Story on Latu's injury/career coming up on NFLN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Been watching. All there is so far is sad shit about Michael Pratt

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Supposedly some Dr was asked about Latu’s injury and he said, it’s not a matter of if it will end his career but more a matter of when.

So is five years of Latu worth a first round pick?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Been watching. All there is so far is sad shit about Michael Pratt
It wasn't that long...maybe an 7-8 minute segment. Just about how he handled the brief retirement, then getting cleared. Not a lot of details. Seems like a good kid and strong family.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Supposedly some Dr was asked about Latu’s injury and he said, it’s not a matter of if it will end his career but more a matter of when.

Damn where did this come from? That's a huge red flag.

tempests

Hall of Fame
If a couple of those years are Pro Bowl ones, sure.

Though for his sake, if that's the prognosis, maybe he should think about not playing football then. No guarantee he would get five years.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was some other guy who had a similar injury who got drafted who lasted only 5 years but forget who it was. One of the draft guys mentioned.
That changes everything in terms of Latu. Would not touch him in the 1st then.

WestCoastRam

Legend
That changes everything in terms of Latu. Would not touch him in the 1st then.
I mean, you have to take it into consideration. But it's why I'm saying, if the injury is something most teams are not down with, he'll slide way out of the 1st not a couple spots.

But all it takes is 1 team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What about four years? ~ Todd G.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hadn't heard this news. Guessing he is more of a 2nd rounder now. For the record, I'd be all over him in the 2nd for the 5 years of great pass rush.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Though for his sake, if that's the prognosis, maybe he should think about not playing football then. No guarantee he would get five years.
If he was instrumental in getting the Rams two rings in four or five years, then it’s worth a first round pick for the Rams.

But, as you said, is it worth it for him? I have rods going from C4 to C1. They bend at a 90 degree angle at the top and hold my head up. That was 13 hours of surgery and a full year of recovery. Plus anything I do that uses my shoulders tightens the muscles so severely that it gives me terrible headaches that have lasted weeks. So, I had to learn not to push myself like I did my entire life. When I feel a little tightness I have to stop and sit and relax. I can’t work full time. I can’t do most of what I loved to do, as I was a very physical person who loved exercising, hiking and running.

I’m sure a short NFL career would not be worth anything like I went through.

However, the Rams have one of the top orthopedic surgeons (Neil Elitrage) as their team doctor. If he clears the pick I’d imagine that is about the most professional opinion you could get.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean, you have to take it into consideration. But it's why I'm saying, if the injury is something most teams are not down with, he'll slide way out of the 1st not a couple spots.

But all it takes is 1 team.
If we got to pick at 19 and can somehow trade into the 40s to get him that would be pretty clutch. Depending on what it would cost us to get up there.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M

I'd prefer to use the same pick on another player who could provide Pro Bowl years and be with the team for a decade.