The 70's Were A Magic Decade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was getting nostalgic for old Christmas teres. Especially aluminum Christmas trees. They were common in the 50's and 60's and for a little while in the 70's. They shimmered and reflected light so brilliantly. The big problem with them was when you looped traditional electric lights around them in the case of a shorted wire. Sizzle, crackle and pop! That's why they used color wheels to light this style of tree up!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLaw68WdGpc

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Look at this video and laugh a bit again at "crazy" things that Millenials couldn't fathom. Watch this one because it better than most.
If you think stepping on a LEGO piece hurts...
try stepping onto the metal Jax toys.... :dizzy:

1707328784188.png

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets add culinary trends from the 70's! This should be in @RamFan503 's wheelhouse. I would love an ice cold Tab soda and some Beef Stroganoff. Maybe with Watergate salad and carrot cake for dessert!

What's your favorite food and drink from the 1970's?

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Don’t know if you had these in the States, but here in the UK the archetypal meal would be something along the lines of:

Prawn cocktail
Chicken Kiev
Black Forest Gateau

All washed down with a bottle of Liebfraumilch or Mateus Rosé.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don’t know if you had these in the States, but here in the UK the archetypal meal would be something along the lines of:

Prawn cocktail
Chicken Kiev
Black Forest Gateau

We had Chicken Kiev (pronounced Kee-ev) and Shrimp cocktail here. We had Black Forest Cake, but don't know if that's the same?

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
We had Black Forest Cake, but don't know if that's the same?
Just googled it and it looks like the same thing. Gateau is French for cake anyway; maybe we Brits are just more pretentious than our American friends.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets add culinary trends from the 70's! This should be in @RamFan503 's wheelhouse. I would love an ice cold Tab soda and some Beef Stroganoff. Maybe with Watergate salad and carrot cake for dessert!

The wife and I are fixing beef stroganoff this week. How about the dome gelatin salad with cool whip,and sweet potato casserole with country fried steak.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I loved me some Hamburger Helper and the Rice-aroni treat!" ~ @Merlin

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Prawn cocktail
Chicken Kiev
Black Forest Gateau

We had the prawn cocktail and chicken Kiev (don't listen to that blowhard @Loyal. Up until the rooskies invaded Ukraine, it was said Key-ev by the entire Western world.) We also had Mateus Rose.

Growing up, my mom used to love to make "goulash". Most of my friends' moms would make goulash too and every one of them had a different version of what exactly goulash consisted of. The two constants seemed to be ground beef and elbow macaroni. My mom's changed depending on what was in the house. Sometimes it had corn in it, sometimes green beans, etc...

I also used to make my share of Stroganoff. If you had ground beef and cream of mushroom soup, you had a meal.

And of course... Ovaltine. Rich, chocolatey, OVALTINE.
Black And White Movie GIF

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We had the prawn cocktail and chicken Kiev (don't listen to that blowhard @Loyal. Up until the rooskies invaded Ukraine, it was said Key-ev by the entire Western world.) We also had Mateus Rose.

Growing up, my mom used to love to make "goulash". Most of my friends' moms would make goulash too and every one of them had a different version of what exactly goulash consisted of. The two constants seemed to be ground beef and elbow macaroni. My mom's changed depending on what was in the house. Sometimes it had corn in it, sometimes green beans, etc...

I also used to make my share of Stroganoff. If you had ground beef and cream of mushroom soup, you had a meal.

And of course... Ovaltine. Rich, chocolatey, OVALTINE.

I noticed that you didn't mention pineapple chicken which was a thing in the 70's!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

My Mom made beef stroganoff and chicken n dumplings back then. Neither were a favorite of mine.

Back then I loved chilli and rice, rice balls with a small bite of meat in the center, fresh poke, smoked marlin, octopus (caught by me), and Li Hing Mui dried plums and shave ice.

Tang was my favorite drink. They used to advertise to us kids that the astronauts drank it in space. I loved the taste. Kool-aid was always in a pitcher in the fridge too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My wife still drinks Tang...