Spags disappointed at not being named Giants head coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
at 27-36 with the Rams, why is Fisher not on that list?

Because he had to deal with the wreckage of what came before him, 21-63 left behind by Linehan and Spags. The Rams had the worst won-loss record over a ten-year stretch of any team in NFL history. The rebuilding process has taken time - too much time imo - but nonetheless. We are no longer a laughingstock but a team that is so unpredictable that we are feared. That said, time is running out for the Fisher/Snead combo to produce a perennial playoff team.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm sure he was disappointed, but I'm sure Owners John Mara and Steve Tisch brought up this little tidbit during the interview process:

Coaching Record
Season Team Regular Season Post Season
Record
Finish Record Finish
2009 St. Louis Rams 1-15 4th -- NFC West --
2010 St. Louis Rams 7-9 2nd -- NFC West --
2011 St. Louis Rams 2-14 4th -- NFC West --
Career 10-38 0-0

Not to mention the stint in New Orleans with the record setting crappy defense.

And the Giants weren't stellar on that side of the ball last year either.

Frankly that guy should be thanking his lucky stars that he is even still coaching in the NFL and making millions. He's terrible.

Psycho_X

Legend
He still has a dream of being a head coach... guess he's forced the three years here out of his memory like so many of us wish we could. Like others have said he should be thanking his bosses for still paying him to be bad at his job. Michael Strahan and his defensive line teammates has given him a career much better and longer then it ever had a right to be.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Besides him not being worthy, his comments are pretty inappropriate from a team perspective IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, I'm disappointed that I didn't win the lottery, so there's that

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I just shot water out my nose!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
WOW Rams get two of the worst, in fairness, Linehan was far worse than Spags IMHO, however, Spagnuolo made a huge mistake a first time Head Coach should never do and that's hire first time Coordinators as well!

No. Linehan was not as bad as Spagnuolo. Nobody ever was. Never in life.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Can we stop arguing over who's worse between Spags and Linehan? It's like arguing over which sucks more between syphilis and leprosy.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No. Linehan was not as bad as Spagnuolo. Nobody ever was. Never in life.

I will disagree, Linehan could not motivate a Marine at a brothel, he was awful and had a much better team than Spagnuolo inherited. They both were bad, but Linehan was not comfortable in his own skin and stammered when he spoke, he just was not Head Coaching material and should have never been hired.

At the time Spagnuolo was coming of designing a defense that kept the New England Patriots from entering immortality overseeing a defense that held one of the most prolific offenses to 14 points. Spagnuolo was on everyone's short list whereas Linehan was only interviewed by two teams one being the Rams...If the Rams did not fire Linehan in his third year in 2008 the Rams would have finished 0-16!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yikes, we had the #7 and #2 worst coaches back to back!! Gives you a little perspective on what Fisher truly inherited when he got here. I expect him to bring this team a Superbowl within 3 years. Yep, I said it.

Oh, and Spags can kick rocks.....

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yikes, we had the #7 and #2 worst coaches back to back!! Gives you a little perspective on what Fisher truly inherited when he got here. I expect him to bring this team a Superbowl within 3 years. Yep, I said it.

Oh, and Spags can kick rocks.....

they really should have been #2 and #1. the article also didn't take into account the two linehan drafts which fast tracked the rams journey to rock bottom, 15 and 65. the worst record ever over a 5 year span. worst ever in history. think about that, in history.

that has #2 and #1 written all over it.