Terrell Owens: It’s a “joke” I’m not on the field

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Delusional: characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument.

aid1333243-v4-728px-Recognize-Delusional-Disorders-Step-9.jpg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/30/terrell-owens-its-a-joke-im-not-on-the-field/

Terrell Owens: It’s a “joke” I’m not on the field
Posted by Charean Williams on August 30, 2017

116608766-e1504136090289.jpg

Getty Images

Terrell Owens always was in the best of shape. He has that much right. But to think he could still play in the NFL?

Owens thinks he could. Or at least that’s what he says.

“Me not being on the field right now is a joke,” Owens said on Fox Sports Radio with Eric Dickerson. “I don’t care what people say. Even though I’m 43, trust me, I’m not your average 43-year-old.”

Owens, who turns 44 in December, hasn’t played in a game since Dec. 19, 2010. Jerry Rice was 42 when he played his last game on Jan. 2, 2005, the oldest receiver to play an NFL game.

“Even when I was 35, 36, 37 they said I was too old, but I was still ballin’ out with the 20-year-olds. I can go out right now and give you a 4.4 [in the 40],” said Owens, who ran a hand-held 4.63 at the 1996 combine.

Owens, a six-time Pro Bowlers and one of the most productive receivers in NFL history, has been a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame the past two years but has yet to advance to the reduction to 10.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just laughed so hard this literally came out of no where

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TO...dude..Go play in the CFL for a couple of years and we'll talk about it.....

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Brett Favre's been throwing well as of recent, why is no one signing him?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm older than T.O., and I, too, think I can still do the same shit I did when I was in my early 30's.
I can't.

Neither can you, Terrell.

That said, I'm sure he can still ball a little. He'd probably be able to play in an NFL game or two. But then LaMarcus Joyner would catch him coming over the middle and make him feel every bit of that 43 years -- and then some. Dude would turn 55 in a matter of seconds.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
TO could probably go out and play respectably. The problem is, nobody wants to here a respectable receiver run his fucking mouth. You have to be great to get away with that.Which he no longer is.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Off the side but related. I've never understood the infatuation with Superman. A clean cut, 5 cans of Aqua Net hairstyle, "Super Hero" in women's gymnastics material apparel with a wavy cape. :rolllaugh:

No sympathy for any person who walks around with a t-shirt let alone the logo as a tattoo. Yes that includes Shaq, too.

Spawn is cool as fuck, though.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I have to disagree. I bet he could still play and probably play better than half the guys currently in the NFL. For crying outloud: Bradley Marques, Brian Quick and Pharoh Cooper were 3 on our roster alone last year that TO could outplay.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to disagree. I bet he could still play and probably play better than half the guys currently in the NFL. For crying outloud: Bradley Marques, Brian Quick and Pharoh Cooper were 3 on our roster alone last year that TO could outplay.

But for how long could he play? I can understand a kicker playing at that age but not a wide receiver. Those hamstrings, knees, and shoulders take much longer to recover after a game no matter how much he trains. "Glory days, well, they'll pass you by. Glory days, in the wink of a young girl's eye. Glory days, glory days, glory days." - Springsteen

The irony is that T.O. has been wanting to get into the Hall of Fame and has been a finalist for the last two years. If a team signs him he would have to get in the back of the line once he retires again.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's trying to get an NFL gig by being a loudmouth. Worked for Dickerson right? Man, JOKE is the appropriate word, that's for sure, although CLASSLESS is probably better.

TexasRam

Legend
That one dude that always talks about how amazing he is and then wonders why no one wants him around.

fearsomefour

Legend
Off the side but related. I've never understood the infatuation with Superman. A clean cut, 5 cans of Aqua Net hairstyle, "Super Hero" in women's gymnastics material apparel with a wavy cape. :rolllaugh:

No sympathy for any person who walks around with a t-shirt let alone the logo as a tattoo. Yes that includes Shaq, too.

Spawn is cool as freak, though.
I always use the Superman Batman comparison in terms of characters.
Superman is perfect, always virtuous and not beatable. Batman, by comparison, is a deeply flawed person. He is in conflict with who he is and doesn't really want to be who he is a good part of the time. Batman is so much more relatable.
I would so far as to say people who prefer Superman are probably surface thinkers.

fearsomefour

Legend
So, TO is not a dumb guy in my opinion, despite some of the things that come out of his mouth.
This is the sad part of spots/fame when someone doesn't develop other parts of their personality. He is capable of doing a lot of other things besides play football. Hard worker for sure, can be very focused and smart enough.
Get help TO.
Has future rehab/suicide written all over him to me. But, I'm just a fatso sitting on a couch reading an article.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Damn he really wants to get into the hall of fame

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has future rehab/suicide written all over him to me.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/terrell-owens-suicide-attempt

Controversial football star Terrell Owens attempted suicide last night by taking an overdose of prescription pain pills, according to a Dallas Police Department report. A copy of the report can be found below. The Dallas Cowboys wide receiver, 32, was depressed and told cops that he was trying to harm himself, the report states.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Methinks TO needs a paycheck.

I think you are right.

That one dude that always talks about how amazing he is and then wonders why no one wants him around.

And all the while he rips other guys in the locker room. Nobody likes this guy for a reason, lots of reasons actually. There is a reason why 5 teams kicked him to the curb despite potentially being in the conversation for greatest WR ever. He's a turd. Just a lousy person.

Damn he really wants to get into the hall of fame

I understand not factoring in a players personal life, and while I would do it to a degree I know the rule is "what they did on the field".

But with TO you have to consider "what he did as a player". And in that regard he comes up short IMO. A guy who rips team mates, divides a locker room, and trashes a player after a Super Bowl loss doesn't deserve the highest honor. It's fair to say he was fantastic as a WR but among the worst of his era as a team mate.

Again there is a reason 5 teams walked away from him. Two of them let him go in his prime.