So what do we do about receiver

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah when you factor in the rookie pool and RFA tenders it's about $5.8 million left.

Although, … if we sign Tru to a JJ like long-term contract, that would add another $5.mil to our available CAP. Also, according to Spotrac, the Rams had listed $7.mil towards the draft which should now be a couple mil. less since we sacrificed our two # 2's and our # 3. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We should be able to move Mannion for a pick or for a player. Maybe get a third rounder or Mannion and a 4th for a 2nd.

Someone on the NFL Network was mentioning Keenum to Denver due to the Kubiak connection.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone on the NFL Network was mentioning Keenum to Denver due to the Kubiak connection.
It would be nice to get another pick and drop $3.5mil from the cap. The down side is we would have to either throw the rookie in from the start or use Foles or Mannion. Maybe we still get a pick for Foles or Mannion.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is usually a few after the draft and some players get traded during the draft.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah when you factor in the rookie pool and RFA tenders it's about $5.8 million left.
They need to get Johnson's long term deal done. With a creative contract, they can create a lot of space this year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your comment about Fitzpatrick is a straw man argument. It is beneath you. If Fitzpatrick was 28 he'd be signed right now.

Statistically speaking quarterbacks tend to remain productive at much older ages than wide receivers. Of course you know that already.

i don't understand the point you're making here. if boldin was 28 he'd be signed right now as well. they're both old as fuck in sportsman years so what does it matter if they were 28?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They need to get Johnson's long term deal done. With a creative contract, they can create a lot of space this year.

Eh, I wouldn't get too creative because it'll be more important to have cash in the future than this year. Plus, we could sign Tru to a fair deal with equal cap hits each year and it would still drop his cap hit in 2016 because of how high the franchise tag number is.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eh, I wouldn't get too creative because it'll be more important to have cash in the future than this year. Plus, we could sign Tru to a fair deal with equal cap hits each year and it would still drop his cap hit in 2016 because of how high the franchise tag number is.
The Rams usually spread it out pretty evenly, but the first year is a little lower, something like Barrons contract. At almost $14 mil, they should be able to create a little space. I'm not talking about something real drastic, but enough to get another player.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Agree. I believe we'll be seeing a good deal of Marquez, Ferguson & Toon in camp, along with any potential draftee.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams usually spread it out pretty evenly, but the first year is a little lower, something like Barrons contract. At almost $14 mil, they should be able to create a little space. I'm not talking about something real drastic, but enough to get another player.

We're in agreement. At almost $14 million, they could give him an evenly spread contract similar to Janoris's and his cap hit would still be reduced by about $1.5 million.

The first year is typically lower because the signing bonus is paid up-front. Thus, it's lower for accounting purposes but often higher in actual money paid.