Temperature check after Day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Where are you at after day 2?

• Freezing Cold - I don't see the plan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukewarm - I like some, I dislike some

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Hot Hot Hot - I understand the plan but preferred other players

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Smoke Show - We're nailing it and I bow to the glory of Les Snead

Votes: 50 70.4%

• Total voters

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Appreciate there are multiple draft threads running but I don't have time to read 800-something replies. So let's do a quick check - how we all feeling after day 2?

Mark me down as having singed pubes and eyebrows. I think we are fucking nailing this, there's a clear plan and a clear style of player they are looking for which mirrors their moves last year and also I'm free agency this year.

It's clear to me that this team is now prioritising high character "guys who care" with relentless motors and impeccable attitudes. And these guys are dogs. I absolutely love it.

What we all thinking?

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
First draft where the guys we are drafting are names we all recognize. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing with the great drafts we’ve had recently. Ha!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What's not to like. They filled in positions of need with what look like great players. All this after their outstanding free agency moves.

I particularly like the kyren mark 2 pick. I want to see the Rams run like that all game.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
It's clear to me that this team is now prioritising high character "guys who care" with relentless motors and impeccable attitudes.
Absolutely right.

And the best thing is that all four selections are potentially going to start on day one, with Corum sharing RB duties with KW.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Snead and McVay have a “good look in their eyes”. I am way hotter than “luke warm” :)

The AD “make sure they care” comment will define our next SB win

Keep trading 2025 picks so as not to lose out on another potential starter before we pick again at 154!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I really like all of the players chosen based on what I have read about them and seen on YouTube. I haven't watched them play regularly or dissected any film. They seem to be good value based on the scouting consensus, whatever that is worth, while simultaneously addressing real areas of need. But ultimately none of that matters. We see that regularly with the Rams drafting mid-to-late round gems - only time will tell how prospects turn out at the NFL level.

The only pick I did not like was Fiske. I am fine with the player, but feel it was a steep price to pay to move up, particularly when we already drafted for the defensive trenches in round 1. Maybe the Rams really liked him and thought they couldn't get him later on. Or feared a run on DL generally and felt Donald's departure meant we had to double-down on DL early. But again. Time will tell. Fiske might prove worth every penny.

I love that Blake Corum appers to be extremely similar to Williams. Nothing will have to change with the offense when one is the game vs. the other and there should be no "tells" for the defence. RB was very deceptively a huge area of need, IMO, if the front office does not have confidence Evans can step into the RB2 role. In such an event, we have nobody behind Williams, this offense only really fires when it can run the ball, and RBs get hurt - there is no way around it. Williams in particular seems prone to getting knicked up.

This really feels like a draft based on need more than any other we have seen under Snead and McVay. Hopefully, hindsight shows us the stars aligned to let it happen, as opposed to them "forcing" picks.

I give it a B+. Hard for me to give an "A" range grade, personally, with the trade up cost considered in the context of already going DL round 1.

Last edited:

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
The only pick I'm kinda meh on is Kichens. The rest weren't my first choice, but are excellent picks imo. Was hoping for a WR (Rice) in the 3rd as I think there will be a run in the 4th and we have no picks there.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love it....three defensive starters and one of the big nerds taken care of on offense.

Now go get LB, WR, C, DT and a kicker

jap

Legend
Appreciate there are multiple draft threads running but I don't have time to read 800-something replies. So let's do a quick check - how we all feeling after day 2?

Mark me down as having singed pubes and eyebrows. I think we are fucking nailing this, there's a clear plan and a clear style of player they are looking for which mirrors their moves last year and also I'm free agency this year.

It's clear to me that this team is now prioritising high character "guys who care" with relentless motors and impeccable attitudes. And these guys are dogs. I absolutely love it.

What we all thinking?
That was Aaron's concern prior to the 2023 draft after the Horns dispatched several high-salaried vets: "Just make sure they care!"

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I voted:

music producer fun GIF by Two Friends
bikini GIF

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If for no other reason than your description I went smoke show!

What were the most common listed needs other than Kicker here going into the draft? DT (maybe 2 of them), Edge, CB, Safety, an RB2, an ILB2 and a return man?

Well we added a very good Edge, DT, RB and Safety. And if you listen to McSnead talk about all 4 of the picks you see that they once again are after certain types of players. So while some may have preferred other players you have to ask yourself if those other players fit their idea of a Rams type player.

I give us an A for the first 2 days.

Just my 2 pesos

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This 1000% and as fans going forward this is going to make predicting picks all the harder. And I agree with you and others that this is a great way build a team!

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I am curious to know if the Rams were going to pick the MLBer Wilson, who the Steelers picked right before the Rams took Kinchens.

tempests

Hall of Fame
DT and edge were their top needs going in and they got two of the draft's top prospects at those positions. Easy to be happy with that.

They needed RB and safety help as well so we'll see what contributions we get from our 3rd rounders.

Overall I'd say we're doing pretty well.

JYB

Starter

What we all thinking?
Overall, I love it.

Only complaints are that we gave up too much to move up in second and that the PFF guys said Kinchens is a terrible tackler. A big problem for a safety.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It feels like we got 4 players that are going to play a lot of snaps for us in 2024.

That’s an “A” grade on any scale and we’re not done yet.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My (unstated) goal before the draft was to get potential starters with the first four picks and go from there. I think we've achieved that.

The other thought I had was, how successful would be successful enough in the long run? My answer to myself (we speak a lot) was to hit on 3 of the 4 first picks, and 2 of the day 3 picks, 3 if one is a kicker. Fingers crossed for both of those.