Some personnel changes I'd like to see

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I understand continuity is a big part of offensive line play...but I'd really like to see Robinson and Barnes get some playing time over Joseph and Wells.

I'd like to see Mason get a chance to get a few carries behind Stacy.

Austin Davis has simply shocked me with his play these past two weeks. He was very efficient in the Tampa game...yesterday I think he played more than efficient and simply made plays. With Davis our offense has been the steading force while the defense is struggling...I think if the offensive line play would steady itself even more and a better change of pace option like Mason could potentially extend another drive or two in the games relieving a little more stress from the defense.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I understand continuity is a big part of offensive line play...but I'd really like to see Robinson and Barnes get some playing time over Joseph and Wells.

I'd like to see Mason get a chance to get a few carries behind Stacy.

Austin Davis has simply shocked me with his play these past two weeks. He was very efficient in the Tampa game...yesterday I think he played more than efficient and simply made plays. With Davis our offense has been the steading force while the defense is struggling...I think if the offensive line play would steady itself even more and a better change of pace option like Mason could potentially extend another drive or two in the games relieving a little more stress from the defense.

I haven't seen anything out of Mason that Cunningham or Watts can't do, and they play special teams well.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I emphatically agree with you on replacing Wells with Barnes. I'd like to see Robinson at least get a few snaps at LG, and hopefully during the bye week they will work on getting him ready for that.

I'd also like to see Joyner play safety.

Davis is the one personnel change I don't want to see. Nothing against Hill, but Davis has stepped up and earned more playing time.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't seen anything out of Mason that Cunningham or Watts can't do, and they play special teams well.
Well, you haven't seen Mason in the regular season at all. But we say what Mason did in college and he simply has a tremendous amount of talent.

Hell...why not sit Givens and dress all four runningbacks and let Watts, Mason, or Cunningham return kicks?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We have seen Mason and his lack of pass blocking skills made it quite evident that he is not ready to play at this level.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Well, you haven't seen Mason in the regular season at all. But we say what Mason did in college and he simply has a tremendous amount of talent.

Hell...why not sit Givens and dress all four runningbacks and let Watts, Mason, or Cunningham return kicks?

I can get on board with that. I'd be willing to sit Givens for my grandma.

BTW, I don't want to sound like I'm knocking Mason, it's more I was impressed with Watts.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
We have a glut at RB honestly. IMO stacy isnt getting enough carries as it is. He was doing well but only had 12 totes. We had 5 ball carriers not counting Davis yesterday. Trying to squeeze another RB into the mix only makes it thinner. They always talk about a runner "getting a rythm" and with the way the carries are spread around none of them has a chance to do that.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm definitely in favor of taking a look at Robinson over Joseph. He has not played as well as I thought he would.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
We have a glut at RB honestly. IMO stacy isnt getting enough carries as it is. He was doing well but only had 12 totes. We had 5 ball carriers not counting Davis yesterday. Trying to squeeze another RB into the mix only makes it thinner. They always talk about a runner "getting a rythm" and with the way the carries are spread around none of them has a chance to do that.
I understand about what you're thinking regarding getting into a rhythm, but in a way, I really think this is a good thing.

At least I was worried about Stacy staying healthy with as many carries as he had last year. Another thing is I think this really makes us less predictable. We had some really nice blocking on outside runs against the Cowboys.

And what about that end around to Cook? Sure it didn't work, but that was an entertaining creative play.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I understand about what you're thinking regarding getting into a rhythm, but in a way, I really think this is a good thing.

At least I was worried about Stacy staying healthy with as many carries as he had last year. Another thing is I think this really makes us less predictable. We had some really nice blocking on outside runs against the Cowboys.

And what about that end around to Cook? Sure it didn't work, but that was an entertaining creative play.
What we were doing was working. Up the gut, screens, etc. Not sure getting cute there was the right decision. My grandfather used to say "dance with the girl that brung you."

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I want to see Long-Robinson-Wells-Saffold-Barksdale.

I want to see Trumaine back on the outside with Gaines covering the slot and Joyner at FS.

I want to see Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin get more work on the outside.

I want to see more of Aaron Donald.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
What we were doing was working. Up the gut, screens, etc. Not sure getting cute there was the right decision. My grandfather used to say "dance with the girl that brung you."
I can appreciate that mentality, but I just don't think that our offensive line can do that on a consistent basis ... yet.

You have to admit we made some plays up the gut yesterday that were stuffed at the line, and we also had some excellent blocking on outside runs as well, and some well executed screens to boot. In all I think their success was as much due to the variety of plays called.

The way I look at it on regarding the end around is it's as much testing the other team's athleticism as it is a trick play.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Changes? The DL thus far has been "Sack City" NOT! Rams after 3 games have only O N E sack!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Changes? The DL thus far has been "Sack City" NOT! Rams after 3 games have only O N E sack!

Of course, if we get one the refs will figure out a way to take it away from us, like they did with Sims sack yesterday.

Also, the NFL ruleook has been amended to say that holding is legal against the Rams defense.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I completely agree on replacing Wells... I'm still in shock from what I saw him do yesterday.

I need to see more of Hill and GRob to know if they are better options than Davis and Joseph though. I haven't seen enough of either to get a feel of any kind yet. GRob is going to get out there sooner or later though... Hopefully he's ready when his number is called.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To be honest...Benny Cunningham and his 3.3 yards a carry hasn't really impressed me. I wouldn't propose to take Stacy's snaps away...

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Cunningham's 3.3 might not impress you....but his blitz pick up does........ in a big way..........

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think you're exaggerating, he's average at best in that area. Stacy is the best pass protector of the bunch, imo.
Stacy isn't bad. But look at the game yesterday. The couple that really stand out were Cunningham. He also did a job on David last week on the Pettit catch.