baker could be a Ram again next season 2024.
I agree Ryan doesn’t have much left, but isn’t it about starting Purdy or Lance long term?

I don’t think Darnold is “light years” ahead, but if competition is what they want… that appears what they have setup here. Every man for himself.

Ryan, instead of a competition environment, would have created more mentor environment for Lance or Purdy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The niners? If you’re asking IMO Matt Ryan is done & Shanny will never get that NASTY Belacheat Brady AZZ Taste out of his MOUTH! He is NOW a 2 time Super Bowl LOSER!!

SO FREAKING HAPPY the niners lost to Philly.Purdy is good story I’m afraid is for real.Who knows.

Lynch & Shanny F””d Up with Tre Lance & got lucky to be where they are now.

Sam Darnold & McCaffery played together in Carolina. The niners New DC is Wilkins. They almost won the NFC South without CMC.
Seems like a nice core. Call them the Mickey D special. lol

Sam Dornold can get out of the pocket a extend plays.Throw the ball on the run & off balance.

Brian Griese is an Excellent QB Coach & talk about football knowledge. His dad is a good college football announcer. There time as Monday Night guys as well.
— The Rams gave there work cut out for them & Shanny got lucky again.
— The Rams didn’t have The Cap Space & Trent Williams & CMC are really good top level NFL players.There defense has another good DC as well.
Shanny has his coaching tree as well. In fact Mcvay & LaFleur (Older) are actually apart of it.
Raheem Morris was the WR/ pass game coach & in Washington.