So now that we're getting our QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
Our new QB will have some weapons to throw to:

1. Tavon suddenly becomes a factor more often due to increased accuracy, particularly if it's Goff.
2. Kendricks is a good weapon in the passing game. He's not a game changer but he's solid.
3. Gurley was underutilized in the passing game. That should change, put him in TE routes from backfield.
4. Rams will take a passing game weapon in round 4, hopefully a big bodied type to develop.
5. Rams might get lucky with one of Quick, Bailey, or Britt stepping up their game.

And the real key... Young OL in front of him plus a great running game behind him.

Playoffs! They're in our future MFers!
you da man Merlin
train

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I know this .... there has been soooooooo much clamouring for the Rams to do something about the QB situation ... calls for them not being aggressive enough at finding a QB ...... blaming Fisher for not caring about the offense .... I know this .... IF the pick does NOT turn out to be the answer ... I don't want to hear anymore about the aforementioned assumptions. One thing you can no longer say is that they didn't try .... that they didn't have balls .... and that they didn't care.

The draft is ALWAYS a crap shoot and even more so when it comes to the QB position. We can all hope and pray that this trade works out great for us ... but if it doesn't .. .don't blame Snead/Fisher. These guys ARE trying!

Last edited:

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I know this .... there has been soooooooo much clamouring for the Rams to do something about the QB situation ... calls fro them not being aggressive enough at finding a QB ...... blaming Fisher for not caring about the offense .... I know this .... IF the pick does NOT turn out to be the answer ... I don't want to hear anymore about the aforementioned assumptions. One thing you can no longer say is that they didn't try .... that they didn't have balls .... and that they didn't care.

The draft is ALWAYS a crap shoot and even more so when it comes to the QB position. We can all hope and pray that this trade works out great for us ... but if it doesn't .. .don't blame Snead/Fisher. These guys ARE trying!

Hey MODS! Where is that 1,000 likes button!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think it will be an open competition thru camp and early preseason.

But; if our rookie QB shows an ounce of readiness, he will be the starter week 1.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think it will be an open competition thru camp and early preseason.

But; if our rookie QB shows an ounce of readiness, he will be the starter week 1.
Yeah ... Fisher won't throw the guy out to the wolves. Whoever it is will not play until they are ready.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah ... Fisher won't throw the guy out to the wolves. Whoever it is will not play until they are ready.
And what a shitstorm will follow. People will lose their minds if the QB drafted #1 doesn't start day 1.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I would be fine going with keeum for a few weeks. More so I'm just glad we will be able to pick the QB THEY WANT

WvuIN02

Starter
Topic made me think. How quickly would JFs life be in danger if he trolled the world and took Ramsey or Tunsil??

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What make us think that the Rams will draft a QB? Or that they will get it right if they do?

because you don't make a move like that for a corner or a WR not in this draft class anyway (not any draft IMO)

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Topic made me think. How quickly would JFs life be in danger if he trolled the world and took Ramsey or Tunsil??

If I wasn't a Rams fan, this would be the funniest outcome.

But I am a Rams fan so, if this were to happen, I'd be hacking into Britain's Trident nuclear submarine programme and firing everything we've got at the greater Los Angeles area.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher will start the QB that gives him the best chance to win week 1
Period
I believe that the cream will rise to the top and the rookie will show he's ready
Keenum will be on call if the game gets away.
Rams cant afford a slow start
Keep in mind, we're not talking about a complex offense here, Gurley gets his carries, high % completion routes and play action.
Its a new era and Im psyched!

jap

Legend
So what is now really odd is on the front of ESPN it's now saying Rams favor Goff..
Not sure how I feel about that.

Is ESPN trying to play poker with Snisher? Who ever wins that game against the 'Stache & the Hair?

jap

Legend
I know this .... there has been soooooooo much clamouring for the Rams to do something about the QB situation ... calls for them not being aggressive enough at finding a QB ...... blaming Fisher for not caring about the offense .... I know this .... IF the pick does NOT turn out to be the answer ... I don't want to hear anymore about the aforementioned assumptions. One thing you can no longer say is that they didn't try .... that they didn't have balls .... and that they didn't care.

Fish has been trying from the get-go. He knows offense isn't his forte; so he did his research checking with knowledgeable people on Sam Bradford before he agreed to become the Horns ramrod. Sam's feasibility as a viable QB was one of the tipping factors there. Unfortunately, no one expected Sam to be a crystal glass athlete so that stratagem came crashing down. The Foles project looks in hindsight as a quick fix to the Sam I Am debacle that fell apart even quicker than Sam's ACL. Now they make the bold move to possibly grab the best available signal caller with a strong young OL and a nascent Hall of Fame talent at RB to support him.

Fish and his coaching crew has built potent defense and special teams units. They need production out of the QB & receiving crew. I don't how much Tavon has soaked up from Isaac Bruce and Wes Welker, but it's time to put those quick feet & running instincts to maximum use. If either of these QB's is accurate enough to find our Little Big Man among the secondary "trees" (from Tavon's perspective), the NFL DC's will have new headaches about Tavon to suffer from. And we have yet to unveil the Gurley Express! as a receiving and passing threat!

Scenario 1: Wentz tosses the ball to Tavon Austin who heads toward left tackle. Austin tosses the ball back to Gurley, who moves towards left tackle. Gurley stops and throws the rock to . . . Wentz, who's wide open for a walk-in TD!!!

jap

Legend
because you don't make a move like that for a corner or a WR not in this draft class anyway (not any draft IMO)

Also, if we didn't make a move like this for Aaron or Todd, our two NFL Rookies of the Year, what non-QB player in this draft deserves this type of upward draft slot sliding?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Fisher will start the best player... the one who gives the team the best chance to win.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it turns out to be our rookie.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm curious what everyone's opinion is on when he plays,

Quite frankly I don't think Wentz (or Goff) could do any worse than what we've seen over the last 5 years.

I say start him day 1. It will bring excitement and hell, you still hand off to Gurley 25 times a game anyway.

With our D coming back healthy I don't see much of a reason to start Keenum. Let the kids grow up together I say.
I'm sure that Fisher and Company will be very thoughtful, and careful about when they start, which-ever QB they take! Just like they where patient with Gurley! And I hope they get the same type of results!!:mrburnsevil:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Fisher got burned bad not having a QB competition last season. I don't think he goes into camp with a decision on QB.
Agreed! I don't see Fisher making the same mistake twice!(y)

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
If I wasn't a Rams fan, this would be the funniest outcome.

But I am a Rams fan so, if this were to happen, I'd be hacking into Britain's Trident nuclear submarine programme and firing everything we've got at the greater Los Angeles area.
I think you just put yourself on one of Dodgy Dave's lists :ROFLMAO:

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
When Snisher arrived they found a four pillars team short of talent and their first move was to get Finnegan to instill the toughness they wanted. They hired Gregg but of course had to wait a couple years to get him back from Bountygate. They tried to fix the OL through FA signings and counted on the health of Bradford. They loaded the defense and had Sam B been willing to sign a long term/team friendly deal, he'd still be here. They invested highly for receivers trading up for Tavon, a second rounder in Quick, big FA money for Cook and Britt, and thought Steady B was a find. They went against the grain by picking AD and TG as talent exceeded need. Since this team has suffered an inordinate amount of OL injuries each of the last dozen years, they drafted depth for the whole line in only one year. Now they mortgage the farm for a franchise QB.

With this in mind, here's why it's GOING to be Wentz.

1. Fisher values toughness and leadership. Watch both Wentz and Goff in Gruden's filmroom and you will see Goff act like Bradford and Wentz like Brady when a receiver screws up a route. He literally told Gruden, "you didn't let me finish, Coach" as he took charge of a play that Goff stumbled through.

2. When injuries to your QB derail every season, you take the bigger, stronger player.

3. This regime values upside over polish (Brockers, Quick, Ogletree, Robinson) and have demonstrated willingness to wait for production (Gurley).

4. Fisher tried to accommodate Bradford's spread skills and repented of the disaster after a handful of games. Goff has always been in the gun, Deja vu?

5. Wentz played quite a bit under center and is skilled in play action. Does anyone really think we won't be primarily a running team?

6. Wentz called his own protections. Fisher tried to get Sam to do that but it was disasterous (mostly because the OL sucked). While Carson won't be doing so this year, he has the mentality to add it in the future (ala Peyton: Omaha).

7. Because I personally evaluated both QB's a month ago and already called it then. (Is that what they call hubris?)