So the new Star Wars starts this week

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Schmitzer

UDFA
One interesting thing to see with star wars is the evolution of trailers. If you don't remember the original trailers, they were incredibly bad. Huge jump between episodes VI and I. I tell my kids the first three were before marketing was invented:

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Probably best not to watch these at work, but here are some funny moments from the Robot Chicken & Family Guy Star Wars specials.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
My youngest son bought me and my eldest son tix for Xmas day @ 10pm. Should be fun!!!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My wife ordered tickets on line for a Saturday morning show.

She should have ordered sooner. It's at our favorite theater which has recliners and an IMAX screen(not the HUGE IMAX) and sort of sensrurround speakers(like the 70s flick "Earthquake") and it's a great moviegoing experience.

The problem?

Second row from the front.

Everything was just about sold out. No good choices. And we didn't want to wait.

I may have to see it again but still--we'll be there--up close--REAL close. Lol!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't go to the movies very often anymore but I'm definitely going to see Star Wars. I don't think any Star Wars movies are going to live up to the original trilogy in my opinion. They were arguably the most iconic movies ever made. I do think that the prequel trilogy was better than most people give it credit for. If anything, the light saber duels were awesome to watch compared to the original trilogy. It is pretty crazy to think about how long Star Wars has been making money despite the gap in between trilogies filmed. We're talking 40+ years now and it is only going to keep going. Pretty crazy to think about.

While I wasn't crazy about the prequels I do agree about the light saber battles. They were fantastic and I really wanted more of Darth Maul--I thought he was a great villain.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
My wife ordered tickets on line for a Saturday morning show.

She should have ordered sooner. It's at our favorite theater which has recliners and an IMAX screen(not the HUGE IMAX) and sort of sensrurround speakers(like the 70s flick "Earthquake") and it's a great moviegoing experience.

The problem?

Second row from the front.

Everything was just about sold out. No good choices. And we didn't want to wait.

I may have to see it again but still--we'll be there--up close--REAL close. Lol!

Yikes how close to the screen is that going to be?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
The best thing about working from home on Fridays?
2:55 showings of Star Wars, getting there an hour early, and sitting in the best seats in the house.

I'm so happy today.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I just want to see a return of Jar Jar Binks as some Sith Lord
I will take my kid next week when there are no lines
But honestly not too excited about this - I think the series has stopped being just a movie about a rag tag bunch of outcasts taking on evil, but instead has morphed into what has become the greatest entertainment marketing job in the world
Personally is rather stand in line for an updated version of The Cannonball Run

image.jpg

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I loved it!

I believe J.J. Abrams did a great job and set the series on the right path for the future.

I won't say much because of spoilers but it was great seeing the old characters mixing with the new ones. As for the new ones--I thought they did a good job in creating interesting characters with backstories you want to know more about and the actors had great chemistry together. I really don't want to give anything away so I'll zip it but let me repeat that I was not disappointed. Great film. I'm going to see it again.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Will have to start a spoiler thread , but not for another week or two , we won't be seeing till next weekend,:cool:

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I've seen it twice. May go see it again. Really fun film. The new characters are great, particularly Rey --- and it was good to see Han and Chewy on the big screen again. Sets it up nicely for the next films -- how many days until Episode VIII is released ?

images

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I thought it was really good, I may have been slightly disappointed but only because i had it so built up in my mind. But it was good and I'd like to watch it again. Hopefully there will be more light sabre action in the next one. I wont spoil anything but its definitely a must see.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Mr. Plinkett's movie reviews

I don't know if anyones watched any of Mr. Plinkett's movie reviews before , but if you haven't , you're in for a treat

But first I should forewarn , theses reviews do have some colorful language , and plus the humor is a little twisted , OK , well maybe a lot twisted

His reviews are pretty long , some of them are about as long as the movie it's self , but there are more things going on in his reviews then just the review it's self

Here's one of his reviews for Star Wars III , The Revenge Of The Sith ( I absolutely hate the prequels and this is about the only way I can stand watching them )

You don't have to watch the whole thing but If you want to know what I thought of the prequels , just start the video at 1:20:30 mark , ;)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I loved it. I thought it captured the tone of the originals and I liked how the villain........

Well too much of a spoiler to continue. Suffice it to say I think it's a great build-up to the next films.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I have to say I was somewhat disappointed by this film. As an experience, yeah it was great. After all; it's Star Wars. The new characters were very good, and the story in general had promise but in terms of the progression of the plot and some of the writing I thought it was somewhat lacking.

Not going to post any spoilers of course, while we're still in the first week since release, and I'm going to hold off on judging it too much until I see it again(going again on Thursday). But again, I found myself disappointed on first viewing. Hopefully a second viewing will make me completely change my opinion on this one, as i really want to like this movie, but we'll see what happens...