Testing photo sharing sites before TC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Just testing some free sites for photo sharing since I had to rely on George last season and his Photobucket account.
D7_K_6625.jpg

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
N2BwLt4
N2BwLt4

View: https://imgur.com/a/N2BwLt4

Well, this doesn't seem to want to work for me. But inserting a hyper link does work. Plus it lets me edit the text in the photo.

Hmmmm

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
THe first one I posted I can't remember the name of the site but I bookmarked it at home.

The second one is from IMGUR. I may have done it wrong. I know I can upload directly but in conversations with the MODS, they were looking for some alternative so as not to use up too much data storage with all the pics I take at camp.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The above image was simply downloaded from my Flickr account, I chose open, then copied it and pasted it directly to the reply in ROD.

My question is @VeteranRamFan what are you trying to do with this? If you were just wanting to post pictures of training camp, you can do it directly from your phone or you can upload them from a thumb drive simply with the Upload a File button below the reply window.

But if you want easy sharing, large free space, , create specific albums, and ability to edit, I would try out Flickr. I've been using it for years. If you have your photos set to privacy "Everyone" all you have to do is share the link to your stream or album you've created. I need to add a bunch to my Rams stream but here is a link. Rams Stuff

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I go the lazy route. I just choose the files and upload them. I don't bother naming them unless I choose to later.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not in my experience. I have always had problems with zip files. That being said, it has been at least a decade since I bothered with zip files. I'm sure the technology has made them easier and less glitchy. I'm not saying it isn't easier for those who use them. I go with what I know. And Flickr is super easy and all you have to do is drag, drop, and send a link.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So you can upload a zip file into or onto a post here then open it with one of those programs?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
@RamFan503 and @flv . Thanks for the tips. I do have a Flicker account but they are being bought out or aquired and my pics may not stay there with the new service so I'm not using it any longer.

I have a Google Photo account now that is easy to use if I wanted to post a link but I like to provide the photos for our members to see without having to go to another site. You know, just scroll through them and continue on with the thread. If someone has a question or comment about one of the pics, I can just scroll back up and see what they are referring to as opposed to having open another site. Just my preference.

Last year Danny and George helped me out and with the PhotoBucket route that George paid for. I appreciated the help but don't want to burden others with all the dang pics I take (sometimes far too many). Posting them within the thread was a concern due to the numbers I was posting and the storage space being taken up by them.

The first pic I posted here I used Postimage.org. That seemed to work fairly easy. I need to go back and re-read Flv post on how to do this simpler. Something got lost in the translation to my brain. Could be the Scotch.

Thanks again guys. Let me play with it a bit.

VR

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XKVCmNSM3T7jBuvt2
Link to Google Photo ROD test album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XKVCmNSM3T7jBuvt2
Direct paste of web address.

Well, I think I have found the answer. Google Photos uploads my pics very quickly and then I'll post the link in the thread. That will be much quicker than uploading to a site and then posting each pic individually.

That was a problem last year as I'm busy doing all this computer work and others are posting pics and info from camp and I'm bringing up the rear.
XKVCmNSM3T7jBuvt2

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
IMG_1071.jpg
IMG_1061.jpg
IMG_1071.jpg
IMG_1061.jpg