LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Bought a 27" picture tube TV

Not 100% sure where I'm actually going to put it

yes , my 1970's TV shows look just fine on our 60" HDTV

but........

they look much better on this 27 inch 480 pixel tube TV ,
smiley_43.gif
, the way they were intended

actually wanted to get a actual 1970's TV , with the old 13 channel knob

but , those older TV don't even have cable access , and the later ones that do , you have to do some down scale converting to go from HDTV to analog

plus those old TV's still used alot of tubes , just more things that could go wrong and make it hard to fix if they do

so I compromised and went with a tube TV from the early 2000's . still has the curved picture tube . but solid state ,so alot less to go wrong , plus RCA jacks so I can hook up DVD players and even a ROKU

plan on building a wooden cabinet around it , give it that 70's console look

LoveBoat.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
that one of those Finding Dory fishes ?

It is a tang, but Dory is a Blue Tang. I actually have 4 of those in the tank... mainly because of their Ram Throwback colors.

This guy is a Tang too. Just a different species. In the wild where he was caught, he lives in strong tidal surge areas in Hawaii. I had to add a strong midwater current maker in order to keep this guy healthy and alive. My pumps already circulate over 3000 gallons per hour... but this guy needs to feel like he is in a tidal surge area or he will not live long. The other fish like the added current too, so everybody wins.

Last edited:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Bought a 27" picture tube TV

Not 100% sure where I'm actually going to put it

yes , my 1970's TV shows look just fine on our 60" HDTV

but........

they look much better on this 27 inch 480 pixel tube TV ,
smiley_43.gif
, the way they were intended

actually wanted to get a actual 1970's TV , with the old 13 channel knob

but , those older TV don't even have cable access , and the later ones that do , you have to do some down scale converting to go from HDTV to analog

plus those old TV's still used alot of tubes , just more things that could go wrong and make it hard to fix if they do

so I compromised and went with a tube TV from the early 2000's . still has the curved picture tube . but solid state ,so alot less to go wrong , plus RCA jacks so I can hook up DVD players and even a ROKU

plan on building a wooden cabinet around it , give it that 70's console look

LoveBoat.jpg
That is so cool. Good luck with your project.(y) A few comments from my limited experience with TVs from the '70s. Replacing tubes is easy. So is testing tubes. Thats why those old TVs would last so long. Many times you could repair it without hiring someone. NOS tubes are still available although now you'll likely have to search for a tube testing machine.

I have a mid '60s B&W Zenith console TV with the power advance push button tuner. Tuner still advances. I bet my brother and I pushed that a few 10,000 times each just to hear the awesome sound it made. Still works too. Looks almost exactly like this but again has the power advance tuner.
serveimage

I still have a few AM tube radios I listen to the ball game on in the summer. Love that hum. The sweetest one is a little portable RCA Victor Model B411 AM radio.

rcatubelight.jpg

It takes a B and a D battery.

RCAopenback-large.jpg

These pics are not my radio. Mine is missing the tuner dial and truly looks its age.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
That is so cool. Good luck with your project.(y) A few comments from my limited experience with TVs from the '70s. Replacing tubes is easy. So is testing tubes. Thats why those old TVs would last so long. Many times you could repair it without hiring someone. NOS tubes are still available although now you'll likely have to search for a tube testing machine.

I have a mid '60s B&W Zenith console TV with the power advance push button tuner. Tuner still advances. I bet my brother and I pushed that a few 10,000 times each just to hear the awesome sound it made. Still works too. Looks almost exactly like this but again has the power advance tuner.
serveimage

I still have a few AM tube radios I listen to the ball game on in the summer. Love that hum. The sweetest one is a little portable RCA Victor Model B411 AM radio.

rcatubelight.jpg

It takes a B and a D battery.

RCAopenback-large.jpg

These pics are not my radio. Mine is missing the tuner dial and truly looks its age.
Thats what I really wanted , I can occasionally find them for sale on eBay

but their usually local pickup only , or the S&H is a killer

watching reruns of Bewitched would be awesome on that TV

I love stuff like that , I still have my original Zenith radio and Motorola record player I had as a kid in the 70's

Did buy one of these Zenith Clock Radio's from the 70's a while back , it sits on top of our refrigerator in the kitchen

vintage-zenith-circle-of-sound-alarm-clock-am-fm-radio-model-number-r472

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Thats what I really wanted , I can occasionally find them for sale on eBay

but their usually local pickup only , or the S&H is a killer

watching reruns of Bewitched would be awesome on that TV

I love stuff like that , I still have my original Zenith radio and Motorola record player I had as a kid in the 70's

Did buy one of these Zenith Clock Radio's from the 70's a while back , it sits on top of our refrigerator in the kitchen

vintage-zenith-circle-of-sound-alarm-clock-am-fm-radio-model-number-r472
Sweet clock radio.(y) I love that stuff. I'd bet you would enjoy a console radio from the '60s or '70s. They still turn up and not for much money $20-$75. Still work too. I have a walnut DuMont Melchior console stereo from '63 or '64 that is in great condition other than the amplifier needs to be fixed. Got it for $10 about 10 years back. Still plays fine but crackles bad if volume is really cranked up. This is the same stereo as mine and it has the tuning eye. Scroll all the way down for the tuner.
IMG_20170503_183256.jpg

IMG_20170503_183246.jpg

IMG_20170503_183151.jpg

IMG_20170503_183230-1.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Bought myself a Nintendo Switch! Took a while to save money up, but I just ordered it on Amazon!

CeeZar

Rookie
Not so much bought as won. CZ makes some fantastic guns. The P10 series is essentially based on the Glock design with a few major improvements. I shoot a P10C in competition and may end up shooting this one if I change divisions.

CZ P10F

P10FFDE-R-768x512.png

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Not so much bought as won. CZ makes some fantastic guns. The P10 series is essentially based on the Glock design with a few major improvements. I shoot a P10C in competition and may end up shooting this one if I change divisions.

CZ P10F

P10FFDE-R-768x512.png
I lost my gun in a tragic canoeing accident...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Sweet clock radio.(y) I love that stuff. I'd bet you would enjoy a console radio from the '60s or '70s. They still turn up and not for much money $20-$75. Still work too. I have a walnut DuMont Melchior console stereo from '63 or '64 that is in great condition other than the amplifier needs to be fixed. Got it for $10 about 10 years back. Still plays fine but crackles bad if volume is really cranked up. This is the same stereo as mine and it has the tuning eye. Scroll all the way down for the tuner.
IMG_20170503_183256.jpg

IMG_20170503_183246.jpg

IMG_20170503_183151.jpg

IMG_20170503_183230-1.jpg
If I only had the room

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
and they called it , puppy loooovvveee

been almost 12 years since we've had a puppy , not sure I'm ready for it , o_O

It's A LOAD OF WORK Brudda.

Our new "pup" is now a year and a half old... Thank God. We are so happy the pup behavior is behind us.

They'll train YOU if you allow it. Good Luck!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
It's A LOAD OF WORK Brudda.

Our new "pup" is now a year and a half old... Thank God. We are so happy the pup behavior is behind us.

They'll train YOU if you allow it. Good Luck!!!
And property damage.
Out latest one destroyed two couches, part of a hand rail on the stairs, countless shoes and socks, a dog cage and ripped off two door frames in the house.
Energy!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
And property damage.
Out latest one destroyed two couches, part of a hand rail on the stairs, countless shoes and socks, a dog cage and ripped off two door frames in the house.
Energy!!

I feel your pain. Ours destroyed some expensive stuff too. LOL

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
And property damage.
Energy!!
Does your "dog" look like this?