Stanley Jean-Baptiste says teams approaching him to play safety

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Stanley Jean-Baptiste - DB - Cornhuskers
Fox Sports1's Alex Marvez reports that interested NFL teams have spoke to Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste about "potentially playing safety."
"Nebraska CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste says interested teams spoke with him about potentially playing safety but will give him shot at CB first," Marvez tweeted. At 6-foot-2 3/8 and 215 pounds, Jean-Baptiste has rare size at the corner position. The lengthy corner, could perhaps be used in a versatile role in today's NFL. With safeties doing more work in coverage, it could play to his advantage to make the switch. Jean-Baptiste's length,strength and ability to play on an island could definitely add value to his stock as we move closer to the draft.
Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

Have heard this guys name mentioned as a 2nd or 3rd round corner but dont know much about him. anybody have any idea if he would be a good fit at saftey?? hes got decent coverage skills or he wouldnt be playing CB could be a good fit hes definately got the size.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Stanley is a great athlete, is rangy and has decent cover skills. He might be a great FS in the NFL but he likes to disappear in games sometimes but that could of been scheme too in Lincoln. I'm always for Huskers becoming Rams though. (y)

Alan

Legend
I'm not surprised about this considering the dearth of Safeties and plethora of CBs in this draft.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stanley is a great athlete, is rangy and has decent cover skills. He might be a great FS in the NFL but he likes to disappear in games sometimes but that could of been scheme too in Lincoln. I'm always for Huskers becoming Rams though. (y)

What round do you think hes gonna go in?

PhxRam

You mean guys like eric crouch?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I did like Tommie Frazier. I wonder if he would have made it in the pros.
yes, he was NFL caliber. Too bad about the blood clots in his legs that must of come from running over linebackers.

PhxRam

yes, he was NFL caliber. Too bad about the blood clots in his legs that must of come from running over linebackers.

I dont know man. Dont get me wrong, he possibly could have made it but his stats dont indicate a pocket QB by any means

33-3 (91.7%) as a four year starter. 49% passer (250 of 509)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I dont know man. Dont get me wrong, he possibly could have made it but his stats dont indicate a pocket QB by any means
Remember the system he was in back then. That's when the Huskers pounded the ball and were in the option most of the time. He had a strong arm but I don't know how good he would of been reading NFL Ds though but he had the raw talent.

PhxRam

Remember the system he was in back then. That's when the Huskers pounded the ball and were in the option most of the time. He had a strong arm but I don't know how good he would of been reading NFL Ds though but he had the raw talent.

I agree.. probably one of my favorite huskers.. I did like grant wistrom as well.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn were running out shit to talk about these next 3 weeks are gonna drag.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you watch Baptiste's highlights he looks very good. But like Husker said he disappeared at times. If he played to his full potential I think he easily could have been a first round pick.

The move to safety make a lot of sense in his case.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

My sister was the assistant Dean of Bradenton HS when Tommie was there. She had to dole out some detentions for olé Tommie back then. He became good friends with her especially after he went off to college. My sis went to HS in Omaha and my parents were still stationed there. She got me one of Tommie's game jerseys that I think I still have somewhere in the house.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My sister was the assistant Dean of Bradenton HS when Tommie was there. She had to dole out some detentions for olé Tommie back then. He became good friends with her especially after he went off to college. My sis went to HS in Omaha and my parents were still stationed there. She got me one of Tommie's game jerseys that I think I still have somewhere in the house.
You don't need it anymore right? ;)

V3

Hall of Fame
Umm, I thought he was always considered to be a likely candidate to move to S? I remember hearing a bunch of this about him before the Senior Bowl.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You don't need it anymore right? ;)

Hahaha

I've kept it all these years because my sis gave it to me.

You should have seen what I did with my Shaq and Dwight-mare stuff after they bailed on Orlando though. With shaq's shit, a bunch of Magic fans had a big fire outside of the old O-rena were everything shaq was burned. With dwight-mare's, I actually used the two shirts I had of his as fish towels (they were great for getting squid ink and juice off your hands after baiting the hooks). With dwight I even made sure to put any picture of him from the sports page under my parrots perches and in his cage... seriously.

The Tommie jersey I'm gonna keep safe though. Go Big Red !

PhxRam

Hahaha

I've kept it all these years because my sis gave it to me.

You should have seen what I did with my Shaq and Dwight-mare stuff after they bailed on Orlando though. With shaq's crap, a bunch of Magic fans had a big fire outside of the old O-rena were everything shaq was burned. With dwight-mare's, I actually used the two shirts I had of his as fish towels (they were great for getting squid ink and juice off your hands after baiting the hooks). With dwight I even made sure to put any picture of him from the sports page under my parrots perches and in his cage... seriously.

The Tommie jersey I'm gonna keep safe though. Go Big Red !

Dwight is one of those guys who claims he wants to be the man, but will NEVER be the man. He just doesnt have it in him. He is to busy being a clown like Shaq.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Dwight is one of those guys who claims he wants to be the man, but will NEVER be the man. He just doesnt have it in him. He is to busy being a clown like Shaq.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you got that RIGHT Bob. His is also busy collecting Baby Mamas,,, I think he's up to 6 or 7 now.

I hope I see a pic of him in the paper clanking free throws in the playoffs... The Orlando Sentinel will certainly put that on the front page. My parrot will be so happy.