Sports photographer moved to tears during Rams game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://fox2now.com/2015/12/14/sports-photographer-moved-to-tears-during-rams-game/

ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – Photographer Karl Lund routinely takes in Rams games at the Edwards Jones Domes as part of his job. In a Facebook post Monday morning, Karl admits to “losing his composure” after seeing and learning about a special seven-year-old girl named “Janet” who suffers from an inoperable cancer.

This is what Lund posted to Facebook:

I’m not ashamed to admit this, but photographing Janet on the field yesterday after the Rams vs Lions game was the most difficult photo I’ve ever had to take. I tried to distract my mind with happy thoughts but the reality of this moment was too overwhelming to ignore. I lost my composure in front of everyone on the field and the spectators in the stands.

While I was photographing Janet I learned the following:

“Janet just turned 7 years old and she has a rare form of cancer that has no name and no cure at this time. Janet has this cancer in many areas of her brain and now her spine. This is killing her and there’s nothing the doctors can do.”

At a time when Janet should be playing with other children, coloring, making rainbow-loom bracelets, playing with dolls and dreaming about the future, Janet is instead living for today while her family prepares for a future without her.

As we move closer to the holidays I strongly encourage you to pray for Janet, her family and the doctors who are fighting desperately to save her life.

I also ask you to share this with your family and friends so that they will do the same for Janet. I don’t care what their color or religion they are. Just have them pray.

The Rams donated $5,000 to an organization that helps children like Janet fight brain cancer:

View: https://twitter.com/STLRamsCheer/status/668276093439385600

12346377_10206793274144937_7497966788858644778_n.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really puts things in perspective. We get upset about a game.

A game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
:(

Yeah. It's a shame I have to read a story like this to gain real perspective on things.

God bless, Janet.

FRO

Legend
I saw the headline and was going to insert a Rams offense joke, but after reading the story I can't. My prayers are with that little girl and her family.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
A brave little girl who was dealt a crappy hand life is indeed unfair.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thanks for posting this Paul. Great read and some much needed perspective. Cheers my brother.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
As a parent of small children, it's my greatest fear. I pray every day for my children's health and for kids like Janet and her family who are suffering. God bless.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Scrooled down to say I can't read this, but God bless this little girl. I did the Locks of Love dig awhile ago and that's all I can relate to.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Thanks for sharing. It is a shame that a lot of people that can put their lives to good use have so little time.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks for posting!

Stories like this should bring us all back to "center".

Prayers for that little hero... and thoughts of a safe and joyous holiday season for all on this board.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Just can't say much right now, other then where is a lump in my throat & tears in my eyes :(

rams2050

Starter
I wish the Rams would have donated more than $5,000. I know that they could have done so. Of course, I also know that they probably donate a lot more than that -- all year long -- to any number of charitable organizations so I am happy that they at least acknowledged the brave fight being waged by this sweet little girl and her family.

God bless you, dear. I -- and many ROD members -- will be praying for you! Miracles really do happen sometimes. Let us pray that you become the beneficiary of one of them!