So what do we do about receiver

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
18 and 11. Could we upgrade? Sure, but they can be solid weapons when given the ball accurately or at all.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I understand Les, but he's just another ego-centric filthy rich NFL owner.

It's all about the Horns(and the booty). Get on board my friend. Let it go.

Not really anything to let go. I've been a fan since 18 was throwing to 84. I'm not changing horses just because the jockey is a *** LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ram Man

Rookie
I gotta hear this. Then why is he still on the street?
He will play next year and be productive at that. I hope its with us
Isaac Bruce caught 61 for 800+ as a 36 year old
Tim Brown caught 81 for 900+ as a 36 year old
Terrell Owens caught 55 for 800+ as a 36 year old
No reason to think he doesn't have any left in the tank

The fact that you can name only 3 players who performed well at 36 proves my point. By the way, there are more. However, the odds of Boldin producing at that level this year are very low. He is too old.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fact that you can name only 3 players who performed well at 36 proves my point. By the way, there are more. However, the odds of Boldin producing at that level this year are very low. He is too old.
Who said I can only name 3? Were the first 3 that came to mind.
But I get it, you're not here to discuss the Rams, you're just trying to stir stuff up. There's no reason to think Boldin cant produce, he doesn't rely on speed
But carry on with the nonsense

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No, the odds are not very low. Boldin put up back to back 1000+ yard seasons in 2013 and 2014. He was on pace for a 1000+ yard season last year before getting hurt despite terrible QB play. Boldin's game isn't speed. It's size, strength, route running, physicality, and hands. None of those parts of his skill-set have diminished. Boldin still has at least one more productive year left in the tank. In the right circumstances, he can put up another 900-1000 yard season.

Ram Man

Rookie
Who said I can only name 3? Were the first 3 that came to mind.
But I get it, you're not here to discuss the Rams, you're just trying to stir stuff up. There's no reason to think Boldin cant produce, he doesn't rely on speed
But carry on with the nonsense

This is ample "reason to think Boldin cant produce." That reason is age and the fact that even very good receivers hit a wall at that age. You may disagree. You may be able to point to a few great players who had good seasons at 36.

The odds of Boldin having a good season this year are low. That is why no other team has signed him yet. Certainly we can agree that these are not controversial statements?

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No, the odds are not very low. Boldin put up back to back 1000+ yard seasons in 2013 and 2014. He was on pace for a 1000+ yard season last year before getting hurt despite terrible QB play. Boldin's game isn't speed. It's size, strength, route running, physicality, and hands. None of those parts of his skill-set have diminished. Boldin still has at least one more productive year left in the tank. In the right circumstances, he can put up another 900-1000 yard season.
Not in this division. He gets shut down by Seattle and pretty sure he gets shut down by Az. That's 4 games right there.

lockdnram21

Legend
I've given this a little thought myself. Unfortunately Tre Mason's offseason has devalued him, i'm not giving away anything on defense for a pick or WR. I think we're pretty much stuck unless something happens on draft day where we can generate interest in Case Keenum, Mannion or Nick Foles to a team looking to add some insurance to their roster. Or a team that flat-out fails to land a Lynch, Cook, Kaepernick etc....

Not very promising. I personally don't think looking to ship players out is a very good idea after this amazing trade today.
What about Tj McDonald?
Saffold, TJ Mcdonald? I think we could survive without either one of them but I don't know what they would fetch in a trade. and I can't think of anybody else I would be willing to give up we are deep at those 2 positions. Would love to trade one or two of our QBs. How about offering Foles and Keenum to Denver for Sanders. Or talk Calvin Johnson out of retirement.
I thought about Tj. If Johnson comes out of retirement he's still under contract

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is ample "reason to think Boldin cant produce." That reason is age and the fact that even very good receivers hit a wall at that age. You may disagree. You may be able to point to a few great players who had good seasons at 36.

The odds of Boldin having a good season this year are low. That is why no other team has signed him yet. Certainly we can agree that these are not controversial statements?
I can point to his production over his last 3-4 years and say I don't see why at 36 there will be a drop off.
Your only defense is in just stating he cant, that's not "controversial" that's just being obtuse.
There have been plenty of other WR who played well at 36, and I see no reason to think otherwise.
Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't signed either, I guess his career is over

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not in this division. He gets shut down by Seattle and pretty sure he gets shut down by Az. That's 4 games right there.
??
He had 5 catches for 93 yards in a loss vs Seattle and then the next week had 8 catches for 93 yards vs Arizona
And that was with Blaine Gabbert at QB

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
??
He had 5 catches for 93 yards in a loss vs Seattle and then the next week had 8 catches for 93 yards vs Arizona

Seriously. He has been playing well in this division with SF for the past few years.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think that NOW the Rams can actually attract a WR like Boldin. He doesn't want to come in here and have Keenum passes sail by his head. Them getting serious about QB changes that equation, and Boldin is a nice one or two year guy to "bridge" things to next year when they get a WR high.

As to the draft, you can bank that a WR or TE they really like will slide to round 3, so a trade up is an option too. I could for example see Caroo sliding, and boy would he be a great guy for them to move up and take.

Either way I'm happy though. QB is the toughest thing to get and we're now good to go for 5 years. Let's party foos!!!

Ram Man

Rookie
I can point to his production over his last 3-4 years and say I don't see why at 36 there will be a drop off.
Your only defense is in just stating he cant, that's not "controversial" that's just being obtuse.
There have been plenty of other WR who played well at 36, and I see no reason to think otherwise.
Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't signed either, I guess his career is over

Your comment about Fitzpatrick is a straw man argument. It is beneath you. If Fitzpatrick was 28 he'd be signed right now.

Statistically speaking quarterbacks tend to remain productive at much older ages than wide receivers. Of course you know that already.

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
Seriously. He has been playing well in this division with SF for the past few years.
I thought it was only against us lol. But he wants to go to a contender. Don't think he wants to play with a rookie

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
??
Don't let facts get in the way of one of his theories!