State of Rams per a Scout.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I can definitely understand the comments about receiver route running. It is a big problem. And frankly, it often causes Foles to get undeserved grief from fans.

But here's my question. Why is it still occurring in midseason?

Don't we have experienced coaches being paid big bucks to correct such problems?

Gawd!

It's reached the point where I can't even discuss Foles. There is no evidence of him being good enough or not being good enough. I still think half of what's being dumped on him is the result of very poor WR play, but he does also have too many mistakes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My feelings exactly with the one cavet that the Cards could change my mind in the upcoming games. Let's see how they run with the big dogs. I don't think they will stay with the pack. I fully expect them to tank, but Ill respect the hard wins if they get them.
This is where I am as well. I watch the Cards and I see a team that is built to win the games they should win but just not a team I would suspect will win games against the better clubs. I think we will overtake them and it will be between us and the shecocks to decide the West.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just don't know if I believe it. Not the OP, but who he talked to. Too much of it sounds...not quite right.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
a Super Bowl team?? are they moving Jonny Hekker to quarterback and importing a couple sumo wrestlers to start on the line?

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The funny thing about Saffold is he sucked this season, statisticly speaking, but when he's in the game next to GRob, GRob is much better.

There is no "statistics" that say Saffold sucked. We can all agree based on observations but the team will judge him on their own internal grading.

Just don't know if I believe it. Not the OP, but who he talked to. Too much of it sounds...not quite right.

Agreed that insider information can lie on a wide spectrum. But I like a lot of it so thanks for posting.

Big Willie

Starter
With an inexperienced OL, it makes perfect sense to expect them to be better the second half of the year than they were the first half. SB team, maybe, but there are so many things they have to be better at....and soon. I will settle for winning the next three games in a row...then I will be willing to consider them even making the playoffs. The team has talent, finally. The defense gives up too many yards early and the offense can't extend drives. Ask the scout how to fix those issues.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
That is very cool insight. Thanks @MountainRam !!!

I've certainly never been an NFL scout, but I would have to question a couple of his thoughts...Guess we'll see...I'd love to see a SB quality team over the next 8 weeks, i just can't see that big a turnaround on offense that quickly with these same guys on the field...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yes I would consider it highly probable that Rodger Saffold will return in 2016 but in a very weakened state. It would be very hard to release Saffold while he is under his contract next year. Plus no telling how long it will take to get him fully cleared to play after undergoing two reconstructed shoulders surgeries in less than one yr 2015. Saffold will face some heavy competition from UN damaged fully healthy Ram OG's Garrett Reynolds, Jamon Brown & Cody Wichmann . Saffold's best bet would be as our multi position OL'er Top Reserve. That way you might get some use from him without placing him back in harms way as a starter would get.

I agree that Jamon Brown is a very good starting left OG & EJ Gaines is a very good starter ...yes outstanding talents..issue is Gaines suffered a real serious long term foot injury & Jamon Brown has not started @ left OG since wk 4. Browns play @ ORG was at the bottom of the five starters until Andrew Donnal started last week. Rookie Rob Havenstein has played much better than Rookie Jamon Brown. On top of that Havenstein is the Rams best OT (hear that GRob).

As far as Fisher being held up & compared to the Patriots HC? :thinking:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
It is time for this team to suck it up and step it up. It's time to make that turn. We shouldn't lose more than 2 games rest of the year if this team plays at the level that is expected... by me.

dhaab

Rookie
Fisher may be a good evaluator of defensive talent, but I certainly haven't seen much proof of him being a good judge of offensive talent. Anyone who honestly thinks this team can win a Super Bowl with this offense is definitely drinking some kool-aid.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... I respect the Cardinals.

Will they win the west? Will they have success in the playoffs? I believe they are good enough to be a threat in both. The 2011 Giants should convince us of that.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Fisher may be a good evaluator of defensive talent, but I certainly haven't seen much proof of him being a good judge of offensive talent. Anyone who honestly thinks this team can win a Super Bowl with this offense is definitely drinking some kool-aid.

In Mountain Ram's defense, he didn't post that the scout said Rams are a Super Bowl 'winning' team, just a Super Bowl team. :sneaky:

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Should be interesting . I'm excited to see any upgrade coming. We all figured Coach Fisher was safe for his final year. If we are expected to see a upcoming extension for this coach I'm gonna go find a place to hide. Snead deserves an extension. We have never seen an offseason the likes of the one coming with so much talent to be resigned along with Maintaining the "D" level at all key points and also upgrading the weak spots on this "O".

I hope we can evaluate our WR coach at the very least. Route running CAN be taught at this level. Hoping Wes Welker can add MAJOR help with all recievers. One week at a time for me after seeing what injuries can do to our team. We NEED a string of Healthy games along with wins on the road. I only wish the Cardinals were gonna implode. I don't see it happening . But would ENJOY it emmensely. I'm picking Cards over hawks this week. Although had my worst week with only 8 win picks. I did call the Bears win in San Diego though. Missed all 3 upsets that only 1 person picked right in our pickem game. Still in Survivor but so many just wow upsets this year. So many more to come in this unique year.

Injuries are gonna decide who wins it all. Many more losses of players for the pats and they can not win it all. You have to just get lucky with all the injuries. Wish we could get some back without losing more.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

LOL it took me a second to get that you fucker that was funny as hell........kudos to you!!!

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I just don't see the value Saffold brings. It's not like he's got this wealth of experience at G. He's been beaten out of every job basically and ended up at G. Why bother when you have Reynolds, Wichmann, Donnal and Rhaney? You will also have another draft class and UDFA's to help fill the void for much cheaper and healthier. Upgrade The WR core and a starting TE.

jjab360

Legend
I just don't see the value Saffold brings. It's not like he's got this wealth of experience at G. He's been beaten out of every job basically and ended up at G. Why bother when you have Reynolds, Wichmann, Donnal and Rhaney? You will also have another draft class and UDFA's to help fill the void for much cheaper and healthier. Upgrade The WR core and a starting TE.
I think that list of names is exactly why you bother lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Like this 20 times if I could, well said.
His waiting to see guys open is why he also doesn't throw many picks....similar to Kap. Low picks, but long stretches of futility. That Eagles O also schemed a lot of quick throws....so, really one receiver on a route, ball is out quick, short throw, an extension of the running game.
Watching veteran pocket QBs that are good you will see them throw the ball as the receiver goes into his break. A timing route. In most cases if you see a guy running open across the middle so does a S or someone else. The picture that another poster (forgot whom, sorry) put up on the Where Should Nick Throw thread was a great example. Foles is holding the ball, Bailey is stopping on his route and Cook is breaking open....that is when the ball needs to be thrown....if he goes to Bailey by the time he gets turned around he ball is nearly there, nothing the DB can do. If he goes to Cook he has a step and the S has not had the opportunity to get there yet.
Foles gets hit quite a bit. But, the Oline pass blocking has generally been pretty good lately. There were a bunch of plays vs Minnesota where he is standing in the pocket for several seconds....then it breaks down. He is creating that "pressure" because he is not getting rid of the ball.

I can definitely understand the comments about receiver route running. It is a big problem. And frankly, it often causes Foles to get undeserved grief from fans.

But here's my question. Why is it still occurring in midseason?

Don't we have experienced coaches being paid big bucks to correct such problems?

Gawd!

Either Sherman needs to retire or Snead needs to learn how to evaluate WRs. It is probably both.

My feelings exactly with the one cavet that the Cards could change my mind in the upcoming games. Let's see how they run with the big dogs. I don't think they will stay with the pack. I fully expect them to tank, but Ill respect the hard wins if they get them.

The Cards are hanging 40 points on teams the Rams are scoring in the teens against. With Chris Johnson reviving his career they have the final piece to their offense. They are tough to defend and built to beat the NFC West defenses, that were designed for power on power.

I don't see how a SuperBowl team loses to the Skins.